PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2009, 01:43 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC ONE
Carrier: Ting

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Dec.26.09] MysteryROM Kitchen 21887 Sense 2.1 & Sense 2.5

I have set up the kitchen to my likings, it is very easy to use and you will get the hang of it really quick, I hope.

There is 3 different saved ROMs in my kitchen, each for a different sys with Sense 2.5, Manila 2.1, and Titanium only.

Check second post for a more detailed explanation on how to use the kitchen.

Previous Kitchens

Mystery's Visual Kitchen [Dec.06.2009]

Changelog:
Code:
Dec.25.2009
[+] Sense 2.1 port
[+] 21887 SYS
[#] Major kitchen arrangement
[#] More packages

Dec.05.2009
-Initial Release

Last edited by Mystery; 12-26-2009 at 03:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 15 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Mystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the communityMystery is a trusted member of the community
Re: MysteryROM Kitchen

First things first, open up my kitchen. One you have it open, double click on "Ervious Kitchen"

Tha kitchen will open. Now go to the top left of the kitchen and select load ROM

As you can see, you have 9 different templates to choose from, there is three different ROMs for each sys, Sense 2.5, Manila 2.1, and Titanium only. Select which ever one you like more and click open. Once you click open the kitchen will setup all the Packages required for it.

Once all the packages are setup you will get this:

From here you can select/deselect which ever programs you want to include in the ROM. Green/True means the it will be included, and grey/false means it will be excluded. In the middle of the kitchen you see "ROM ver." This is the name display when flashing the ROM through the Update Utility. You can also change this here as well.

I recommend that you DO NOT deselect any programs in the SYS or OEM folders unless you know what you are doing.

Once you have all your programs selected save your ROM so you don't have to do it again. Click Save ROM on the top left, then put in whatever you want to call the ROM.

After doing all of this, you can now create the ROM. Click on "Create ROM" on the top left of the kitchen.

Do not press anything on the kitchen while it is building the ROM. It will take a few minutes, depending on your computer speed.

Once it finishes the building ROM process the page pool changer will come up. The higher the page pool, the faster the ROM will be. Keep in mind that if you use a higher page pool, you will have less program memory. The default page pool is 6, I always change it to 24 when releasing my ROMs.

If you want to change the page pool click on select, it should automatically take you to the RUU_signed.nbh, select it and change it to whatever you want.

Click change to then close. If you want to leave it in 6, just close the pagepool changer when it comes up. After this, the Update Utility should come up and you know what to do after this.

Last edited by Mystery; 12-06-2009 at 02:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:44 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Explanations of whats what:

1.What's a kitchen?
It is different tools, packages, etc put together to build a ROM.

2.What's an EXT?

An EXT is the same thing as a cab but converted to a package for the visual kitchen so it can be included in the ROM.

3.How can I build my own ROM?

Look at the above post.

What's in the kitchen and what is it use for:

Safe to remove/edit!
Unsafe to remove/edit unless you know what you are doing!
Don't mess with it!

EXT>Diamond>6.5>Packages>
Packages/Programs that are use for 6.5 ROMs only like 21882.

EXT>Diamond>6.5.x>Packages>

Packages/Programs that are use for 6.5.X ROMs only like 28009 or 21612.

EXT>Diamond>Common>Packages>
Includes the carrier packages and FM Radio.

EXT>Shared>010_HTCSense_1921_Main>
This has all the files for Sense 2.5 in WVGA form. Do not touch this unless you know what you are doing, I have made huge changes to this and if you change something, sense 2.5 might not work.

EXT>Shared>011_HTCSense_1921_Required>
This are all the required packages for Sense 2.5 to work properly. Do not touch this either.

EXT>Shared>020_HTCSense_Manila_2.5.1921_VGA>

This are the resized manila files for VGA devices. It replaces the manila files from the "010_HTCSense_1921_Main" WVGA so it can fit our screens.

EXT>Shared>020_HTCSense_1921_Tweaks>
Includes all the Sense 2.5 Tweaks that I find useful for us.

