PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

detroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on repdetroit_doug is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [UPDATED 9/27/08] v1.4 WDM's 2D Diamond ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveoski View Post
OK so my audio manager has never worked never using the beta cab files from xda and never using the wdm manilla roms but my buddies always has soooo... i took his memory card (we both have 4 gigs) and put it in my phone and bam audio manager worked perfectly!!! so i took everything off of my memory card and did a QUICK FORMAT as fat 32 and used default allocation. Formatted it put all my music back on and bam audio manager works beautifully!!! so if you follow these steps hopefully it will work for you too..
Weird as mine has always been in 32 since day one I formatted it before putting in my phone as I usually always have an issue with AM at some early point to each Manila/Touchflo ROM

Detroit Doug

Old 09-27-2008, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

J0KER is becoming a great contributor
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
Nice explanation... the 16MB PP being faster may just be in my head. Do you think 6MB stock PP is sufficient? What size do you find most efficient?

I can work this into future versions, I just want feedback from yourseld and other users first.

I also meant to mention that power consumption increases with larger pagepools. I've always assumed the reason for this is due to the additional processing and overhead of maintaining the pool. Others have noted this as well... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=138

I just got my diamond so I am still tinkering to see what works best. I just built my first rom for the diamond using tobey's kitchen. My first two builds have been with 4MB pagepools, so I havent tried zero pp yet either. I can say that the custom rom i downloaded and tested (name of which i will not mention) before building my own had a 12MB pagepool and it seemed extermely slow compared to a 4MB... but that could just be the ROM and not related directly to the PP size.

Guess I have a reason to try a 0 pp now. Will report back w/ my findings.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

yeh would definitely wait for sprint 2.2.1 if theres issues rather than upload a temp ROM. Hopefully well get both 2.2.1's at the same time, Telus users have 2.2 to play with for now if they want. Sprint people still have that battery bug which needs greater attention
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VX6900
Carrier: Verizon

jblade is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
I thought random access was already in my ROM.....but I guess it's not, I will add it in v1.5...

I will also work on the Audio Manager problem....but it's hard since it never happens to me

Also there is a newer Opera out http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=401643
Old 09-27-2008, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint Sero 50

stinkbud is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosdaman View Post
HA!!! I found the fix for Audio Manager ....hehe ancient chinese secret
Calgon?
Old 09-27-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

avgas100 is just getting started

mirror in post #995
Old 09-27-2008, 04:36 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 / Blackberry 9700
Carrier: TELUS Mobility
Threadstarter

Juicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation levelJuicy47 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0KER View Post
I also meant to mention that power consumption increases with larger pagepools. I've always assumed the reason for this is due to the additional processing and overhead of maintaining the pool. Others have noted this as well... http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=138

I just got my diamond so I am still tinkering to see what works best. I just built my first rom for the diamond using tobey's kitchen. My first two builds have been with 4MB pagepools, so I havent tried zero pp yet either. I can say that the custom rom i downloaded and tested (name of which i will not mention) before building my own had a 12MB pagepool and it seemed extermely slow compared to a 4MB... but that could just be the ROM and not related directly to the PP size.

Guess I have a reason to try a 0 pp now. Will report back w/ my findings.
Good catch... I noticed battery life is not as good with 16MB PP

Will be reduced in 2.2.1

Also I failed to remove ceipui.exe (customer feedback) when i upgraded SYS.

Last edited by Juicy47; 09-27-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:47 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_doug View Post
Probably quicker and easier than mine LOL so what is it?

Detroit Doug
there's a rgu that says Audio manager needs this amount of memory to run....and it's for Opal not Vogue
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Whosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWhosdaman should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to Whosdaman Send a message via MSN to Whosdaman Send a message via Yahoo to Whosdaman Send a message via Skype™ to Whosdaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblade View Post
That's in my rom...
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

mekaputra is a n00b
Re: [09/22/08] Juicy ROM 2.1 [TELUS & SPRINT]

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbenedetti View Post
1) Open Google Maps
2) Press Menu
3) Press Options
4) Press GPS Settings
5) Select Manual
6) Select Comm 4
7) Select speed at 57600

After that onece you select Use GPS on the menu it should sync up in less than 10 seconds

Good luck

My LORD - thank you SO much its is working perfectly now. haha

Peace

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development