PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2009, 09:11 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin05 View Post
I unchecked the 3 row sms input in the VK and now I have no issues with the text freeze, calk's build 23414
Tried it - didn't work for me. Can you post your packages.txt files, and I'll try a build with the same options you used? Thanks.

I sent one text message from manilla, then exited the text messaging app, then it froze. (On prior attempts and builds, didn't matter whether I launched it from manilla or windows.)

Last edited by willysp; 09-27-2009 at 10:13 AM.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: MTS

colin05 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Tried it - didn't work for me. Can you post your packages.txt files, and I'll try a build with the same options you used? Thanks.

I sent one text message from manilla, then exited the text messaging app, then it froze. (On prior attempts and builds, didn't matter whether I launched it from manilla or windows.)

(Puzzled at no response from the chef so far on this; maybe I've missed it)
Try clicking all the all messages button then menu and then new
Old 09-26-2009, 09:26 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post

(Puzzled at no response from the chef so far on this; maybe I've missed it)
yep same thing. completely froze on me was able to power off this time without pulling the battery though. does anyone have any recommendations of another app to use? not a big texter but figured I would ask.

Edit: just downloaded Twiddle. it seems to be working so far. here's the link:http://www.boxwave.com/software/twiddle/index.htm

for now I decided to remove the text message tab in touchflo and use this twiddle app. no lockups yet but not as nice

Last edited by Riley; 09-26-2009 at 09:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2009, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

bbeck is a n00b
Question Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Why can't I dl any of Calkulin's links at mediafire? every time I try i get this same dialog box:
"Do you want to save this file of find a program online to open it?"
Old 09-26-2009, 09:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbeck View Post
Why can't I dl any of Calkulin's links at mediafire? every time I try i get this same dialog box:

its working for me. I'm using firefox. maybe just save the file and it will download to your desktop.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:12 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Mediafire is being a bit flaky right now - keep trying.
Old 09-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bbeck is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [ 9-24 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

thanks guys but after saving it, I can't open it. I've probably downloaded 30 or more ROMs so not sure what's happening all of a sudden. The icon doesn't even look right. I keep getting that generic icon you get for files that aren't recognized, not the normal one. Thx again..I'll keep trying
Old 09-26-2009, 11:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
yep same thing. completely froze on me was able to power off this time without pulling the battery though. does anyone have any recommendations of another app to use? not a big texter but figured I would ask.

Edit: just downloaded Twiddle. it seems to be working so far. here's the link:http://www.boxwave.com/software/twiddle/index.htm

for now I decided to remove the text message tab in touchflo and use this twiddle app. no lockups yet but not as nice
I originally had the hang problem (txt msg) with 23414 when it came out a few days back. Ever since then, my txting works fine, even after 50 txt msgs. I even rebooted many times, and seems to work OK now. Because 23414 has eveything I need, I plan to stick with it. (will resort to Twiddle if needed)
Old 09-26-2009, 11:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

LowRez is a n00b

Hi. I've cooked several 23053 roms with the latest kitchen and have not been able to get the my location feature in the weather tab to work. Anyone else having problems with this? The only changes to the kitchen I have made is adding the NeoS2007 Driver pack 3 graphics driver.

Sprint tv is another app I have not been able to get working. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

P.S. Love the switch to the VK. Everything is so much easier.

Last edited by LowRez; 09-27-2009 at 01:18 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc snap ceda100 s510
Carrier: Telus

Jadall is just getting started

To solve this open file with this program found here.
http://www.7-zip.org/

I guess zip and winrar don't support 7 zip archives. Another tip from someone that kept extracting .cab extentions with winrar you can go into tools folder options in windows explorer and uncheck the known file types so you can see the file extention. I also told winrar not to notice .cab files in its settings that way I know cab files go on the phone to install.

Quote:
thanks guys but after saving it, I can't open it. I've probably downloaded 30 or more ROMs so not sure what's happening all of a sudden. The icon doesn't even look right. I keep getting that generic icon you get for files that aren't recognized, not the normal one. Thx again..I'll keep trying

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom