View Single Post
Old 03-26-2009, 06:51 PM
stravy
PPCGeeks Regular

stravy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: .RSTG Custom Sprint Rom - TF3D Tweaked & Loaded - v2.7.35 Updated 3/21/09

RSTG thanks for the great ROM. Let freedom ring!!! This was my first ROM flash and I am loving this ROM. Very smooth and packed with great apps and the GPS is almost instaneous. WOW!!! Why did I wait so so so long to do this? Someone smack me now for being an idiot.

So far with the limited use I have only noticed a couple quarky things but nothing to make me say nay nay.

1) the keyboard has flaked out a couple of times while typing a text message. By flaked out I mean when I push the letter and release it locks up for a second and stays highlighted like some other system process is bogging the mem.
2) some of the soft buttons at the bottom of some of the apps/games do not show all the available buttons. They are still there but they are blacked out and only show up when I push them.
3) Battery drain is a little more than I expected but what I noticed from my 2 previous diamonds (had to take 2 back for various reasons over the last 6 months) is that it took a few days for the meter to even out. I know you all are saying, dude you are crazy it was just because you were playing with it alot those first few days. I would agree but my second diamond (2 months ago) did the same thing. It drained the battery real fast then normalized after a few days.

Not sure this should be posted here but wanted to share my experience. My experience was not trouble free. I followed the instructions from the sticky thread regarding flashing. It recommends if you have been using your phone then it would be wise to perform a hard reset before unlocking. I did, and chose clear storage and format internal storage and some error came up about the internal storage but the phone reset and I was back to a fresh stock ROM. I unlocked the phone as per the instructions in that same thread. No problems...couple minutes max....phone unlocked. I downloaded v2.7.35 and it installed no problems. I opened up total commander and couldn't find my internal storage. So, i did some searching through the threads and found there was a hotfix by htc to fix this problem. I downloaded the hotfix but when I ran it on the phone it said it was the incorrect version. So, I did some more searching in the threads and RSTG suggested formatting in the dos prompt. It took a few minutes but after a soft reset there it was "internal storage". I performed another hard reset just incase there was something that supposed to be installed on the internal storage but couldnt because it was not recognizable. I later found a few threads that said you do not need to format the internal storage if you want to flash your ROM. Just wish I had seen those before I started. But, you live, you learn....just hope you don't brick it.

Anyway, sorry for such a long post but just wanted to share. Thanks again RSTG for the ROM.