PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo / TP / TP2
Carrier: Sprint

JohnBecker is keeping up the good workJohnBecker is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *UPDATED* [11-10-08] Juicy ROM 3.2 [SYS OS 5.2.19972 Build 19972.3.2] [UC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmknJoe View Post
I'm not sure if this can be done or not - but after installing a new ROM: is it possible to have the device "hard reset" after the customization? It does a normal soft reset anyway. I'm not sure what that process would entail....
Think about this ... after customizing your ROM upon initialization and running UC, a hard reset would wipe out anything that was done during the UC routine. It would make it rather pointless for UC to run at all.

Personally, I use Pocket Controller. I let it run the UC and then I use Pocket Controller to do a hard reset. It runs the UC again and seems to do just fine. I find that Pocket Controller is a much easier way than doing the button pushing hard reset option. Also FYI .. the psShutXP application does not do a hard reset like it's suppose to on the Diamond. That would make it so much easier if it did.

EVO 4G ... after 8 years of Windows Mobile devices, I've given up on WM toys and switched to Android. This is the way mobile should have been!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arts View Post
Google maps is not working on my phone, it returns the message "No GPS receiver was found..........". Quck GPS is initiated ok. I just flashed 3.2, anyone having the same trouble? Telus on Diamond Touch.
Just tried it, works on mine. Google Maps, Menu-> Use GPS. Found 11 Satellites in about 5 to 10 seconds.

Sprint.

(not sure if it makes a difference, I'm using Verizon Radio 3.003V or whatever.)
Old 11-10-2008, 08:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcjen View Post
Is there any explanation from Juicy why 3.2 was done without AutoLaunchToday enabled?
yes.

often I'm stuck with a very low battery or a situation where I need to turn my phone off and make a call quickly. Not loading TFlo unless prompted by the user lets you have quicker access to things like the actual phone calls or sms

Seriously though, it's one click, and can be fixed by regedit (and I know it's not you, but...) so I don't know why others are complaining
Old 11-10-2008, 08:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by storyr View Post
Juicy and team,

Congratulations - 3.2 is a very solid build. I applaude you for sticking to your principles - and not succumbing to every request to add more apps to the ROM.

One issue I'm experiencing:
Similar to v2.7, Bluetooth turns off while my headset is connected. After connecting, it will turn off anywhere from 1 to 10 minutes later. This seems to occur only when running on battery. I'm running a test while connected to power, and it hasn't turned off yet.

Because of that, I'm wondering if this could be related to a power-saving tweak. Can you think of one that could be causing this?
Thanks...
I'm working on 3.3 .... looks like I have BT issues solved.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

marcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good workmarcjen is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
yes.

often I'm stuck with a very low battery or a situation where I need to turn my phone off and make a call quickly. Not loading TFlo unless prompted by the user lets you have quicker access to things like the actual phone calls or sms

Seriously though, it's one click, and can be fixed by regedit (and I know it's not you, but...) so I don't know why others are complaining
Thanks, ya a simple regedit did the trick. I have no problem with being able to make minor tweaks to suit individual needs.

Just curious as to the motivation behind it.

Great ROM thus far. I think I'll be sitting on this one for quite a while.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I'm working on 3.3 .... looks like I have BT issues solved.
I rarely use BT (because of battery, sad really) but when I do, it'll be nice to have it work. Guess I'll be loading 3.3, barring any show stoppers that might show up.

Old 11-10-2008, 08:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

rollrsk8ter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkotoric View Post
Ok will install this picmail.cab now will report back in a min.

EDIT: STILL HAVING THE SAME PROBLEM PIC MAIL ERROR G66
Do you happen to have your phone connected to your laptop or computer? I got that same error, saw my misteak(lol) , disconnected usb cable and then tried again. I can send and receive picture mail without a problem.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: DROID BIONIC / DROID RAZR
Carrier: VZW

Young DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the communityYoung DC is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yes.

Juicy i love the way you setup 3.2...........
And you're 100% right about the low battery.
so the way you did it was top notch....
THANK YOU "Juicy"
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

poopsie is becoming a great contributor

I don't know whether to chalk this up to 3.2 or not, but my battery and phone in general have been nothing sort of amazing since installing this morning. My phone is cooler, and I know its not placebo effect, and my battery has been off the charger since 9a this morning (It is now almost 7p) and my battery just went down from 70% to 60%. I have made about 10 mins worth of calls, my Active Sync checks every 2 hours for cal. and contacts and my email checks every 15 minutes. I also have been browsing for about 10 mins and played about 15 mins worth of MP3's. PLUS, I was in very poor coverage, which usually eats my battery quickly, for 30 mins. I am absolutely amazed with this one-
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

Anyone still have issues with sound randomly just not working? Key presses, any sort of notification sound, etc even with the volume up? I need to restart the phone and then it works for awhile. I guess I need to find out what happens just before it does. I had the issue first with 3.1 and now 3.2. Everything else works just fine.

Last edited by xcopmanx; 11-10-2008 at 08:49 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development