Old 03-14-2009, 01:47 PM
dcperdue
PPCGeeks Regular

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue
Do Not Use This Rom Urgent Read!

I noticed my data connection was connecting on its own all the time. Direct push was disabled. I could see the arrows moving so knew it was doing some sort of internet activity. I disabled all my connection info and connected the wifi and gave it one of my 254 static ip's assigned to my company which is an isp www.dwstechnologies.biz

On the wireless router I began to see activity and the phone was the only thing connected to it. On my cisco router I enabled traffic monitoring and even used etherreal which is a packet sniffer.

The phone is transfering all my exchange informationm, email, notes, tasks and contact information to an IP address in Virginia. A www.dnsstuff.com lookup shows that address belonging to a cable suscriber.

Now im not sure if groove built somthing into this rom he got from some place or if because its wm6.5 Microsoft is doing some data mining.

Im glad I was only pulling the first day of emails to my phone and not everything on my exchange server.

I have contacted my company attorney and I will be bringing charges against the user who was assigned that ip address in Virginia at the time my information was being sent if I find that any sensitive information went out. I am going through the firewall logs today.

Last edited by dcperdue; 03-14-2009 at 01:51 PM.