PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2009, 06:18 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith
Re: [ 10-13 ][ v4 ][ 6.5.1 / 6.5 / 6.1 ] Calkulin's Visual HTC Kitchen & ROMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by naiserie View Post
Hi All:

First, thanks to Calk and everyone in this thread documenting so much info.

Second, I've tried flashing several different roms from this kitchen today (6.5.1, 6.5, 6.1, even Calk's own Diamond rom), but have encountered what is pretty much a deal breaker for me unless someone can help shed some light on how to resolve it....after flashing and restoring my messages and contacts via sktools, my phone sends out random old sms to contacts. I've tried hard resets immediately after flashing via Clear Temp 1234 etc as directed earlier in this thread but the problem persists.

Is there anything I can do about this?

TIA for your help!

did you make sure to clear out your outbox? and also are you using the new windows messaging client? that thing is very very buggy......
Old 10-19-2009, 06:24 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero & Touch Diamond
Carrier: Cellular South

PMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPMDColeslaw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
You could set your long press end key to turn off data ...
Well, yes that makes it easier but it doesnt fix the problem. What's different about this ROM thats making the Data stay open 24-7 and drain the battery?

PMD ROMz - Please hit the Thanks button if I've helped you!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

naiserie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by smiznith View Post
did you make sure to clear out your outbox? and also are you using the new windows messaging client? that thing is very very buggy......
I did. Clearing the outbox only fixes the problem temporarily, it comes back within 5-20 minutes

re: the new msg client, I'm just using whatever was in the kitchen. I honestly didn't make very many changes to stock at all, just fiddling with 6.5.1 vs. 6.5 vs. 6.1
Old 10-19-2009, 06:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

x42384 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calkulin View Post
I didn't he had posted a working version, so I guess I'll add it to the next kitchen, thanks
Can you also double check if the "In Call Recorder" works with this new dialer. No longer see a "start recording button" as I did with the Tachi Dialer. I am running 6.5.1/23420.

(also, depending on what WM build you use, you may see an unecessary (up/down) slider bar on the new phone pad. With 23420, the EXE was required to get rid of the slider. With build 23064, I still saw the slider.
Anyhow, was a minor issue in the newer build.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

supernoman is a n00b

I just installed V4 on my old GFs phone that I want to start using. I ran into a problem...I can't activate it. I installed the Sprint Extras to get the Update Profile but that doesn't work. It gives me an Error 1012. I also tried manual activation but every time I edit the MDN and MSID, the settings never stay upon reset. Any help please?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post
Well, yes that makes it easier but it doesnt fix the problem. What's different about this ROM thats making the Data stay open 24-7 and drain the battery?
not sure what you me PMDColeslaw. Sorry if this has already been mentioned but are you saying that the data is always on for you. In that case the device would drain in 2 hrs or less. Have you installed battery monitor? Mine when idle always shows between 75 -93ma while lit depending on the light conditions, and it drops to 13ma while sleep. now it will fire up while sleeping for syncing mail or other purposes but the data is not always on. In notifications there is a running meter on top but that isn't telling you that data is active continously.

Last edited by Riley; 10-19-2009 at 07:00 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

SOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIPSOHKis is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by supernoman View Post
I just installed V4 on my old GFs phone that I want to start using. I ran into a problem...I can't activate it. I installed the Sprint Extras to get the Update Profile but that doesn't work. It gives me an Error 1012. I also tried manual activation but every time I edit the MDN and MSID, the settings never stay upon reset. Any help please?
what radio are you running? i read at somepoint that you need to be running a sprint radio for sprint OTA updates.

make sure you're unplugged from the comp, and possibly try soft-resetting, & then update the profile again.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond & 6700 & 800w

nize2beme is just getting started

downloading 4.1 now. it was posted while i was flashing to 4. ARGH.

i don't see the dialer mentioned a few posts back that calc said he might add. any ideas or has anyone else tried it ? is it worth it ?

i'll let you know how 4.1 goes, i'm really liking the new 218** series, they FINALLY got me to 6.5..... i think...
Old 10-19-2009, 07:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMDColeslaw View Post

If your using the new dialer(Rhodium), the data arrows will never go dormant, it has the same bug on CDMA as the old S2A w/ curtain did

Quote:
Originally Posted by x42384 View Post
Can you also double check if the "In Call Recorder" works with this new dialer. No longer see a "start recording button" as I did with the Tachi Dialer. I am running 6.5.1/23420.

(also, depending on what WM build you use, you may see an unecessary (up/down) slider bar on the new phone pad. With 23420, the EXE was required to get rid of the slider. With build 23064, I still saw the slider.
Anyhow, was a minor issue in the newer build.

The OEM & cab posted had the ICR reg key turned off, so all you have to do is enable it or use the one I'm including in the kitchen

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\PHONE]
"EnableICR"=dword:00000001

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:58 PM
SIR Flash-a-lot
Pocket PC: Hero

KBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on repKBZL is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Is 4.1 up? All i see is v4.

Thats how sweet the signal is in my office!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Tags
calkulin, kitchen, rom