PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   CDMA Diamond Development (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44811)

Juicy47 11-15-2008 03:28 PM

Re: Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

Quote:

Originally Posted by tobeychris (Post 521318)
Close this now.

+1 mods, close this thread

jonnythan 11-15-2008 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 521301)
i love how you have to audacity to complain about my work and or others but have not lifted a single finger or looked at a single byte to help figure out why the stock rom works better then the cooked ones.

Dude, I'm not complaining about your work. I'm trying to highlight a problem - that SprintTV is demonstratably worse in every custom ROM I've tried than it is in the stock ROM. That's all. It's not a personal insult to you, so don't take it personally.

Quote:

start bucking up guys and offer a little bit more then complaining and crying or im done with it. im a telus user i dont have sprint tv all i have to work off is the sprint users feed back and yours is less then helpful like most...

I've offered in another thread (not your thread, because I hadn't tried your ROM before I started this thread) to do any testing or investigation needed for ROM makers to get to the bottom of this. I'm capable of cooking my own ROMs, but I have zero experience with it right now.

I might get into it, but it would take me weeks or months just to catch up to where guys like you and Juicy are right now.

I thought that by creating a thread about the problem and bringing it to light, we (myself and whatever other more experienced people were interested) might be able to figure it out somehow. I figured that if anyone isn't interested or doesn't care about SprintTV or its problems on custom ROMs that they'd just stay out of the thread.

Again, I'm willing to help out however I can. If you don't care about the issue, just leave it. I'm not personally attacking you or any ROM maker. I greatly, greatly appreciate the ROMs.

Quote:

and for the record. the only thing that seems to lag is sprint tv. or so im told. so how do you expect me to test that./

I never asked you to test that. I never asked you for anything at all, as a matter of fact. I'm more than happy to do any testing.

This isn't about you. Don't take it personally. I'm trying to highlight a problem. If you don't care or have zero interest in helping fix it, that's fine.

ivan1.ruiz 11-15-2008 03:32 PM

Quote:

now close the thread. PLZ
Amen to that my brotha

Mr. X 11-15-2008 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnythan (Post 521324)
Dude, I'm not complaining about your work. I'm trying to highlight a problem - that SprintTV is demonstratably worse in every custom ROM I've tried than it is in the stock ROM. That's all. It's not a personal insult to you, so don't take it personally.

im not like i said i don't care if any one likes y rom or not. i take personally when people put words in my mouth or accuse me of something i didn't do, such as tell you u were wrong, and call u a liar (initially)

i would have been more inclined ot return and offer help if you had not done this.

now seeing as this thread has acomplished nothing but ruffling feathers. its time to close it.

jonnythan 11-15-2008 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 521334)
now seeing as this thread has acomplished nothing but ruffling feathers. its time to close it.

I agree. It's a shame that it has accomplished nothing, though.

Mr. X 11-15-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnythan (Post 521336)
I agree. It's a shame that it has accomplished nothing, though.

you expected it to though? honest question.... even the thread title started this whole thread off on the wrong foot. and the fact that you didnt actually test all custom roms available.

Ivan's is 100% working... go figure it was cooked by a sprint user. i suggest you try his.

Dreading 11-15-2008 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 521339)
you expected it to though? honest question.... even the thread title started this whole thread off on the wrong foot. and the fact that you didnt actually test all custom roms available.

I agree - when people use terms like that something "sucks" or that they are "tired" of having to flash all the time, it really puts the cooks, and even more often their fans on the defensive. It starts a fight, and often those of us that were just trying to provide helpful feedback in more appreciative terms get caught up in it and sometimes get lumped with the complainers.

So, users please remember that you have a choice of ROMS and you may need to decide what works best for you and your priorities. As hard as these guys work, technology always has limitations and there may never be an all around perfect ROM. If you want to offer some criticism, remember that forums do not allow people to see your facial expression, hear your tone, etc. Therefore, word choice becomes VERY important. Also, remember to acknowledge what is working well and thank them for their hardwork.

And cooks and fans, please try not to lump all of us that try to provide constructive feedback in with the folks that are a little less than sensitive in their presentations.

NinjaMom 11-15-2008 04:34 PM

I am closing this thread. When I get on my laptop I will be issuing infractions for all of you who got carried away and decided to ignore the no cussing rule.

For future reference, not everyone is going to like you work. That is life. You just gotta deal with it.

And for those with issues , if you can't find something that works for you.... Whining will get you nowhere . Do something about it.