PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 10:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

cincij is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [3-20-09] grooveROM 4 WM 6.1 & 6.5 versions [Rhodium Manila, HD Manila & Manila f

Hello all,

I am having a serious problem with syncing my Diamond after flashing a couple of these ROM's. Currently my XP laptop does connect using activesync (it says connected and the explore button on activesync works) but it does not offer me the option to set up my items to be synced anywhere.

The problem began either when I flashed GrooveROM WM6.5 or when I tried GrooveROM 6.1 + Rhodium Touchflo. I have since flashed back to Mighty's ROM, which was working correctly before, but still no Activesync. I have also tried multiple hard resets and Juicy's ROM with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
Josh
Old 03-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Re: [3-20-09] grooveROM 4 WM 6.1 & 6.5 versions [Rhodium Manila, HD Manila & Manila f

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincij View Post
Hello all,

I am having a serious problem with syncing my Diamond after flashing a couple of these ROM's. Currently my XP laptop does connect using activesync (it says connected and the explore button on activesync works) but it does not offer me the option to set up my items to be synced anywhere.

The problem began either when I flashed GrooveROM WM6.5 or when I tried GrooveROM 6.1 + Rhodium Touchflo. I have since flashed back to Mighty's ROM, which was working correctly before, but still no Activesync. I have also tried multiple hard resets and Juicy's ROM with no luck.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this issue?

Thanks,
Josh
You should not flash to another custom rom. to fix the problem, flash the original oem shipped rom, then flash back to groove's rom, hard reset one more time. You will be able to sync again. anytime you leave a custom rom for another custom, you should consider doing this or you may end up with some minor problems that carry over flash to flash. It's not guaranteed though but if you do this, you will have your sync back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

carterisgod is keeping up the good workcarterisgod is keeping up the good work

really looking forward to Exchange working with 6.5!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:16 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

cincij is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
You should not flash to another custom rom. to fix the problem, flash the original oem shipped rom, then flash back to groove's rom, hard reset one more time. You will be able to sync again. anytime you leave a custom rom for another custom, you should consider doing this or you may end up with some minor problems that carry over flash to flash. It's not guaranteed though but if you do this, you will have your sync back.
Thanks for this.

One question...do I have to relock my Diamond before flashing the stock ROM?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2 optimized

rcrawfo2 is becoming a great contributor

Can come one try MSVC on grooverom 4 6.1.....Everything in that program works but incoming call announcement...It just beeps..Dosent announce call...Can aynone else confirm that?
Old 03-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterisgod View Post
really looking forward to Exchange working with 6.5!
Me too!! I would use 6.5 fulltime if this was accomplished. Of course it does work for the exchange 2007 users. but Groove's new 6.5 is amazing.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:23 AM
VIP n00b
Pocket PC: LG Fathom
Carrier: Verizon

da_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIPda_reeseboy is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks for this.

Nope. Just flash the stock one.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Thanks for this.

No you dont have to relock unless you are returning the device. The key here is to start from a clean slate. you should flash the shipped (not stock)rom which will reset your rom and radio to original status. then flash back to groove's 6.1 roms and I guarantee you will not have the same problems. I was not able to sync either in 6.5, but followed this method and have since flashed again with no issues. one last thing, if you assigned your email attachments to internal storage when you set up your account, you may want to delete this off of your internal storage. Once you establish active sync again, you can apply them to interal storage again.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

savage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuffsavage25rcracer knows their stuff

Groove here is a cool lil app i found. it allows you to run the wm6.5 s2u by just pressing the power button. kinda like the S2U2 app by ac *****you must enable it from settings then soft reset******
Attached Files
File Type: cab DeviceLock 1.1.CAB (68.4 KB, 1207 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by savage25rcracer; 03-21-2009 at 12:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 24 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:59 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by savage25rcracer View Post
Groove here is a cool lil app i found. it allows you to run the wm6.5 s2u by just pressing the power button. kinda like the S2U2 app by ac
i installed this and soft reset, no go.... didnt work

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development