PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2009, 01:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond Gadget ROM
Carrier: Sprint

lancem71 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Thanks for your quick response.

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:58 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment
Threadstarter

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work
Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Thank you.
Make sure to read the kitchen notes, if you plan to integrate the SYS in your kitchen.
Old 06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mnassoiy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
Quickly:

3. I'll look into the mark all read thing.
Thanks!!

Inda, You do know it's not June 2? Kinda cool we're flashing a ROM of the future!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnassoiy View Post
Thanks!!

Inda, You do know it's not June 2? Kinda cool we're flashing a ROM of the future!
I can sense a new tagline for Indagroove...

GrooveROM 5: The ROM of the Future!
Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

The Weez is a n00b
Unhappy Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Forgive me if these have already been addressed; there are SO many post and threads about WM6.5.

Here are some issues/problems I'm having with the build from 5/28:
  • I get a new SMS message and slide it up to the "texts" item on the home screen. This does not clear the "new message" indication and the led keeps blinking even though I can see and read the new message. I have to select "view" and then select the message, then read it and hit "OK" in the corner to make it go away. (I'm thinking WM6.5 is just supposed to work like this?)
  • In Messaging, the main button (the round one, not sure what it's called) will not select messages. In fact the up/down/left/right buttons don't do anything either. I have to do it all via the touch screen.
  • I tap on a message, it comes up with the cursor flashing in the input area but the keyboard is not up. I bring up the keyboard, cursor is still flashing in the input area. Keyboard is in T9 (as I have set by default). I press the first letter. It instantly comes up on the predictive text list, then just as quickly disappears as if I never hit the letter. So for EVERY message I have to hit the first letter twice because it ALWAYS does this. This used to happen to me on my Vogue which I always hated. It went away when I got the Diamond and now is back.
  • When I compose a message (SMS, picture, or email) and type in the To box a name, it comes up with a list of people from my address book and I select the one I want. But when I select it the To box is left with artifacts of the list that had popped up and should have cleared. I send the message and I get a message that it can't be delivered. I check the address/number and it says that I sent it to 1 or 5 or 7 or some other single digit. So the only way to send a message is to either reply or go to contacts and start a message from there. I CANNOT send a message to multiple people or forward a message because of this problem.
I followed indagroove's instructions for installation. (Well, actually first I didnt' had the problems, then went back and tried again.) Did clear storage, flashed to the shipped Sprint rom, flashed to grooverom5, then did it all again, with several hard resets in between for good measure. No change.

I cannot tolerate a couple of these problems so I may have to go back to WM6.1. I have not tried any of the other 6.5 roms so I don't know if they have the same problems for me.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:55 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

I'm still back on a ROM I made from the 21725 kitchen but I just noticed something cool. The scroll wheel will now scroll up and down through Titanium. It wasn't working on previous builds. I'm easily entertained.

Old 06-01-2009, 03:58 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
Forgive me if these have already been addressed; there are SO many post and threads about WM6.5.

Here are some issues/problems I'm having with the build from 5/28:
  • I get a new SMS message and slide it up to the "texts" item on the home screen. This does not clear the "new message" indication and the led keeps blinking even though I can see and read the new message. I have to select "view" and then select the message, then read it and hit "OK" in the corner to make it go away. (I'm thinking WM6.5 is just supposed to work like this?)
  • In Messaging, the main button (the round one, not sure what it's called) will not select messages. In fact the up/down/left/right buttons don't do anything either. I have to do it all via the touch screen.
  • I tap on a message, it comes up with the cursor flashing in the input area but the keyboard is not up. I bring up the keyboard, cursor is still flashing in the input area. Keyboard is in T9 (as I have set by default). I press the first letter. It instantly comes up on the predictive text list, then just as quickly disappears as if I never hit the letter. So for EVERY message I have to hit the first letter twice because it ALWAYS does this. This used to happen to me on my Vogue which I always hated. It went away when I got the Diamond and now is back.
  • When I compose a message (SMS, picture, or email) and type in the To box a name, it comes up with a list of people from my address book and I select the one I want. But when I select it the To box is left with artifacts of the list that had popped up and should have cleared. I send the message and I get a message that it can't be delivered. I check the address/number and it says that I sent it to 1 or 5 or 7 or some other single digit. So the only way to send a message is to either reply or go to contacts and start a message from there. I CANNOT send a message to multiple people or forward a message because of this problem.
I followed indagroove's instructions for installation. (Well, actually first I didnt' had the problems, then went back and tried again.) Did clear storage, flashed to the shipped Sprint rom, flashed to grooverom5, then did it all again, with several hard resets in between for good measure. No change.

I cannot tolerate a couple of these problems so I may have to go back to WM6.1. I have not tried any of the other 6.5 roms so I don't know if they have the same problems for me.

The first two issues are simply the way things are working right now. They'll get fixed.
The third one is one I find annoying as well, but there is an easy fix. Tap on To: and select your name from your contacts list. It's just one extra tap and saves a lot of aggravation.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

corey52 is just getting started

I just found a rather annoying bug that I never had with GR4. While I'm on the phone with it charging it stops charging after about 15 minutes. Then even after I get off the phone it doesn't charge unless I soft-reset. It could be a bug with Battery monitor or the Rom. Not really sure which one. Can someone test this out sometime and see if I'm the only person with this problem?

P.S

I know that you shouldn't charge your phone while talking on it. But I've never had this problem before. And I went back to shipped Rom to see if it was simply an hardware issue but it charged fine while talking.

Anyone know what's wrong?

Thanks.

I Do not follow where the path may lead. Instead I go where there is no path and leave a trail.
Old 06-01-2009, 04:36 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weez View Post
[*]When I compose a message (SMS, picture, or email) and type in the To box a name, it comes up with a list of people from my address book and I select the one I want. But when I select it the To box is left with artifacts of the list that had popped up and should have cleared. I send the message and I get a message that it can't be delivered. I check the address/number and it says that I sent it to 1 or 5 or 7 or some other single digit. So the only way to send a message is to either reply or go to contacts and start a message from there. I CANNOT send a message to multiple people or forward a message because of this problem.[/LIST]I followed indagroove's instructions for installation. (Well, actually first I didnt' had the problems, then went back and tried again.) Did clear storage, flashed to the shipped Sprint rom, flashed to grooverom5, then did it all again, with several hard resets in between for good measure. No change.

To fix this issue here is the link to the registry edit..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...59601&page=103 Post #1022

And ur good!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

How are you charging? Do you get the same behavior regardless if you are using the normal charger, car charger, usb cable from computer etc..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development