View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 03:47 PM
The Weez
PPCGeeks Regular

The Weez is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Re: [060209] grooveROM 5 - CE OS 5.2.21728 (Build 21728.5.0.2) - [ROM and Kitchen]

Forgive me if these have already been addressed; there are SO many post and threads about WM6.5.

Here are some issues/problems I'm having with the build from 5/28:
  • I get a new SMS message and slide it up to the "texts" item on the home screen. This does not clear the "new message" indication and the led keeps blinking even though I can see and read the new message. I have to select "view" and then select the message, then read it and hit "OK" in the corner to make it go away. (I'm thinking WM6.5 is just supposed to work like this?)
  • In Messaging, the main button (the round one, not sure what it's called) will not select messages. In fact the up/down/left/right buttons don't do anything either. I have to do it all via the touch screen.
  • I tap on a message, it comes up with the cursor flashing in the input area but the keyboard is not up. I bring up the keyboard, cursor is still flashing in the input area. Keyboard is in T9 (as I have set by default). I press the first letter. It instantly comes up on the predictive text list, then just as quickly disappears as if I never hit the letter. So for EVERY message I have to hit the first letter twice because it ALWAYS does this. This used to happen to me on my Vogue which I always hated. It went away when I got the Diamond and now is back.
  • When I compose a message (SMS, picture, or email) and type in the To box a name, it comes up with a list of people from my address book and I select the one I want. But when I select it the To box is left with artifacts of the list that had popped up and should have cleared. I send the message and I get a message that it can't be delivered. I check the address/number and it says that I sent it to 1 or 5 or 7 or some other single digit. So the only way to send a message is to either reply or go to contacts and start a message from there. I CANNOT send a message to multiple people or forward a message because of this problem.
I followed indagroove's instructions for installation. (Well, actually first I didnt' had the problems, then went back and tried again.) Did clear storage, flashed to the shipped Sprint rom, flashed to grooverom5, then did it all again, with several hard resets in between for good measure. No change.

I cannot tolerate a couple of these problems so I may have to go back to WM6.1. I have not tried any of the other 6.5 roms so I don't know if they have the same problems for me.