PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:18 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: [ 10-3 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
smiznith ... on the notification that won't clear, is it on txt? There was a fixunreadcount file a buddy of mine used before. And I know I've seen a registry edit floating around somewhere too.

As for the taskbar, I'd be as puzzled as you unfortunately. I gave up on 6.5.1 builds. I assume you've tried with No Top curtain both true and false? The m6 icons in the kitchen should be compatible with 6.5.1, maybe it's a compatibility issue?

Another thought, maybe just try a fresh unzip of the kitchen and start from scratch? Different scenario, but that's what I ended up doing last night and my build is in better shape finally.
yea there is a lot more to 6.5.1 than expected. ive tried all the simple routes.. its more so editing the .tsk and some other tweaks to the UI that i cant figure out. A few people i know cant either. Oh well, i think i may give up until someone makes a program to edit it.

ill have to search for the reg tweak that removes the icons. and yes its when i receive a text, it just stays there, then eventually goes away. very odd..
Old 10-11-2009, 10:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

Hmm..Can't seem to get v3 10-3 Kitchen to boot up... I've checked Real 6.5 AKU and tried flashing from stock...Nothing helps..
Old 10-11-2009, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

Here's one:
Check out the following key in Registry: Hkey_Current_User\System\State\Messages\sms\Unread . The count value should be showing 1. Change that to 0 and soft reset.

Here's another I turned up for you over on SprintUsers:

Originally Posted by drue
There are several threads with various fixes depending on the cause. It seems to happen when using threaded SMS (or Codys Threaded) and a new SMS somehow escapes the software and sneaks onto the old sms stack. In that case, you can edit the following registry, setting it to 0. Then, when you click on the SMS icon on HTC Home, it should show the lonely unread text message.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSAvailable"=dword:1

0=old style
1=threaded style

Be sure to set it back to 1. On my phone, when I had to do it, setting it to 0 took effect immediately and no soft reset was needed, but I had to soft-reset to get back threaded-style messaging.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:44 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisk View Post
Hmm..Can't seem to get v3 10-3 Kitchen to boot up... I've checked Real 6.5 AKU and tried flashing from stock...Nothing helps..
Don't check Real 6.5 AKU. There's not a real 6.5 kernel for the TD.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Don't check Real 6.5 AKU. There's not a real 6.5 kernel for the TD.

Oh, I guess I messed up a package the first time and thought i needed the AKU checked.. (from other posts)

Thanks
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

im sad no release today
Old 10-12-2009, 12:03 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by madcook View Post
im sad no release today
Yeah - I'm a bit surprised, especially since he said on Thursday:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
PM me if you have time right now to test this as the kitchen is ready for release pending testing to verify everything works like I want it to
Thursday's testing went very well according to the posts of the testers; but 4 days later no news....

Maybe it didn't go as well as others have reported. Or, personal life claimed priority, which it has a knack to do!

Last edited by willysp; 10-12-2009 at 12:19 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:12 AM
VIP BABY
Pocket PC: moto driod
Carrier: verzion

madcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on repmadcook is halfway to VIP status based on rep

that it does ,i can wait till its done
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro - Waiting to upgrade until WP7 drops
Carrier: VZW

livinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlivinxtreme2114 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swurvv View Post
I'm having a major problem I made several roms with calk's kicthen I've used 9/23 to 10/3 and everytime I make a rom "The GPS weather my location doesn't work why is this? Can anyone one help me Cal anyone???

I have a sprint touch pro and diamond both running roms made with calk's kitchen 9/27...
I found that if you enable footprints it will cause problems with my location feature on manila. try installing the rom without footprints enabled
Old 10-12-2009, 08:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Yeah - I'm a bit surprised, especially since he said on Thursday:

Thursday's testing went very well according to the posts of the testers; but 4 days later no news....

Maybe it didn't go as well as others have reported. Or, personal life claimed priority, which it has a knack to do!

Personal life took a lot of time and I also got my hands on new dump, so I updated more packages and had to retest everything

But I'm shooting for a today release if I can fix 1 minor issue I found with the new packages

This post has been thanked 15 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom