PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint pro on alltel
Carrier: alltel

tommy11481 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Alltel Stock Rom Get It Here

it works when it wants to reset fixed it. it said it downloaded it 3 min ago but gave me a connection error. i reset and the weather was there. do you make the sys and oem packages from a dump i will try if you can give me a quick 101 on what i need. also i do a reset through epst so i do not have to take the battery cover off everytime i want to reset.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

guess i could use psshutxp too.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:18 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy11481 View Post
it works when it wants to reset fixed it. it said it downloaded it 3 min ago but gave me a connection error. i reset and the weather was there. do you make the sys and oem packages from a dump i will try if you can give me a quick 101 on what i need. also i do a reset through epst so i do not have to take the battery cover off everytime i want to reset.
quick 101:

from command prompt type imgfstodump part02.raw then use package tools to make packages
Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 PM
MIA
Pocket PC: All HTC CDMA PPC
Carrier: Alltel

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

if you are in epst (##778 ) and the you need to go to edit. enter your unlock code. should be 000000 for alltel. and then any setting you cahnge you need to go down to the bottom right hand corner and press menu, and then up to "ok" this will save the setting and then reset the device.

I am cooking up a test alltel rom now. got rid of all the trial programs for now. also enable some different pages in setting-phone-services

Last edited by conflipper; 10-24-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:26 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level

the files you guys need are epst2.epst the alltel connection.xml file and the proxml with the alltel connection settings if you guys are using a rom that is built off of just replacing the oemdrivers package you should already have all of these ... I may be wrong but I think that your problems may be based off of the fact that you do not have the alltel radio to qpst and technically you do not have all of the ROM
Old 10-24-2008, 01:30 PM
MIA

conflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation levelconflipper can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
the files you guys need are epst2.epst the alltel connection.xml file and the proxml with the alltel connection settings if you guys are using a rom that is built off of just replacing the oemdrivers package you should already have all of these ... I may be wrong but I think that your problems may be based off of the fact that you do not have the alltel radio to qpst and technically you do not have all of the ROM
true we do not have all the rom, and yeah i am sure you are right about this, i am fairly new to all of this, you know much more then i ever will. also in the dump there isnt epst2.epst. it is only epst.epst. i will try that. but i am sure you are right about all of that. right now we do have internet connection, but the roaming icon flashing is just annoying.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakdillard View Post
all of the above you mentioned should be in the rom. all that was done is a mod to the xip and move some drivers.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-24-2008, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by conflipper View Post
true we do not have all the rom, and yeah i am sure you are right about this, i am fairly new to all of this, you know much more then i ever will. also in the dump there isnt epst2.epst. it is only epst.epst. i will try that. but i am sure you are right about all of that. right now we do have internet connection, but the roaming icon flashing is just annoying.
is your roaming icon flashing because mine is solid which would indicate that i am paying for roaming charges usually but a call to cust serv indicated i was not roaming. and thanks jakdillard for the quick 101.
Old 10-24-2008, 01:48 PM
MIA

yeah they are in there. i am going to make a build right now. and see if i can get it later. or something. I swear it is a EPST issue though. because in the modem settings there are 3 settings under "Preferred Serving System" 1) roaming only 2)sprint only 3) automatic.

and unless alltel decided to go with sprint setting, i would say that is not right.

mine is sold, but in the phone it is flashing "digital roaming"
Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

well according to the alltel rom. the dump does not contain any epst radio edits.

Try dcd's carrier cab. because the stock rom didnt contain any modem settings in the UC.

http://dcd1182.n715dp.com/index.php?dir=carriers%2F

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development