PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

In every ROM I try, Sprint TV sucks. In portrait mode, audio and video are never synced. In full-screen mode, the video moves at half speed and skips handfuls of frames every couple of seconds to catch up. It's totally unwatchable.

But on the stock Sprint ROM, TV works beautifully.

Anyone know why this is? Is there any fix?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3
Re: Sprint TV sucks in custom ROMs

See this

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43502

I built, a rom using TC's kitchen in the sticky using the new 20757 sys, and sprint tv works fine for me.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regularilkevinli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Why don't you just use the stock Sprint rom ?
Old 11-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilkevinli View Post
Why don't you just use the stock Sprint rom ?
Bugs, battery life, slow, etc.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:35 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

sprint tv suck ballz to get working on custom roms. have some appreciation that it works at all its not easy task. its a pain in the arse.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sprint TV sucks period!
Old 11-14-2008, 02:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
sprint tv suck ballz to get working on custom roms. have some appreciation that it works at all its not easy task. its a pain in the arse.
I certainly have a lot of appreciation for all the work these guys do. But I love Sprint TV and it frustrates me to no end that it works perfectly (good enough to enjoyable watch an NFL game!) on an old Moto Q9c but sucks on my Diamond.

Appreciation is nice and all, but, since it seems to work well on the stock ROM, it seems that a fix should be possible.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Donatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularDonatom3 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Donatom3 Send a message via MSN to Donatom3 Send a message via Yahoo to Donatom3

Like I've been saying, with the kitchen I made using TC's 20757 sys, I've had no problem with Sprint TV. Of course I didn't use it much before. But I just tried it 10 minutes ago with the NFL network and had no problem.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
I certainly have a lot of appreciation for all the work these guys do. But I love Sprint TV and it frustrates me to no end that it works perfectly (good enough to enjoyable watch an NFL game!) on an old Moto Q9c but sucks on my Diamond.

Appreciation is nice and all, but, since it seems to work well on the stock ROM, it seems that a fix should be possible.
well seeing as sprint tv broadcasts in 240x320 and the diamond is 480x640 no wonder it looks like crap on the diamond and not the moto Qc. the stock rom must look like crap too because all the cooks have done is rip out the sprint tv stuff from the stock ro mand cook it into a new one...
Old 11-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
well seeing as sprint tv broadcasts in 240x320 and the diamond is 480x640 no wonder it looks like crap on the diamond and not the moto Qc. the stock rom must look like crap too because all the cooks have done is rip out the sprint tv stuff from the stock ro mand cook it into a new one...
It has nothing to do with the resolution differences.

Upscaling artifacts do not - or, at least, should not - make the audio lag the video, or make the video move at half speed.

Besides, my Diamond has the same screen resolution whether running Juicy or the stock ROM. I assume yours does too.

Please, if you're not going to be helpful, and claim that I'm a liar, just please stay out of the thread. Thanks.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development