PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2009, 07:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

lightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stufflightninjay knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: girlfriend moved out-wont give back phone....

Jeez, that's harsh. I only recommend this if you have a particularly aggressive and deserving gf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titaniumgiant View Post
Call the police and report it stolen and you know exactly where it is at and/or who has it.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

So, my recommendation would be to do all of the above that has been suggested so far. First, call the police to report it stolen. You don't necessarily have to incriminate your ex, you're just doing this to get a police report. Next, call Sprint and report the phone stolen, giving them the police report number (this will prevent the phone from being able to be activated in the future, unless you call Sprint again and tell them the phone was returned to you). Finally, until you can afford a new phone leave the service suspended - or if you have an old phone just activate that one for now. The only advantage having TEP would have given you in this instance is that you'd pay a $100 deductible for a replacement instead of having to pay full price.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Good stuff here.
Just remember... As long as you have girlfriends or wife or kids... One of the most important things to have is insurance. Insure your phone, your car, your golf clubs, your tv, you name it.
You can pick up a renter's insurance very cheaply if you aren't a home owner. And yes... You will have a deductible... but you know... One of these days she's gonna put one of your golf clubs through your tv or something like that. lol.
Not that I would know.
lol.
Good advice here.
p.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: spint

gsrboy171 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
Good stuff here.
Just remember... As long as you have girlfriends or wife or kids... One of the most important things to have is insurance. Insure your phone, your car, your golf clubs, your tv, you name it.
You can pick up a renter's insurance very cheaply if you aren't a home owner. And yes... You will have a deductible... but you know... One of these days she's gonna put one of your golf clubs through your tv or something like that. lol.
Not that I would know.
lol.
Good advice here.
p.
made my day. haha lol!!
Old 12-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO/BOLD/Photon
Carrier: Sprint!

relisted is keeping up the good workrelisted is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to relisted Send a message via Skype™ to relisted

yes report phone.
or unless its a brand new one and you have the box with the matching esn..
its over 200$ and in texas they will go after that. its a felony if its over a certain amount of money.
so say its a tp2.
thats like 550?600? yeah lol

If someone helps you,click the "THANKS" button!
Or consider donating to chef or your rom!
Old 12-02-2009, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul(RIP), Pro2, evo4
Carrier: sprint

hidaya is a n00b
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to hidaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdave View Post
I have suspended the service and the phone dosen't have insurance on it.
I know that suspending the service makes my contract longer and I'm not billed for the suspended service. Other than making a trip to California from Texas anyone else have any other options.?

RD
read the advice given, would like to inform you that ive had a similar experience and suspending the service to it did not extend my contract, i did however recieve a monthy bill for the phone it was less than 10 per month. try calling and getting the lowest service plan on that phne i beliee that is 5 per month plan n keeping said line suspended. i dont hink the line suspention extended my contract because the contract on that phne ended alonge with the other phone line that i had opended at the same time.
Old 12-12-2009, 07:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro-GPS
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

Rangerdave is keeping up the good workRangerdave is keeping up the good work

Well ok heres the update-and outcome....
Her cats were still here at my house, needing to see the vet, get the paperwork and crap so they can fly back to cali. She kept stating that she had the phone with her, but it was a never show to my mailbox. She then had carriers, packing packs and padding for the cats shipped to the house.
After I concluded that she has proken the phone, and I'm not going to see a working phone-I informed her that the cats wont leave untill she replaces the phone-or pays the etf fee. Or I would have all the crap shipped back through fedex to the original vendor and the cats stay while she flys out thinking about all the money she spent being a doomass..!
She pays the etf fee and then some.
So now I have changed my plan to the lowest amount of minutes with all the access of the smart phone.

Life can come out good..

Last edited by Rangerdave; 12-12-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-12-2009, 10:17 PM
domo arigato mr roboto
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint since Feb 11, 2002

elephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelephant007 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangerdave View Post
I have suspended the service and the phone dosen't have insurance on it.
I know that suspending the service makes my contract longer and I'm not billed for the suspended service. Other than making a trip to California from Texas anyone else have any other options.?

RD
File all your documents in a small claims court and take some action. I agree on life lesson learned, you can get some justice though (hopefully) and just know not to do it again. If she agreed with you for anything about the phone account, it's a contract... if she is not holding up her part she broke the contract and you have actionable cause
File in your local small claims court and if she doesn't show you will get a default judgment... then she will get a surprise on her credit report until she pays you back... alternatively you can file HERE and get JUSTICE!!

This is just IMHO

Don't let her get away scotch free!!!
Old 12-13-2009, 01:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

siptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsiptang1227 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good to hear things worked out well for you bud.
And elephant, I'm holding onto that link lol

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion