PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44811)

jonnythan 11-14-2008 12:43 PM

Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

In every ROM I try, Sprint TV sucks. In portrait mode, audio and video are never synced. In full-screen mode, the video moves at half speed and skips handfuls of frames every couple of seconds to catch up. It's totally unwatchable.

But on the stock Sprint ROM, TV works beautifully.

Anyone know why this is? Is there any fix?

Donatom3 11-14-2008 02:09 PM

Re: Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

See this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43502

I built, a rom using TC's kitchen in the sticky using the new 20757 sys, and sprint tv works fine for me.

ilkevinli 11-14-2008 02:30 PM

Why don't you just use the stock Sprint rom ?

jonnythan 11-14-2008 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ilkevinli (Post 519268)
Why don't you just use the stock Sprint rom ?

Bugs, battery life, slow, etc.

Mr. X 11-14-2008 02:35 PM

sprint tv suck ballz to get working on custom roms. have some appreciation that it works at all its not easy task. its a pain in the arse.

violent31601 11-14-2008 02:36 PM

Sprint TV sucks period!

jonnythan 11-14-2008 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 519290)
sprint tv suck ballz to get working on custom roms. have some appreciation that it works at all its not easy task. its a pain in the arse.

I certainly have a lot of appreciation for all the work these guys do. But I love Sprint TV and it frustrates me to no end that it works perfectly (good enough to enjoyable watch an NFL game!) on an old Moto Q9c but sucks on my Diamond.

Appreciation is nice and all, but, since it seems to work well on the stock ROM, it seems that a fix should be possible.

Donatom3 11-14-2008 02:40 PM

Like I've been saying, with the kitchen I made using TC's 20757 sys, I've had no problem with Sprint TV. Of course I didn't use it much before. But I just tried it 10 minutes ago with the NFL network and had no problem.

Mr. X 11-14-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnythan (Post 519302)
I certainly have a lot of appreciation for all the work these guys do. But I love Sprint TV and it frustrates me to no end that it works perfectly (good enough to enjoyable watch an NFL game!) on an old Moto Q9c but sucks on my Diamond.

Appreciation is nice and all, but, since it seems to work well on the stock ROM, it seems that a fix should be possible.

well seeing as sprint tv broadcasts in 240x320 and the diamond is 480x640 no wonder it looks like crap on the diamond and not the moto Qc. the stock rom must look like crap too because all the cooks have done is rip out the sprint tv stuff from the stock ro mand cook it into a new one...

jonnythan 11-14-2008 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 519317)
well seeing as sprint tv broadcasts in 240x320 and the diamond is 480x640 no wonder it looks like crap on the diamond and not the moto Qc. the stock rom must look like crap too because all the cooks have done is rip out the sprint tv stuff from the stock ro mand cook it into a new one...

It has nothing to do with the resolution differences.

Upscaling artifacts do not - or, at least, should not - make the audio lag the video, or make the video move at half speed.

Besides, my Diamond has the same screen resolution whether running Juicy or the stock ROM. I assume yours does too.

Please, if you're not going to be helpful, and claim that I'm a liar, just please stay out of the thread. Thanks.