PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

anthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good workanthony67 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: grooveROM 4 [Sprint] WM 6.1 and 6.5 versions [HD Manila & Manila free]

I just installed 6.5 Manilla free and so far I like it.....runs smooth and everything seems to be ok so far. I'm going to put it through the paces, install all my stuff and see how it handles it. Thanks Groove!!!!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Here is the list of Prl as well so you can check whether your prl is up to date. the list with 60650 (EvDO w/ Data Triangle) is the one that applies to the Sprint Diamond. Funny thing is 60651 isn't showing yet but I was able to update to this prl a couple days ago. Hope this helps

http://corolada.com/prl/

Also, Here is the thread that explains how to update your prl manually (thanks pierocksmysocks), plus he has posted the 60650 update from december 08. That way you dont have to rely on update prl being setup on the rom you are using which is nice. I haven't seen 60651 posted yet but once it is you can update it again. good luck!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47435

update, one more thing, if you have trouble finding your msl number which is part of the steps to manually install prls, here is a thread discussing how to get this code. Thanks Baffles for this one!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=baf+msl

Last edited by Riley; 03-14-2009 at 01:25 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:02 PM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
does anyone know how to change the theme of this HD rom?? I would like the telus stock or verizon stock, but the cabs from calcu screw the phone up, and fatboys themes over in the HD thread cause the clock to be stuck at 0:00, any answers?
Hey Pask,

did you try flashing the manilla free rom and then installing the tf3d of your choice. This probably will work better although I could be wrong. good luck.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Here is the list of Prl as well so you can check whether your prl is up to date. the list with 60650 (EvDO w/ Data Triangle) is the one that applies to the Sprint Diamond. Funny thing is 60651 isn't showing yet but I was able to update to this prl a couple days ago. Hope this helps

http://corolada.com/prl/

Also, Here is the thread that explains how to update your prl manually (thanks pierocksmysocks), plus he has posted the 60650 update from december 08. That way you dont have to rely on update prl being setup on the rom you are using which is nice. I haven't seen 60651 posted yet but once it is you can update it again. good luck!

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=47435
thanks dude.
you have been very helpful today.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:09 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by siptang1227 View Post
thanks dude.
you have been very helpful today.
no problem. good luck with the update. plus I just added instructions on how to grab your msl code in case you guys dont know it. I memorized mine since I constantly updating prls due to my flashing addiction

Last edited by Riley; 03-14-2009 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 PM
Lovin some Droid!!!!
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

Reef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPReef48 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Reef48

Groove great 6.1 Rom bro! I was going to hold off flashing untill the new Manila was released, but im glad i didn't. Super fast!

Last edited by Reef48; 03-14-2009 at 06:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Do Not Use This Rom Urgent Read!

I noticed my data connection was connecting on its own all the time. Direct push was disabled. I could see the arrows moving so knew it was doing some sort of internet activity. I disabled all my connection info and connected the wifi and gave it one of my 254 static ip's assigned to my company which is an isp www.dwstechnologies.biz

On the wireless router I began to see activity and the phone was the only thing connected to it. On my cisco router I enabled traffic monitoring and even used etherreal which is a packet sniffer.

The phone is transfering all my exchange informationm, email, notes, tasks and contact information to an IP address in Virginia. A www.dnsstuff.com lookup shows that address belonging to a cable suscriber.

Now im not sure if groove built somthing into this rom he got from some place or if because its wm6.5 Microsoft is doing some data mining.

Im glad I was only pulling the first day of emails to my phone and not everything on my exchange server.

I have contacted my company attorney and I will be bringing charges against the user who was assigned that ip address in Virginia at the time my information was being sent if I find that any sensitive information went out. I am going through the firewall logs today.

Last edited by dcperdue; 03-14-2009 at 01:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 01:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO, Blackberry Style
Carrier: Sprint

MrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuffMrChainsaw knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by archtech3d View Post
The PRL is basically a list of updated tower information. I forget exactly what it stands for, but it allows your phone to detect new changes in tower locations, therefore giving you better service.
Preferred Roaming List. I think. Pretty Sure. Haha
Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChainsaw View Post
Preferred Roaming List. I think. Pretty Sure. Haha
You are correct Prefered Roaming List.

If your having problems with acronyms wiki it :P
Old 03-14-2009, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND & A PRO NOW TOO!!
Carrier: SPRINT

SPRINTPDAGUY is just getting started

For people that are worried about a RPL update, there is nothing that special about it. PRL stand for perferred roaming list. All a PRL update does is update you phone with new roaming towers available to your specfic carrier.

PRl really does nothing at all, unless you live in an area with lots of roaming.

Updating your radio would have a better effect with coverage issues, not a PRL update.

SPRINT HTC DIAMOND & pro w/ different ROMS each day because they are all to addicting...
STOCK RADIO!
SPRINT PAYS FOR MY BILL HAH HAH HA

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development