PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

nttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnttdemented is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How To: Kitchens

Where did the original dump come from? I like to know these little stupid details.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey guys, thanks alot for putting together the kitchen.

I downloaded the Base v5.00, OEM 2.03 and SYS 20931 and the dialer is a Window mobile default dialer although I tried to cook both blackstone and diamond dialers. So something is not working correctly.

Any help please?
Old 11-20-2008, 10:26 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

You're crazy?

No, but try redownloading the OEM, mine works... and I'm pretty sure everyone else's does too.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Prē

fr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good workfr4nk1yn is keeping up the good work

Stupid Question > "Can you install more than one dialer during the build?"
Radio: Sprint 1.11.00F
Old 11-21-2008, 12:45 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr4nk1yn View Post
Stupid Question > "Can you install more than one dialer during the build?"
easy answer = no
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

One problem that has been plaguing me for a while... I cannot increase the number of rings prior to voicemail. It seems to be different on every rom version I try but the latest sys seems to be particularly short. Anyone else have a similar effect?

I have tried everything I can find to increase the number of rings, including changing the slot index settings in the EPST (these settings have no impact whatsoever on my number of rings, although this seems to be the most commonly recommended fix for this problem).

Can anyone suggest a fix for this, or point me in the right direction, or confirm that it is rom related?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:03 AM
N00b

ken830 is just getting started

Thanks for all of the hard work and updates! Just built an image with the new kitchen (V5), SYS (v5a), and OEM (2.03). Here's some feedback on some issues I've noticed:

1) Keyboard icon to bring up SIPs not working?

Here's something funny every time I hit the keyboard icon/button to bring-up/put-away the keyboard...

When I tap they keyboard icon, it's as if I tapped somewhere else on the screen (at the last location I touched). Say, I tap a check box to enable an option. And then I tap the keyboard icon to bring up the keyboard. Instead of getting a keyboard, it simply unchecks the checkbox. If I tap the keyboard icon again, the keyboard comes up (because that's the last place on the screen I touched)

This behavior also causes this other annoying symptom... If the keyboard is displayed when I press the keyboard icon, it will hit the last key I used. For example, if I type "HELLO" then tap the keyboard icon to hide the keyboard, the keyboard doesn't hide. Instead, another "O" is typed to make it "HELLOO". Of course, I tap the backspace key to change it back to "HELLO" and then tap the keyboard icon to hide the keyboard. But now, I'm left with "HELL" and the keyboard is still there. If I tap the keyboard icon again, the keyboard successfully hides itself.

This is true no matter which keyboard I use. Soft-reset does not help.

2) Sprint manila and/or clear digital clock

I'm using Sprint Manila with Clear Digital Clock, and my Home tab looks like this... Not too surprised as the release notes say that not all manila bugs are fixed...

3) Minor issue.. Sprint TV Works, but the Sprint TV Tab in TF3D never connects properly. Probably a registry setting somewhere...

4) Youtube has the worst studdering/skipping of any build I've ever used before... Even on a WiFi and Youtube reporting a datarate of nearly 200kbps...

EDIT: Strange.. Youtube actually works smoother when on EVDO and at only about 100KBps...

Last edited by ken830; 11-21-2008 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:46 AM
N00b

ken830 is just getting started

About the SIP/Keyboard issue, I built another image with the older SIP and the Verizon manila, and I experienced the same problem. But when I did a third build with all default options (plus sprint carrier), the problem goes away!
Old 11-21-2008, 09:55 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus
Threadstarter

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken830 View Post
2) Sprint manila and/or clear digital clock
Fixed.
Is the font colour supposed to be black? It seems hard to read.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell Canada

iggy is just getting started

Any one know if this will work for Bell Canada? I see Telus as a provider but not bell when running the kitchen.

As of Dec. 10:
OMJs 6.5 ROM w/HTC Sense - and loving it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development