PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē
Carrier: Sprint

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

It SprintTV. While I do enjoy it I hardle EVER have had smooth sync'd video.
Not even on my Q9c, It plays about the same on custome ROMs, whe it's supported, as it does on my Q9c.
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 11-14-2008, 03:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Anytime I've had an audio sync problem it's usually attributed to my signal. Which is why I'm wondering if you have tried the stock Sprint rom with the verizon radio you're running. I've heard that the Verizon radio while better on battery and heat isn't as efficient with the internet.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
It SprintTV. While I do enjoy it I hardle EVER have had smooth sync'd video.
Not even on my Q9c, It plays about the same on custome ROMs, whe it's supported, as it does on my Q9c.
Last night, I went back and forth between the stock ROM and custom ROMs while watching the Jets game on the Q9c.

Every single time, the stock ROM ran great in portrait and landscape. And every single time, the custom ROMs were laggy and had sync issues in portrait and moved at half speed in landscape.

It's not Sprint TV and it's not the phone itself.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:50 PM
Almost a VIP

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Jonny it might help to know which roms you've tried. I'm assuming Juggalo's new beta roms should work similarly to the kitchen I got from Tobey. So you may want to try his Sprint version out.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:54 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
In every ROM I try, Sprint TV sucks. In portrait mode, audio and video are never synced. In full-screen mode, the video moves at half speed and skips handfuls of frames every couple of seconds to catch up. It's totally unwatchable.

But on the stock Sprint ROM, TV works beautifully.

Anyone know why this is? Is there any fix?

mine works fine.....maybe cuz it's based on the stock sprint rom...
Old 11-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Definitely, more info is needed. Jejejeje you sound like one of my non-technically-inclined customers who come up to me like: NO!! The server crashed because of such and such and I want you to fix it NOW!!!

I come back in exactly 2 minutes: "Sir the person that cleaned around the server rack yesterday accidentally broke the pin from one of the LAN cables, I just replaced the tip with a new one, everything is fine, the server never crashed and I regret that such a simple problem has cause such a large impact to your organization."

Rinse, repeat and make sure the next time the a**hole that cleans the racks is more careful.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 04:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post
Definitely, more info is needed. Jejejeje you sound like one of my non-technically-inclined customers who come up to me like: NO!! The server crashed because of such and such and I want you to fix it NOW!!!

I come back in exactly 2 minutes: "Sir the person that cleaned around the server rack yesterday accidentally broke the pin from one of the LAN cables, I just replaced the tip with a new one, everything is fine, the server never crashed and I regret that such a simple problem has cause such a large impact to your organization."

Rinse, repeat and make sure the next time the a**hole that cleans the racks is more careful.
i once had a business thats backups would fail every wendsday on there server.

couldn't figure out why. until i went in on a Wednesday night and watched the cleaning lady attack they server keyboard with cleaner and her rag. started mashing the buttons.... talk about a 6 month pain in my arse.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Threadstarter

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nttdemented View Post

I'm a Cisco, Sun, Microsoft, and Lotus certified network admin
Old 11-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I agree that Sprint Tv is not ideal, but it is one of the main things I use regularly. However, the performance is definitely weak on the Stock rom. I watched the NFL Network game for a bit last night but it was very choppy. The other channels work much better. I agree with the previous sentiment. If you value Sprint Tv, stay on the Stock rom for now. That is what I am doing most of the time. Being that it's including in the everything plan, I am not complaining and I bet they improve it in the next rom release.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:54 AM
Almost a VIP

ivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on repivan1.ruiz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I cooked a rom and sprint tv works fine with no lag but then again i believe is all about signal.

If I've helped you please remember to
click "THANKS" or click the button. Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development