PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2009, 02:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ActiveSync Issues!!!!

I haven't been hit by this but it makes sense that this is simply a driver issue. Try connecting your phone and let the OS do whatever detection process it wants to go through. Then go into Device Manager and find the devices that the phone installs (keep an eye out for them when you plug in the phone) and uinstall all these drivers entirely. Restart and plug your phone back in after rebooting with a live internet connection. Should connect automatically to Windows Update and download what is necesarry. Its worked like that in Vista and Windows 7 for me, when I connected my phone for the first time in Windows 7 I pulled up the status info of the driver installation process that pops up in the notification area and it was clearly detecting and downloading everything it needed on its own.

If you want to get really technical, take note of these drivers before uninstalling and look for the DLL's in the dllcache folder in C:\Windows\System32 and after uinstalling from device manager go into safe mode and look for the DLLs and remove them manually as to prevent the OS from just going into the local cache to install drivers for the phone, forcing the OS to go search to Windows Update like it should.
Old 02-11-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: MTS
Threadstarter

jbarns is becoming a great contributor

so it seems to be a vista problem, I'm at work now and running a vm with XP on it and downloaded active sync and it connected no problem.

-Edit-

I had put the Mighty rom on it and forgot to disable the advanced networking again in activesync. The computer see the phone under mobile devices as a PDA and I uninstalled the driver and rebooted, it just installed the same driver as before. I'll keep working on it when time arrives.

Last edited by jbarns; 02-11-2009 at 05:19 PM.
Old 02-11-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

cado33055 is just getting started

Why dont use just put you phone in bootloader mode and connect the phone via usb. IF it is a cord issue or issue with the connection it wont say usb it will continue to say serial. Most times with me resting my device, restarting the cpu, and unchecking the box to enable faster data sync

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development