PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2008, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint PCS

threeFiftyLi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [10/06/08] JUICY ROM 2.4.1 [Full CE OS 5.2.20755][TELUS][Sprint]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock1909 View Post
and to do that you change the PP size to 0 before flash right?
Yep. Just use the included pagepool changer
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

A great birthday present from Juicy to me!

8 hours on idle and I am sitting at 95% battery! Not sure what happened in between 2.2 and 2.41 but I am happy about this. Maybe just the battery meter? Anyway, I will report back later about my results with heavy use.

The new comm manager is great, I love it.

New Opera build is wonderful... landscape problems fixed for real this time!

I'm using a 16 mb pp. It seems great to me... maybe a little more consistent than 0. I tried 32 also and I really can't tell a difference between 16 and 32.

Anyway, I am a happy camper. Thanks a bunch Juicy!
Old 10-07-2008, 01:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

crazymike is keeping up the good workcrazymike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by david7586 View Post
Thank you Juicy for this fantastic release.

I noticed starting with 2.4 the HUGE difference there is in battery life. I used 2.4 yesterday and was able to comfortably get through the day with about 50% left as opposed to the 15% left on previous ROM releases. I changed the PP to 32 MB, and I havent noticed any stability issues.

I do notice one issue, and it is that the phone will wake up on text messages. this can be problematic because I dont use a screen locker ie S2U2. I tried a registry edit @ HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL\DisableSMSWakeUpEvent (used a value of 1), but this is not working. Do you know of a solution to this?

Thank you!
i would love too get an answer for this as well.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

xxza is becoming a great contributor

you are welcome. My sprint diamond gets heated much faster when I used 32mb pagepool. As for the performance, I haven't noticed any performance difference either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheltem View Post
Thanks xxza. To answer my own performance question, I haven't noticed any performance difference between 6mb and a 32mb pagepool. Although I was running DHarvey's 10/2/08 rom prior, so the comparison isn't perfect.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike View Post
i would love too get an answer for this as well.
Any tweaking app like Advance Config or Diamond Tweak will allow you to change this quite easily.

Everyone should really be running these free tools.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

After running 1/2 a work day with 2.4.1 on my Diamond I thought I would report back on battery life. At work in I sit in an area with horrible cell coverage. On at normal day I would drop to 40% by lunch. Today I am at 70%. Clearly an improvement.

Remember that if anyone helps you, let everyone know by clicking Thanks.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

xxza is becoming a great contributor

About the same here. I really think sprint/htc should release a new radio to fix the battery drain issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
After running 1/2 a work day with 2.4.1 on my Diamond I thought I would report back on battery life. At work in I sit in an area with horrible cell coverage. On at normal day I would drop to 40% by lunch. Today I am at 70%. Clearly an improvement.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dkotoric is becoming a great contributor

Hey Juicy thanks for keeping things green on the Sprint ROM the Yellow from sprint is ugly.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

sdafasdlkfj is just getting started

if the battery drain is a radio issue.. how can the Juicy roms solve the problem. I thought his roms didn't touch the radios
Old 10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff
Question Re: [10/06/08] JUICY ROM 2.4.1 [Full CE OS 5.2.20755][TELUS][Sprint]

First off, Juicy you are the effin man! I know a crazy amount of work goes in to putting together these ROMs and you do this outside of your job and family and social life etc, so a tip of the hat to you sir . I'm sure I speak for everyone here when I say we truly appreciate it and you are an invaluable asset to this community.

I would however, like to request some objective analysis and inquiry into the battery issue. Abysmal battery life has been my primary concern with the Diamond so far. Is it just a placebo effect that we're experiencing with battery life on your new builds or is there truly something in the ROM that can explain why/how battery life is better? For an example of specific testing, check out this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39192

Again, thanks for your continued effort

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development