PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
I also meant to mention that power consumption increases with larger pagepools. I've always assumed the reason for this is due to the additional processing and overhead of maintaining the pool. Others have noted this as well... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=138

I just got my diamond so I am still tinkering to see what works best. I just built my first rom for the diamond using tobey's kitchen. My first two builds have been with 4MB pagepools, so I havent tried zero pp yet either. I can say that the custom rom i downloaded and tested (name of which i will not mention) before building my own had a 12MB pagepool and it seemed extermely slow compared to a 4MB... but that could just be the ROM and not related directly to the PP size.

Guess I have a reason to try a 0 pp now. Will report back w/ my findings.
I think a 0 mb pagepool makes it a dynamic pagepool, from what I have read, which is probably a good thing
Old 09-27-2008, 09:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO!!!
Carrier: Sprint

aaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on repaaron130 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok Thanks ALOT man!! Any idea when juicys sprint rom will be done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
the rom update utility

follow direction to the T man
Old 09-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Diamond

thiagomme is a n00b

I'm using Sprint 2.1 and I notice that if I tranfer the music album to the device's storage I do get the album's image. But when I transfer to the internal storage then I don't get the album's image. Anybody knows why is that?

Thanks
Old 09-27-2008, 09:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch

Xanius is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to Xanius Send a message via AIM to Xanius
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makaveli View Post
Well the phone is on but how do I get to the bootloader screen?
power+camera+reset button will put it in bootloader white/red/green/blue bars. It will say serial at the bottom when not plugged in and usb when plugged in.

Sometimes the computer won't pick up the phone for flashing until you force this mode depending on the rom and what's built in.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

ok found out if you go into a specific artist THEN tap 'all songs' it will organize the songs in album order, so when you select a song to play from there, the albums will be in order and no multiples
Old 09-27-2008, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

You sure have had some long hours in on this ROm today. I am certainly very excited to see the full version of this one complete. Thanks for your hard work. While your talking with NFSFAN you may want to ask him about the Diamond waiting animated image that appears on his ROM. This would be a nice little piece of flair for your acclaimed project. Great work!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 09:53 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagomme View Post
I'm using Sprint 2.1 and I notice that if I tranfer the music album to the device's storage I do get the album's image. But when I transfer to the internal storage then I don't get the album's image. Anybody knows why is that?

Thanks
read the last few pages... we've had some discussion on this in the last 30 mins
Old 09-27-2008, 09:54 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryllh View Post
yes. I download from the link in the stickied post. UnRAR it to my desktop. Inside the folder, there is 1 application. I click on it and it gives me that error message (also asks me to report it to MS, yadda yadda).
Strange, you running as admin right? And you have all the updates? I'm not running XP but hope it's just that.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

gamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good workgamer007 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwfos22 View Post
Ok I flashed my Rom today thanks to my man O'Neil Mitchell. I was in Oprea on ESPN and rotated the screen when I rotated it back it kicked me to the Internet screen. Also I thought Flash was built in to this ROM casue again on ESPN.com it says I need to install flash.
Opera still kicks me out randomly at times when I rotate as well.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 365fts View Post
when i try to load the ROM onto my my phone I keep getting a communications error "ERROR 262" Does anyone know why? I tried 3 different cables and two computers and I keep getting the same thing.
Did you unlock the phone using the unlocker? you cant flash until that is done completely

Detroit Doug

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development