PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2009, 04:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

blackbird69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: RSTG Custom Rom - "The Exception to the Rule Rom" v2.7.35 Updated 3/21/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
Hi, RSTG doesnt protect his roms so you probably will have no problem placing a newer version overtop the cooked one. Good luck.

Rep added!
Old 03-26-2009, 04:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

blackbird69 is just getting started
Re: RSTG Custom Rom - "The Exception to the Rule Rom" v2.7.35 Updated 3/21/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
Protection is a no no... Heck I even have a link to my Kitchen's OEM directory in the first post. Its a hidden small 1 character link so ya gotta look for it. And I think I tried a couple versions and found this one to be my choice.
This version and newer version ported from the palm phone works very well!
Old 03-26-2009, 05:05 AM
Lurker

vgchiang is a n00b
Re: .RSTG Custom Sprint Rom - TF3D Tweaked & Loaded - v2.7.35 Updated 3/21/09

is it just me, or landscape mode makes the entire phone crazy laggy.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

iTEK is just getting started

I left the phone charging on my laptop overnight, and when I unplugged it today, it froze, acting like it was still charging. Had to reset it to get it to work. Don't know if that's a ROM thing or not, just reporting...

Also, anyone else notice how easy it is to accidentally erase all your SMS messages when going to reply? I thought it froze up, because it took so long, but they were all gone when it finally came back to life. I restored all but the last few days worth from my last backup, but still, maybe a pop-up menu, or at least a menu tab like tools so you have to push it twice? Just a thought...

edit: Doesn't Clear "SMS / MMS" in the Tools button do the same thing?

Last edited by iTEK; 03-26-2009 at 02:52 PM.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC CDMA Diamond

jjairal is keeping up the good workjjairal is keeping up the good work

hey rs was wondering i had tried mystery rom and i saw that when u set a picture to be the backround for the today screen menu that drops down u can adjust the opacity. u can add the image to the menue on your rom but it looks very washed out. Would be nice to see if u can get the opacity option there.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b

Hiyah,

Does anyone know where the original theme is located? i changed my theme via the Diamond TF3d Tweak but the new theme doesn't have half the weather cities (and extra tabs) that the ROM's originally came with.
Old 03-26-2009, 04:48 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile
Threadstarter

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayfu View Post
Hiyah,

Does anyone know where the original theme is located? i changed my theme via the Diamond TF3d Tweak but the new theme doesn't have half the weather cities (and extra tabs) that the ROM's originally came with.
[THEME] [1.31.09] MobileMatt FuzeBerry TF3D Skin v7.5CFC w/ HD Contacts Tab

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-26-2009, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

iTEK is just getting started

When I view a picture, and open the last Tab on the right, there is a blank space between Upload to Facebook and Properties. I realized it isn't a space, it opens Footprints. Is this normal?
Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

stravy is becoming a great contributor

RSTG thanks for the great ROM. Let freedom ring!!! This was my first ROM flash and I am loving this ROM. Very smooth and packed with great apps and the GPS is almost instaneous. WOW!!! Why did I wait so so so long to do this? Someone smack me now for being an idiot.

So far with the limited use I have only noticed a couple quarky things but nothing to make me say nay nay.

1) the keyboard has flaked out a couple of times while typing a text message. By flaked out I mean when I push the letter and release it locks up for a second and stays highlighted like some other system process is bogging the mem.
2) some of the soft buttons at the bottom of some of the apps/games do not show all the available buttons. They are still there but they are blacked out and only show up when I push them.
3) Battery drain is a little more than I expected but what I noticed from my 2 previous diamonds (had to take 2 back for various reasons over the last 6 months) is that it took a few days for the meter to even out. I know you all are saying, dude you are crazy it was just because you were playing with it alot those first few days. I would agree but my second diamond (2 months ago) did the same thing. It drained the battery real fast then normalized after a few days.

Not sure this should be posted here but wanted to share my experience. My experience was not trouble free. I followed the instructions from the sticky thread regarding flashing. It recommends if you have been using your phone then it would be wise to perform a hard reset before unlocking. I did, and chose clear storage and format internal storage and some error came up about the internal storage but the phone reset and I was back to a fresh stock ROM. I unlocked the phone as per the instructions in that same thread. No problems...couple minutes max....phone unlocked. I downloaded v2.7.35 and it installed no problems. I opened up total commander and couldn't find my internal storage. So, i did some searching through the threads and found there was a hotfix by htc to fix this problem. I downloaded the hotfix but when I ran it on the phone it said it was the incorrect version. So, I did some more searching in the threads and RSTG suggested formatting in the dos prompt. It took a few minutes but after a soft reset there it was "internal storage". I performed another hard reset just incase there was something that supposed to be installed on the internal storage but couldnt because it was not recognizable. I later found a few threads that said you do not need to format the internal storage if you want to flash your ROM. Just wish I had seen those before I started. But, you live, you learn....just hope you don't brick it.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post but just wanted to share. Thanks again RSTG for the ROM.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

clayfu is a n00b

thanks =)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development