PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think I make a good choice in dropping the SERO plan for the Everything plan?
Yes, at least now you wont have a problem activating any phone. 10 50.00%
No, you should've kept SERO. Can't go wrong with it. 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2009, 05:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Touch Diamond/BlackBerry Tour 9630
Carrier: Sprint

basilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuffbasilray knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Just dropped my SERO plan for the everything plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
That's nonsense and an invalid argument!! My gf's on an Everything data family plan for 130 + 60 more for a total 5 lines. After a 25% discount you're talking 143/5 = 28 dollars and some change per line, so how do you get off telling people that a plan that costs more per line than the one I listed is "hurting ALL Sprint customers"
If Anything, sprint's making more more (and yes I'm arguing lol) off Sero plans because people can't get the Pre, Hero, etc, and those are the phones they lose the most money on via subsiding. Furthermore, my gf gets a free upgrade every year due to being premier, which is an additional cost.
I mean nothing personal, but I'm just tired of people spewing this crap that makes no logical sense, and don't even throw anytime minutes at me as an excuse. We all know no one on the newer plans is using anything other than their unlimited anytime mobile minutes.

Just my op
If Sprint was making all kinds of money off SERO plans, why wouldn't they still be offering them?

Because of the low premium those customer's pay, Sprint doesn't make as much money. If Sprint makes more money, they subsidize better handsets at a high subsidization rate, increase service areas, hire/retain better employees, and the world is a better place. And that's how it hurts customers.

I also did end my statement by telling the OP he/she made the right move, so yeah.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hero!!!

mconig78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The SERO plan was for employees and ex employees only. Then someone found a way to get around it and took advantage of it for so many years. Now people that are told they have to change plans to get one of the new phones are *****ing about it. You have paid so much less than any competitor in the past few years with SERO. Try and go to another provider and get anything close to what you can on Sprint plans. That family plan was good I had it years ago with 4 lines and 2000 minutes and wasnt even paying over $100 a month. But I didnt need the 4 lines anymore so I went to a different plan. Still paying alot less than any other provider. I would like to see the percentage of people who actually should have the SERO plan compared to the people that are on SERO because they got around the system. If you can get the TP2 on SERO then stay with it but dont complain if you have to pay 20 more a month just to get a new phone. They need to pay for the phones somehow. Go to ATT or Verizon and pay 40 or 50 more a month and come crying back to Sprint. My thoughts...
Old 11-18-2009, 05:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola Q9c/Touch Pro

dibara2003 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mconig78 View Post
The SERO plan was for employees and ex employees only. Then someone found a way to get around it and took advantage of it for so many years.
Actually, Sprint, at one time, had a promotion where they gave the public access to SERO. It was a part of a promotion and they even gave an email to use to sign up for it. I'd post a screenshot of that promo, but idk where I saved it to.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion