PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2008, 05:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint *cough*sucks*cough*

nullifier is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to nullifier
Re: *UPDATED* [Nov 5] Juicy ROM 3.0 [SYS OS 5.2.20755 Build 20924.3.0] [UC]

I know this shouldn't go here, but I just GOTTA, so you all can laugh at me. Remember how I said in my first post that I was going to flash 3.0 whilst driving? Well... I did the magical hand stretchy into a pretzel thing while I was going 80mph on the freeway in KC, KS and what happens? A DEER ran out in front of me. I shat myself twice, swerved, ended up doing a 360. But... I didn't lose hold of the Diamond! My co-pilot, asleep, wakes up mid spin and SCREAMS "What are you DOOOOOING?" while looking at my hand in a pretzel. All in all, I, the deer, and the co-pilot are fine thankfully. Let that be a warning to you all, don't flash your roms while driving. Thanks again to Juicy, Juggs. and now that I notice hedunit, tobeychris for the FM radio (will you have my babies too tobey?)

Edit:
Now that I've had time to play... WOW.

+Faster. In every way I played.
+TouchFlo is smoother, though I still disabled it immediately as I don't like it at all.
+Opera works SO much better handling large pages like... DD-WRT Supported Devices (dramatic improvement scrolling, loading speed, visual rendering)
+FM Radio. Sex on a stick, in a WinMo device. Works beyond my expectations, I hesitated when I first started it, no sound output. Pressing the spkrph/hdst button fixed that. Works just as well without the sillyarsed headset plugged in and a regedit.
+Faster.
+QuickGPS. The cabbed version never seemed to work right. It would update, but never seemed to stick. Garmin gets an almost instant lock now. It's locked before the map is loaded fully. (2-3s)
+Tethered internet is MUCH faster. I don't know why. I'm home now so I'm in the same place as I tested it before, and I'm seeing 300kbit+ improvement. 1.7mbit down, 950kbit up. Rivals the mid-grade DSL hereabouts. Nice. This could be just a coincidence, tower upgrade, etc.
+Did I mention faster? *uNNNNF* (which for the uneducated is... Universal Noise of Fscking)
Don't care about YouTube. Don't care about multiple email select. This ROM...is the shizzle, mah nizzle.

Edit,v2:
Ok, so. I tried the PRL cab. I tried cooking/reflashing. I tried spanking my phone with a semi-wet noodle. I also touched it's naughty bits. Nothing seems to be able to coerce my diamond into a) aquiring a PRL update b) updating the nv with it. Cooked works (or it starts the app at least) but, there is no resulting nv update. *puppydog eyes at Juicy* Please, harrrp me. I vill vipe jor vindows, ja? Sorry, been up a day or so, driving, caffiene, probably 10 pots of coffee. I digress.
I love Juicy and his beautiful pe..err ROMs. uNF.

Last edited by nullifier; 11-06-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

xcopmanx is keeping up the good workxcopmanx is keeping up the good work

How do you turn off the headset check for the FM radio?
Old 11-06-2008, 08:47 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcopmanx View Post
How do you turn off the headset check for the FM radio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris
wtf are you talking about?

You need headphones, because they act as the antenna. It still works without them if you set:
[HKLM\System\State\Hardware]
Headset = 1
Works for me. My reception seems fine without the headset. Though that is OUTSIDE. Inside it won't pickup jack (esp if there's anything electrical around) Should probably be in the OP somewhere. *shrug*

I'm betting there's an easy fix for the YouTube audio issue, but it is not as simple as a cab re-install. I tried that.

Sprint PRL cab also still doesn't work. even with the auto-kitchen I hate recooking it in and it doesn't seem to work right either.

btw, I hate to be an arse, but that was as easy as putting 'radio headset' into the search and selecting 'show posts'. I would've put this in my previous post if I didn't know this thread was gonna EXPLODE with inane posts in the next few hours.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullifier View Post
+FM Radio. Sex on a stick, in a WinMo device. Works beyond my expectations, I hesitated when I first started it, no sound output. Pressing the spkrph/hdst button fixed that. Works just as well without the sillyarsed headset plugged in and a regedit.
I didn't realize there was a speakerphone shortcut. You mind sharing how you do that? I'm using it with my headset now and absolutely siked about it. I never thought it'd be possible. I lug around my ZEN partly because I listen to NPR on the way into work every morning. This definitely cuts down on the amount of crap I carry with me! Thanks Tobey!

Also, even with the bugs previously mentioned, I'm sooo impressed with the ROM. It feels so smooth... like butta baby! I'm constantly amazed by the work being done here. Thanks to all that contributed!

Last edited by mercado79; 11-06-2008 at 09:07 AM.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:24 AM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercado79 View Post
I didn't realize there was a speakerphone shortcut. You mind sharing how you do that?
Err... it isn't obvious? You lookin' same FM radio app I am mang? It's the left button (not soft) it looks like a speaker, or alternately a headset. I cry a little at this app because the phone switches radio stations faster than the $1700 alpine headunit in my car does. That is to say, from one preset to another, it's instant, no delay (even infintessimal) to sound output. That makes me wonder, seriously.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:01 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

I have no idea what youtube Juicy used, but the OEM 2.02 works fine.. I can watch Obama's acceptance speach as much as I want.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero

mercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmercado79 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nullifier View Post
Err... it isn't obvious? You lookin' same FM radio app I am mang? It's the left button (not soft) it looks like a speaker, or alternately a headset. I cry a little at this app because the phone switches radio stations faster than the $1700 alpine headunit in my car does. That is to say, from one preset to another, it's instant, no delay (even infintessimal) to sound output. That makes me wonder, seriously.
Yup... we're looking at the same app, man. It's just that the radio won't even start unless I plug in the headset. Only AFTER I have the headset plugged in can I use the speakerphone.

I must've misread/misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you somehow turned on speakerphone first and then started the radio app (without having to plug in the headphones). If that's the only way to do it, then I guess the registry hack is the way to go.

I agree with you about the quality of this thing. Better than my stock radio in my car or the upgraded one I put into it! I like that it scanned for stations and set them as presets. Also, the fact it displays the radio station's call numbers or whatever is pretty neat.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

edgarwong is just getting started

thanks juicy for the rom

Feedback

no audio on windows media player
htc album player will not play .mp4 files any more
on sprint: working fine so far

thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 10:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

Calkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation levelCalkulin can't get a higher reputation level

Good to see you bumping on the 20924 bandwagon again Juicy, now that it's matured a little, I think everything will like it, especially in terms of speed
Old 11-06-2008, 10:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Rollazn is just getting started

With the new rom... if you go to youtube.com via opera mobile... does it stream for you guys?

Its using streaming media but it just doesn't connect. No youtube

edit:

Otherwise this is a great rom! Thanks Juicy!

Last edited by Rollazn; 11-06-2008 at 10:30 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development