PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint in SoCal data issues

Haven't tried it out and about, but at home connected to my Airave, I have no problems accessing data. Then again, it's not EVDO, perhaps it's an EVDO problem?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfenesan View Post
Didn't say it had anything to do with custom roms. But unfortunately neither myself or others have been able to update their PRL on a custom ROM. Seems like the only way to update the PRL is to flash back to stock, run the update then flash back to custom ROM.

Had issues with my TP2 and my wifes TP. Flashing to stock and back to custom was the only thing that took care of my phones. Their both back up and running now...
Sounds like your not running the right custom rom then.. Mine updates profile and PRL ota with no problems =] Either way it doesn't fix the issue..
Old 11-04-2009, 04:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

danielfenesan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by superevilllama View Post
Sounds like your not running the right custom rom then.. Mine updates profile and PRL ota with no problems =] Either way it doesn't fix the issue..
what rom you running?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
what rom you running?
one built out of the latest erice kitchen. everything works, haven't come across any issues whatsoever other than the data thing which is Sprint network related.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Did Someone Drop An EMP Bomb ? No Data

Quote:
Also in PHX..

...constantly from EV to 1X then seems to lose signal and get back to EV again, only to repeat it a few minutes later. SMS are comming through with an hour off time as well. Anyone else having these issues?
Anyone... anyone at all? sms with incorrect time stamp hour later???
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Re: Did Someone Drop An EMP Bomb ? No Data

according to the outage notifications, it appears sprint has just taken a massive poo on all systems:

http://search.sprint.com/inquiraapp/...ion_box=outage

QUOTED:
The Sprint outage is nationwide and they don't know when they will have it fixed. It has been down since Tuesday of this week. It only applies to new accounts or ESN swaps from Tuesday on. I have been a customer for 12 years and just did a phone swap on Wednesday and have not had data since. I have worked with level 2 tech support and they are telling everyone that it is a national issue. I would recommend that everyone requests huge credits to your account for this huge inconvenience. I have lost thousands of dollars in business already because I wasn't able to receive and respond to emails while away from my office. Sprint has been pretty reliable with Data for the most part. This is the worst I have seen in 12 years and hopefully isn't a sign of things to come. We can't bash RIM anymore for having email outages.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Didn't say it had anything to do with custom roms. But unfortunately neither myself or others have been able to update their PRL on a custom ROM. Seems like the only way to update the PRL is to flash back to stock, run the update then flash back to custom ROM.

Had issues with my TP2 and my wifes TP. Flashing to stock and back to custom was the only thing that took care of my phones. Their both back up and running now...
Whenever you flash any ROM it will always erase the updated PRL. As for Sprint Updaters not working in custom ROMs, more than likely the ROM makers did not include two important SprintDCM modules that are necessary to make the update programs work. Without these, the icons will be there, but they will do nothing.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i930, TP & TP2
Carrier: Sprint & Nextel

hunterintusttin is keeping up the good workhunterintusttin is keeping up the good work

I had the problems on Sprint Roms but data service and speed seem to be back up. Will be travelling back to OC later today and I would hate not to listen to my favorite online radio while driving.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=14

Check it out..
Old 11-04-2009, 04:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Rgamer84 is just getting started

Quote:
"It only applies to new accounts or ESN swaps from Tuesday on."

I have not done an esn swap and i am not a new account.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion