PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2008, 05:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek
Re: *UPDATED* [11-10-08] Juicy ROM 3.2 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.3.2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Me again, still having trouble. It seems if I install any extra tf3d tab it kills the messages tab menu, weird. If anyone has succesfully added the calendar, call history or the comm mgr tab please let me know which one you are using, thanks!!!

Resolved:
Hey guys I now have everthing working prefectly, here is what I had to do.
For the messages menu I replaced my 26948339_manila with the one Denttarek uploaded.
For the extra tabs I manually edited the 26948339_manila to add call hist and calendar tab.
Finally to get the calendar button remapped I followed the instructions here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?p=498201

The remapping was tricky even though I had done it before on past roms but this time it took me a few tries to get it to work, not sure why maybe it's just me.

Hope this helps someone!
here is what i have concluded from my research "and correct me if i am wrong"
there is different tf3d releases out there and they are not compatible
so the safest way to add tabs is to do it manually by editing the 26948339_manila in the windows folder"simply transfer it to you pc open it with notepad edit and save then transfer back of course don't forget to backup the original" but you have to know what you are looking for and add the lines in the correct place as alot of ppl mentioned it is a very sensitive file so basically when u install a cab it might replace that file and that is where the problem arises.
For me i try to keep it as simple as possible and keep the tabs to a minimum ,to keep it running smooth all day
IMO there is no need for the call history tab as there is an option for it on the home tab
i don't listen to music from my phone so that tab is gone for me
i replaced the setting one with the command manager because it is much more practicale

IMO atleast on a WM phone try to keep it simple ppl and try to back trace where the problem came from by some simple steps:

1.Just got a new ROM and flashed,if you have time test it barbone and report the bugs .,then install your stuff few hours later "sashimi is a nice program that can run UC on demand whenever you want"

2.install your cabs and themes and all

3.found a problem ..like the tf3d is acting up ,what i did i tried tf3d config tool which has an awesome tool it restores your manila files to the original ones http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749 aND when i did so i found out that the sms tab was working so i realized it had to be one of my cabs or themes or something,and that is how i traced it back to that CAB file

4.now if back tracing and trying to trouble shoot the problem didn't work i would go for a hard rest ,and try it immediately after the hard rest ,if still don't work then it is bug in the release,if it does i ll do my customizations manually one by one and find out when this problem arises

5. report the bug/problem and identify if it is in the release or is it a compatibility issue and try to include what you have done like " restored with pimbackup installed this and that etc etc." list the program you have installed ,your tweaks ,what you have used for the tweaking "Advance config tool for example" so it would be easier to identify the commonality and identify the problem.

Now for the reason why i am talking too much about it ,simply because with the UC included and all of us flashing and customizing in less than an hour now,you get many ppl complaining about many problems and all happens so fast and makes you feel that the new release is problematic which sometimes is not true,god knows how many times that scared alot of us away from flashing to a new ROM,and also to figure out the solution with so little information from whoever has the problem it becomes more of a guess game.

so what i am hopping for is that we would work together on improving our devices by accurately report a bug and be positive it is in the release itself.

AND THAT IS MY OWN OPINION.and i don't mean to offend anyone
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

majorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmajorassface is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well said Denttarek! I just hope you are not referring to me..lol
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Anyone else have issues with ##786# not working?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorassface View Post
Well said Denttarek! I just hope you are not referring to me..lol
lol, no not at all,i was following up on our problem,i just ment the posts like"the bla blah is not working ,and that is a deal breaker for me,so i m flashing blah blah back"i mean come on
Old 11-11-2008, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

nodiaque is a n00b

I stated a bug in 2.6 and the bug is still there, though you said it was fixed. Originally, in the power -> backlight setting (on stock rom), you had an option saying "dim when lock" that was changeable when "auto dim" was disable. Now, when I disable the "auto-dim" feature, the 2 sliding bar appear, but there's no place to remove the "dim on lock". I also tried through diamond tweak to disable the dim on lock, no luck.

Thanks a lot for your great work, I'm sure it's not something too easy to do (hence why not much people are releasing roms).
Old 11-11-2008, 08:27 PM
N00b

sheeno is becoming a great contributor

Hey just something I noticed. When you're in threaded text messages and you open up your keyboard there's a second scroll bar that appears and slows down the whole process if your phone has been on for a bit. Plus it looks a bit funky with all the scrolling that happens.

So basically open threaded messages, then open up the keyboard, and watch the top of the screen. It's much different then when you now can close the keyboard which seems like a very seamless process with no extra scroll bars. Not sure if this is a 'bug' or just how the thing is programmed but I can't remember if it was in the older versions.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

A question to Sprint/Alltel users: by default, what cities show up in your weather tab?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, Juicy Roms

waynech is just getting started

bug report.
I paired my Diamond with my TT Go 920, Voice works fine, but data does not. Says that data is not supported by my phone, but I have had it working on all other Juicy roms that I have used.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

jonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good workjonnythan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
A question to Sprint/Alltel users: by default, what cities show up in your weather tab?
I've got Tapei, Barcelona, London, Seattle, Paris, and Tokyo.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

fatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good workfatboypup is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnythan View Post
I've got Tapei, Barcelona, London, Seattle, Paris, and Tokyo.
x2 .........

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development