PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [ 9-27 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioState87 View Post
Also, once the ROM is flashed, I can't switch keyboards. The only one I can use is the full QWERTY. When I go to switch, all of the other keyboards appear in the list, but if I select, say, the Compact QWERTY, it just pops the full QWERTY back up.

I'm using:
EXT Build: 6.5
XIP Build: 21859
SYS Build: 21859
Only one keyboard displayed is how Calk set it up. Take a look at one of his posts from earlier:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=9058

Cab can be found in this post if you want to try it:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...postcount=8208
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:31 PM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm still having problems with 23414 test messaging, so I tried to make it very simple.

1. Flashed to stock
2. Formatted internal storage, left it empty
3. Flashed 23414 ROM (not from kitchen, the one Calk posted)

No luck - still freezes when exiting the text msg app.

Don't know what else to try. Any thoughts?

TIA!
Old 09-27-2009, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond / TP2

hansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good workhansk75 is keeping up the good work

Thank you for your great kitchen Calk! I always come back to your kitchen as my base kitchen.

I have a question about font and reg entry. I was able to remove helveticaNeue *.ttf fonts from your previous kitchen and substitue my own. However I can't seem to locate the reg entry where [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FontLink\Sys temLink] is specified in this kitchen.

I have searched all rgu files as well as app.reg files but it seems to be missing. Also, when I manually remove helveticaNeue entrie from rom and soft-reset, it just comes back up again. I am puzzled and would like some help from you or anyone else who happen to know what to do. Thank you.

--Never Mind--
RGU file in the HTC FontLink directory was set up as system file and that is why I missed it. I found out why and know how to fix it now Thanks.

Last edited by hansk75; 09-27-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Found answer to my question.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

stormygal_indy is keeping up the good workstormygal_indy is keeping up the good work

willysp -- Have you tried an earlier sys and got the same results? As an aside, I couldn't run the newer sys versions due to some app incompatibilities so settled back with 23017 (grabbed the sys from Calk's files)... 6.5 buttons at the top not bottom and things seem pretty stable.

Also if you're on a 6.5.1 rom, not all of the 6.5 taskbars are compatible and can cause odd issues.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond, former Touch vogue

egriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good workegriffin is keeping up the good work

Hey calc FYI, your newest 23414 rom doesn't appear to have carrier customiztions. I tried it at least 3 times...even after flashing back to shipped Sprint. thanks for all your hard work!
Old 09-27-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

megapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
I'm still having problems with 23414 test messaging, so I tried to make it very simple.

1. Flashed to stock
2. Formatted internal storage, left it empty
3. Flashed 23414 ROM (not from kitchen, the one Calk posted)

No luck - still freezes when exiting the text msg app.

Don't know what else to try. Any thoughts?

TIA!
I have the same problem, some one can help?

the last rom work
Old 09-28-2009, 12:46 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

denisk is just getting started

Lockscreen bug:

Bottom keeps showing weird reflection...goes away sometimes after soft reset, but keeps coming back.

Also, I could not get the lockscreen background changer to work, anyone get it to work?

(This is on a Bell Diamond, in case it changes anything, but I doubt it would)

Edit: Using Rom from 9-24 build 23414, with Omnia D3D. Ill try out today's, and repost the results tomorrow(on this post)

Edit2: Tryed insalling default titanium cab but it froze at about 90 percent and i soft resetted, afterwards it wouldn't boot, (stayed at red writing) and had to hard reset. Worked fine afterwards, maybe it was because I unplugged it while on activesync..

Last edited by denisk; 09-28-2009 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

megapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmegapinky is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: [ 9-19 ][ v3 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by megapinky View Post
how i can fix memory issue whith NFS Undercover?

please help

i try game fix cab
i try
HKLM/SOFTWARE/HTC/ResProxy
i try oem 3d driver
i try omnia driver
i try disable manila and titanium

and no luck

I can play NFS Undercover , I recmod some files on 23414 SYS, use this intructions
http://everythingdiamond.info/showpo...&postcount=118
if someone wants to play with this amaizing rom

Thanks Calku
Old 09-28-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

For those having issues with freezing when exiting texting, etc, a couple of notes.

Some people have noted that the cause might be Showcase Suite, I for 1, have used Showcase Suite since I introduced it into the kitchen and have not experienced any freezing trying to exit manila or windows text windows and what I mainly do on my phone is text. The only freezing I experienced was trying to compose a text or e-mail on 23052\53 but I fixed that on the last release(hopefully).

Now for those that still experience the freezing, I just created this cab that will remove Showcase Suite and install PositionFix & the invisible HTC task manager behind the clock.

I am also uploading a updated kitchen to include these changes, so if you don't like Showcase Suite, you can revert back to those

Soft reset after installing this cab

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP2 & Evo =)
Carrier: Sprint!

boodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboodaka is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to boodaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormygal_indy View Post
willysp -- Have you tried an earlier sys and got the same results? As an aside, I couldn't run the newer sys versions due to some app incompatibilities so settled back with 23017 (grabbed the sys from Calk's files)... 6.5 buttons at the top not bottom and things seem pretty stable.

Also if you're on a 6.5.1 rom, not all of the 6.5 taskbars are compatible and can cause odd issues.
Man! You just solved my plague of an issue lol, and i dont know how i overlooked it but thank u! for anyone to know, dont use Ahen 6b 6.5 Icons with 23414, messes everything up.

Just hit the THANKS for me being........well, me...

Calkulin's Visual WVGA Kitchen v1.6 R3 Mirror

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom