PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: MysteryROM Kitchen

Mystery.
you forgot to update netcf to 3.5 in the 21883 sys.
for anyone who wonders what to do, you can just copy the one from sys 21882 over instead, just don't forget to erase the old netcf folder before u do so.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

seamus is just getting started

Really liking so far. Only one issue to speak of - My Location. I'm on Telus and the My Location feature doesn't quite work. For weather it finally finds me and provides me with the location "Ontario" which is like saying that Dallas has a location of Texas. Google Maps absolutely can't find me at all without the GPS turned on. IS there some fix or CAB we have to add to get CDMA tower triangulation. In NRG's ROM's the Google and Weather apps both find me within a couple of hundred meters. But I haven't seen this in anybody else's ROMS.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:53 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamus View Post
Really liking so far. Only one issue to speak of - My Location. I'm on Telus and the My Location feature doesn't quite work. For weather it finally finds me and provides me with the location "Ontario" which is like saying that Dallas has a location of Texas. Google Maps absolutely can't find me at all without the GPS turned on. IS there some fix or CAB we have to add to get CDMA tower triangulation. In NRG's ROM's the Google and Weather apps both find me within a couple of hundred meters. But I haven't seen this in anybody else's ROMS.
dude... if u read my long post u would see that agps is missing... that might be the problem, so try downloading from xda 2.5 thread and cook it.
maybe u also forgot to change the carrier package from sprint to generic.
it seems sometimes that google maps actually is required by the weather tab to get the exact location. some of the time it worked without and some of the times it didnt(but probably due to a bad flash).
one thing for sure is that if u make sure that the carrier is generic and add agps + google maps(either before or after flash) everything should work.
if not u try the "flash dance" and then try again.
after that everything should work fine for u.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:43 PM
iondokk

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Today I cooked up 28009 sense for my sprint the only change i made was I turned off Opera 9.5 and turned on Oprea 10 and when it loaded I couldn't open any Emails, any body have any ideas... Maybe just a bad build try again
Old 12-08-2009, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by amikam View Post
dude... if u read my long post u would see that agps is missing... that might be the problem, so try downloading from xda 2.5 thread and cook it.
maybe u also forgot to change the carrier package from sprint to generic.
it seems sometimes that google maps actually is required by the weather tab to get the exact location. some of the time it worked without and some of the times it didnt(but probably due to a bad flash).
one thing for sure is that if u make sure that the carrier is generic and add agps + google maps(either before or after flash) everything should work.
if not u try the "flash dance" and then try again.
after that everything should work fine for u.
I DID read your post, but have never had any luck with ROM's that have the aGPS built in. I'm not sure what provides the location to Google and Weather in NRG's ROMs but am pretty certain this is not it. However, just to try it again, I went to XDA (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...51&postcount=3) and downloaded the aGPS confirmation that many say is necessary. Built it into a CAB with a generic carrier, flashed and applied my Telus DCD and voila - NADA, nothing. Still cannot find My Location in Google Maps or Weather.

Anybody else with a suggestion about how to get it to work. Except for this, (and a few issues of coordinating Favorites and Bookmarks in Opera 10), this kitchen builds the sweetest ROM's I've had.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment, Diamond
Carrier: SPRINT

COWHEAD is keeping up the good workCOWHEAD is keeping up the good work

1st Thank you Mystery for your kitchen. Now my question, After I convert CABs to EXT_packages where do I place them so they get installed? Example: If I have a custom clock, and taskbar where does it go another is the program Quick Menu. Sorry! Noob trying to learn. Thanks!

Last edited by COWHEAD; 12-08-2009 at 06:07 PM. Reason: added to post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:27 PM
iondokk

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
Today I cooked up 28009 sense for my sprint the only change i made was I turned off Opera 9.5 and turned on Oprea 10 and when it loaded I couldn't open any Emails, any body have any ideas... Maybe just a bad build try again
well I tried it again today to no avail with no changes just 28009 straight up the way you have it set up and when I go to active sync it dosen't give me that opening page you normally see. So if I go to menu and put in my settings everything comes over but I cannot open emails at all the screen will flash and stay right where it is. i really want to try this rom it is awesome all but the Email... Thanx Mystery
Old 12-09-2009, 09:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Actually, the email is one of the REALLY GREAT THINGS about 2.5. I can actually read most of the full email in manila and "flick" to next and previous. NO problems updating emails. However, all my emails are updated from hotmail/WindowsLive so maybe that makes a difference. Oops, forgot that I used 21883 not 28009.

I don't believe the problems are with Opera 10 as I selected the same option you did. Still playing with Opera 10 - looks great but need to figure out where the bookmarks are and how to manipulate between IE Favorites and Bookmarks

Last edited by seamus; 12-09-2009 at 09:51 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting
Threadstarter

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by iondokk View Post
well I tried it again today to no avail with no changes just 28009 straight up the way you have it set up and when I go to active sync it dosen't give me that opening page you normally see. So if I go to menu and put in my settings everything comes over but I cannot open emails at all the screen will flash and stay right where it is. i really want to try this rom it is awesome all but the Email... Thanx Mystery
Yeah I have mention this before in my ROM thread, I think it is a problem with 2800X SYS's that is why I don't use it in my ROMs anymore.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:59 AM
iondokk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystery View Post
Yeah I have mention this before in my ROM thread, I think it is a problem with 2800X SYS's that is why I don't use it in my ROMs anymore.
I am on Energy's ROM right now and it works fine ( I just don't like all of the xtra programs and lack of others that he uses) would really like to see this working LOVE your ROM's. Have been using your ROM's since the begining and believe that other than this one, that yours are superior, guess i will go back to your 28002 nov 26 ROM, had great luck with that one...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development