PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 12:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

pffft juicy... nevermind tweaking the release

its time to move onto Android on the diamond LOL! agh oh i wish!

Your rom is looking great man... keep up the good work!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

crazymike is keeping up the good workcrazymike is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
Advance Config tool will turn it off.

I prefer to leave it on and run s2U2 with the new sms notification option turned on so you can be notified while the screen is locked.
where exactly is this option in advanced
config ?

searched every where for it.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymike View Post
where exactly is this option in advanced
config ?

searched every where for it.
I'm sorry... I got my tweaking programs confused. It's in Sushi's Diamond Tweak program under the SMS settings.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Tuch Diamond

psyko_chewbacca is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicy47 View Post
The ROM is near perfect now, but I have some things I am focusing my attention on next, and that is added landscape support, including cleartype.

I'm also working on a modded comm manager for 2.3

I don't use VOIP, and it's not really a priority for me or many other users. More of an addon, and I don't have any experience in this regard... so I don't think I can be much help.
Thats sad because free outgoing calls is great when you only have 200 minutes on weekdays. Well if you ever changge your mind that would be awesome!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Telus HTC Diamond

sedwo is just getting started
Cool Re: [09/27/08] Juicy ROM 2.2 [CE OS 5.2.20755 | 16MB PP]

Ok, I figured out what the deal was with the Tahoma font issue and my app.

Apparently, the Tahoma font files in \Windows are different. This was proven when I looked at the WM6 Device Emulator and compared the files.

Results:

[Device Emulator]
tahoma.ttf = 128kb
tahomabd.ttf = 129kb

[Juicy ROM v2.22]
tahoma.ttf = 144kb
tahomabd.ttf = 127kb

My app worked fine on JuicyROM v1.06, but then messed up on v2.22 because the font metrics changed and in turn my button sizes were wrong. As was the alignment and such.

So I took the two font files from the WM6 Device Emulator and copied them over to my Diamond in \Windows. Soft Reset and voila! Everything is back to normal again.

I'm not sure what caused the font file change, and don't have JuicyROM v1.06 anymore to verify the files sizes there.

But at least now we know.

Enjoy. =D>
Old 09-29-2008, 08:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

karana is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyko_chewbacca View Post
Thats sad because free outgoing calls
Please elaborate which VoIP provider are you using?
Old 09-29-2008, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Has anyone notice the Lag on GPS is a little better, or is it just me
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

rollrsk8ter is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghebbns View Post
Actually I was having an opposite problem. With 2.2, I was getting between 1 & 3 signal bars in my office. I flashed back to 1.08 and now have a solid 4 bars. I'm on Telus.

On a somewhat related note, I am getting pretty horrible speeds on dslreports/mspeed. Like between 150-300. Any reason why this might be so low?

Thanks for all of your help.
I so some strange results from my testing of speeds on the internet. I was on stock Sprint yesterday and did some non-scientific tests with 1 meg file off dslreports/mspeed and then flashed Juicy 2.2 and here is what I saw

Stock Sprint Rom
1038 opera
1042 IE
1723 IE with Wifi
1858 opera with wifi

Juicy 2.2 for Sprint
646 Opera
894 IE
433 Opera with wifi
1964 IE with wifi

Edit: These tests were taken from the exact same place ( most left part of my couch)
Edit (again): I did not run the dcd_Sprint_Carrier, should I ?

I took off the charger 1 hour ago exactly and battery has dropped to 85% with no activity except for a couple speeds tests

Thanks for everyone's hard work on Juicy Rom!

Last edited by rollrsk8ter; 09-29-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond Sprint Juicy Rom 2.1

jca15 is a n00b

Juicy,

Thanks for your hard work on getting these ROMs built, they are fantastic. I'm having one small issue with the Sprint ROM 2.1. When I adjust the Ring Volume it also adjusts the System Volume. It will not independently adjust volume settings. I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if it is corrected in the 2.2 ROM?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

JCA15
Old 09-29-2008, 10:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

ghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on repghettofreeryder is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jca15 View Post
Juicy,

Thanks for your hard work on getting these ROMs built, they are fantastic. I'm having one small issue with the Sprint ROM 2.1. When I adjust the Ring Volume it also adjusts the System Volume. It will not independently adjust volume settings. I wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing this and if it is corrected in the 2.2 ROM?

Thanks and keep up the great work!

JCA15
Thats the way volume adjust buttons have worked in WM since the dawn of time. Maybe even before. Its normal

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development