PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Iusacell Mexico

Sabroso is keeping up the good workSabroso is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Arrow Xtask and Xhook Configure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyamante View Post
Hi, thanks for the link. Tried out Xtask from this site. Checked the settings per instructions. Still not closing programs. I'm sure I'm missing something. Gotta catch some zzzz's. Will pick it up tomorrow.
RANDYAMANTE,
"Xtask.exe & Xhook.exe" do the trick, Just unzip both file to the MAIN MEMORY, to "programs files/xtask/" then run Xtask.exe and look for the little yellow arrow on the right corner, press it and goto "System" --> "Setting". In the first TAB "Mark": "[X] close windows", in the second TAB "Mark": "Automatic Close Activesync". In the third TAB "Mark": "PosFix WM 6.5.3" if you use a WM 6.5.x OS and in the Fourth TAB, on the right in the "Project item" choose the "TABs" you want to appear in Xtask, personally I only choose: "TaskMan" and "Process" in "Small" view.
EDIT: (download Feb 16 2010 version 2.19 from here)
in order to "X" press chose the actual program, you need to select "autoload xhook.exe with windows startup", since Xhook make the trick and also it will show in the "Status Bar" (the one at the top) the different icons of what apps are running. So if you like to Multitasking this allow you to jump between
open/running programs, I wish someone make something more Thumbfriendly as in Android "jump between Aplication".
For using xhook in the first TAB "Mark": "Autorun Xhook" and "Show icon" and choose a number you want. I recomend mark "Hidden part of the title text". and that is basically.
I also create a Shortcut to xtask in the fourth TAB to "start menu".
Anyone have a better setting(configuration)???
Best Regards Sabroso.
Perfection is not a place where you arrive, it is the very journey itself where aletheia would become

Last edited by Sabroso; 02-27-2010 at 04:44 AM. Reason: mispell corrections, add/correct details
Old 02-15-2010, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014 / 23529]

Amikam do you have original slider that is not transparent because everytime I try a new slider the selected tab is blank
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenShot1.jpg (11.8 KB, 20 views) Click for barcode!
Old 02-15-2010, 03:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

randyamante is a n00b
Re: Xtask and Xhook Configure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabroso View Post
RANDYAMANTE,
"Xtask.exe & Xhook.exe" do the trick, Just unzip both file to the MAIN MEMORY, to "programs files/xtask/" then run Xtask.exe and look for the little yellow arrow on the right corner, press it and goto "System" --> "Setting". In the first TAB "Mark": "[X] close windows", in the second TAB "Mark": "Automatic Close Activesync". In the third TAB "Mark": "PosFix WM 6.5.3" if you use a WM 6.5.x OS and in the Fourth TAB, on the right in the "Project item" choose the "TABs" you want to appear in Xtask, personally I only choose: "TaskMan" and "Process" in "Small" view. I don't see the need to autoload xhook.exe with windows startup, since Xhook only show in the "Status Bar" (the one at the top) the different icons of what apps are running, since "X" close the program.
Thank you for the suggestion. I tried it and still programs are left open. I opened File Explorer, Album, Solitaire just to name a few and when 'X' to close they're still open when I check the tasklist. Will wait for solution to be cooked in.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:26 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014 / 23529]

Quote:
Originally Posted by COWHEAD View Post
Amikam do you have original slider that is not transparent because everytime I try a new slider the selected tab is blank
probably not... what happens is that even if i do get u the original slider u will see the original images in the empty space, and not the black icons.
in order to get a clear slider the files that are changing the slider thing... and some of the icons are being replaced by see though images.
i can try and check if i still have the original slider files... but i dont think youll get the result u want out of it...
the theme u using, i actually tried before my self, and it seems that it has those files missing... and that means that u will see the original images everytime your slider will be on a different tab and not the black ones.
although there is one or two more files that are not images that might need to be changed also...
ill put those files up for by tomorrow... so u can check it yourself.
it could work but i gave up before even trying to fix it for myself, so i'm not sure.

If you like my work feel free to buy me some pencils
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 10:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO SPRINT
Carrier: Tricom

krlosRD is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: [2/12/2010] MikROM [Sense 2.5 | WM6.5 / WM6.5.x | SYS 21891 / 28014 / 23529]

@AmiKam: Excellent ROM. I used Energy for a loooong time and decided to test yours. [You know the flashing fever]

I don't like too much the all-in-black theme or the background but I like the stability, free memory available and the app cooked in.

Something else is that you keep checking the comments of this forum and listen to them.

Keep going!!! =D>
Old 02-15-2010, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

JAChavez99 is keeping up the good workJAChavez99 is keeping up the good work

I think I may have had my first actual bug after several days of running the latest 6.5.x other than the buggy Manila Locker. I tried Wi-Fi router but could not get it to work, it kept returning an error message. Anyone had any luck using it? Also not sure if it's supposed to be that way but the Comm Manager has a setting for 3G, and is missing Wi-Fi router option. Thanks!

EDIT: I also just noticed that in writing a text message in landscape does not work properly, the letters pressed are not the letters displayed. Also I meant to ask which, if any, battery life tweaks you include. Thanks again!

Last edited by JAChavez99; 02-15-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Question about the latest 6.5 ROM (not the 6.5.x): When a calendar reminder goes off, is there any way to snooze it for a particular amount of time like 5 minutes or 15 minutes or 1 day like in the old stock Windows versions? It seems that in this manila, there are only 2 options - snooze or dismiss. Snooze just snoozes for 5 mins automatically, doesn't give you the option to pick the amount of time.

Thanks.
Old 02-15-2010, 05:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

HEDRICKMS is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post
Question about the latest 6.5 ROM (not the 6.5.x): When a calendar reminder goes off, is there any way to snooze it for a particular amount of time like 5 minutes or 15 minutes or 1 day like in the old stock Windows versions? It seems that in this manila, there are only 2 options - snooze or dismiss. Snooze just snoozes for 5 mins automatically, doesn't give you the option to pick the amount of time.

Thanks.
I think this is the default behavior for the HTC notifications. I know some older ROMs didnt cook in the HTC notification and used the wm notification where it had options for setting the snooze behavior. I dont think there is a way to change this but I could be wrong.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEDRICKMS View Post
I think this is the default behavior for the HTC notifications. I know some older ROMs didnt cook in the HTC notification and used the wm notification where it had options for setting the snooze behavior. I dont think there is a way to change this but I could be wrong.
Found a solution to fix this!

Cab attached.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Snooze_Options.cab (126.2 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:12 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAChavez99 View Post
I think I may have had my first actual bug after several days of running the latest 6.5.x other than the buggy Manila Locker. I tried Wi-Fi router but could not get it to work, it kept returning an error message. Anyone had any luck using it? Also not sure if it's supposed to be that way but the Comm Manager has a setting for 3G, and is missing Wi-Fi router option. Thanks!

EDIT: I also just noticed that in writing a text message in landscape does not work properly, the letters pressed are not the letters displayed. Also I meant to ask which, if any, battery life tweaks you include. Thanks again!
wifi works good for me, maybe try to change the settings from balanced to performance... i hope u know what i mean and where it is.
the commgr is a port to vga made by programatix at xda... so yes... the 3g option is there, but u dont have to use it... as far as wifi router.. just push on internet sharing... its the same thing... not sure why its named like that, but that would take u to wifi router.
keyboard issue is known to me... although sometimes it works and sometimes dont... weird... its probably a result of switching back to the older build... i'll put back a newer ver in the next update.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development