EXT>Shared>020_HTCSense_Manila_2.5.1921_Mods>
Included all the Sense 2.5 modifications I find usefull for use. You can add more if you like, just visit the sense 2.5 port thread over at xda.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications>

Useful applications, you can remove anything from here you know you won't need.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_System>

System Applications, you can remove some of this but make sure you know what you are removing, some are needed for the ROM to work. I recommend you don't touch this though.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Extras>
Additional applications that I personally don't use but included them in the kitchen for you guys to add if you need them.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Games>

Games

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Manila 2.1>

All the packages needed for manila 2.1 to work.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Multimedia>

Multimedia Packages.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Phone>
Packages needed for Rhodium Dialer.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_SIP>

The keyboard I use in my ROM, don't remove anything from here unless you know what you are doing. If you disabled this packages, you will have no keyboard in your ROM, and that won't be fun at all.

EXT>Shared>Packages_Applications_Tweaks_Mystery>
Tweaks that I found useful for me, it includes my custom folders and icons.

Files Folder>
Not useful for you guys, just delete it, you don't need it.

MyTools folder> Tools use to build the ROM and create EXTs etc.

OEM>Diamond>.VM>
Don't touch

OEM>Diamond>0409>
Packages in OEM form. This are System packages that are needed for the phone to work properly. The only way to disabled this ones is by deleting the package from this folder. I recommend that you don't touch them unless you know what you are doing.

OEM>Diamond>Common>
More Packages in OEM form. This are also System Packages, if you remove/modify any of this packages the ROM might now boot. Do not mess with this unless you know what you are doing.

Release_Diamond folder>
This is were the RUU_Signed is put after building the ROM. This is what you need to zip up if you want to release your ROM. You can also change the pagepool from here.

ROM>Diamond>
ROM>Shared>

XIP for the ROM, don't mess with it unless you are adding a new SYS to the Kitchen.

SYS>
This is where that SYS's are put in, don't change anything in the included SYS unless you know what you are doing like adding a new SYS.

Tools Folder>
More tools for the kitchen to work properly.

.....more to come

Last edited by Mystery; 12-06-2009 at 03:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Bell

omnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuffomnicronx knows their stuff

cool, nice to see more kitchens!! Keep up the good work as usual Mystery
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Youdaman!!! oh yes da man!!
Old 12-06-2009, 03:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

u r just going all out... very nice... thanks for all the work and for actually getting everything to work with almost no bugs in your roms.
Old 12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
ICE
Pocket PC: Motorola Everything
Carrier: Big RED

smiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIPsmiznith is a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to smiznith

wow! a new kitchen to play with! thanks mystery!
Old 12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Here is the new 21883 SYS. I will upload all my SYS's here so you can grab them yourself.
http://exoid.com/Mystery/SYS/
Old 12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

WarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWarAxe is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Great to see this!!!
Old 12-06-2009, 11:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

amikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributionsamikam should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I just love the way u have it all set up, really easy to customize everything now just by following your organization.
i always had issues with organizing the start menu the way i like it and now it's all so easy because its all set in one folder for the start menu and one for the icons, too sweet...
i do have a few questions though...
i noticed in your pre saved rom of 2.5 21882 that u included the wm6.1 tweak and took out message enhance also. do u mind telling me why.
i knew that messaging client needed to be taken off but not message enhanced also... but it works...
also, i had weather tab going online automatically before, and after a while it requires me to be already connected for an update. if u know what reg edit that might be that have changed somehow? (that was an issue for me with your rom also).
also, telenav is trying to access the quick gps database and keeps getting an error, i doesn't really change anything cuz everything work besides a popup screen that shows the error "cradle was not found". like i said telenav still works but maybe theres a way to lose that popup.
and i guess that location setting from the manila setting menu dont work but that probably because "agps" is not included at all in the rom or the kitchen is there a specific reason for that?
would tellme work without voice command installed?
sorry for all the questions, but i would really like to know before i start adding any packages if they might mess up anything for me.
thanks.

Last edited by amikam; 12-07-2009 at 12:00 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development