PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Re: [ 9-16 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

I just built/flashed a 23412SYS ROM and found some interesting things- some of which I think I can fix but some I'd like some feedback on. [Just my first try with this sys... looks promising.]
  1. I'm pretty sure I selected the long press end key option- but there is no setting for it in Settings;System.
  2. None of the softkeys are visible. I can press them and they seem to all work, but I have to do them from memory.
  3. As much as I like quickmenu, it doesn't work for me if I can't get rid of that darn clock on the right of the topbar. Input on how to accomplish getting rid of either would be appreciated.
  4. That scrollbar is back on the normal [non-Tachi] dialer. Why? Just annoying, not a dealbreaker. Still rather have it than the issues I get when I use Tachi dialer.
  5. Option menu when connecting via USB is cut off at the bottom.
  6. Now it looks like I'm screwed- Soft reset is bringing back to screen alignment; then I get error messages about configuration and everything freezes. Time to rebuild/reflash. #1 is likely the result of the customizations not running correctly.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:44 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

I want to get rid of the pretty pic in the background, and just have plain black or blue. It is hard to see the appointments, etc with the pic. Also, under power, I cannot turn off/on the background light checkbox. the label is there, but no checkbox or time dropdown box.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I just built/flashed a 23412SYS ROM and found some interesting things- some of which I think I can fix but some I'd like some feedback on. [Just my first try with this sys... looks promising.]
  1. I'm pretty sure I selected the long press end key option- but there is no setting for it in Settings;System.
  2. None of the softkeys are visible. I can press them and they seem to all work, but I have to do them from memory.
  3. As much as I like quickmenu, it doesn't work for me if I can't get rid of that darn clock on the right of the topbar. Input on how to accomplish getting rid of either would be appreciated.
  4. That scrollbar is back on the normal [non-Tachi] dialer. Why? Just annoying, not a dealbreaker. Still rather have it than the issues I get when I use Tachi dialer.
  5. Option menu when connecting via USB is cut off at the bottom.
  6. Now it looks like I'm screwed- Soft reset is bringing back to screen alignment; then I get error messages about configuration and everything freezes. Time to rebuild/reflash. #1 is likely the result of the customizations not running correctly.
Hey,

1. long press end key is found under start>settings>personal>buttons>third tab over.
3: not sure, I never select it for 6.5 builds.
2/6: something went wrong cooking the rom
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Retired Staff

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoray View Post
I want to get rid of the pretty pic in the background, and just have plain black or blue. It is hard to see the appointments, etc with the pic. Also, under power, I cannot turn off/on the background light checkbox. the label is there, but no checkbox or time dropdown box.
which rom did you flash or did you cook one in the kitchen? is it a panoramic tf image? if so you will need to use the kitchen and cook up a rom without panoramic tf. Calcu has other tf options which will allow you to cook a rom and use the wallpaper of your choice.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell Mobility

rkmoray is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to rkmoray Send a message via MSN to rkmoray

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyd5 View Post
which rom did you flash or did you cook one in the kitchen? is it a panoramic tf image? if so you will need to use the kitchen and cook up a rom without panoramic tf. Calcu has other tf options which will allow you to cook a rom and use the wallpaper of your choice.
I used already cooked Rom Calkulin's Diamond 23049 ROM v3 9-16.7z
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoray View Post
I used already cooked Rom Calkulin's Diamond 23049 ROM v3 9-16.7z
cool, so you just need to rebuild and and not select the panoramic tf options. you should be able to select b4all as well if you like to have the same image thorough tflo.

Specifically: unselect Manilla Options-Rhodium 2.1 - Panoramic Background 2b & Manilla Options-Rhodium 2.1 - Panoramic Background-Tarantula Tree

if you want background for all pages, select Manilla options-Rhodium 2.1 - background4allpages.

Last edited by Riley; 09-17-2009 at 12:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Its there, it just conflicts with the new builds and for whatever reason and cannot be bound to the hardware keys. It still comes up if you get the notification drop down and click on the sound icon. It won't work on any of the recent (last 3) COM3/4 builds.
Well, I dont seem to have the notification bar in this one. tapping the icons up top does nothing either so I think this version just doesnt have a notification manager in it.

Also, can anyone tell me what the .exe file is for the tachi dialer? I'm trying to map it to a softkey but I cant find the right .exe or .lnk

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

dallasjim is becoming a great contributor

Does anyone else have an issue with Nikoan89 Rhodium EzInput key board? I have tried it numerous times on Calkulin;s ROMs. It always causes my shift key on the hard keyboard to malfunction. I really like the keyboard. Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

Quote:
Well, I dont seem to have the notification bar in this one. tapping the icons up top does nothing either so I think this version just doesnt have a notification manager in it.

Also, can anyone tell me what the .exe file is for the tachi dialer? I'm trying to map it to a softkey but I cant find the right .exe or .lnk
Dialer exe is : \windows\VTKey.exe

As for the notifications bar, you have it, it just does not work right with manila, if you turned off manila you could press on any notification to get the popup. That being said, with manila enabled if you press on the task manger in the right top corner, and then press it again once the taskmanager appears, the notification menu will also appear. Not exactly ideal, but if you really don't want to adjust both volume controls you can do this.(or if you want to get to notifications for whatever reason)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by omnicronx View Post
Dialer exe is : \windows\VTKey.exe

As for the notifications bar, you have it, it just does not work right with manila, if you turned off manila you could press on any notification to get the popup. That being said, with manila enabled if you press on the task manger in the right top corner, and then press it again once the taskmanager appears, the notification menu will also appear. Not exactly ideal, but if you really don't want to adjust both volume controls you can do this.(or if you want to get to notifications for whatever reason)
Thanks that worked for the dialer. But the 23049 build I'm running (v9-16) doesnt have the Task Mng up top either. Just the clock.
EDIT: well actually the tsk mgr is there it's just hidden. When I press the clock in the menu bar it drops down the task manager

Last edited by PMDColeslaw; 09-17-2009 at 12:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom