PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Big Red

kashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkashabrown is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to kashabrown
Re: I told verizon I want to cancel and go with AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by animez View Post
Besides HardSPL is coming, it's just a matter of time.
Exactly. Why is EVERYONE making such a huge deal over 6.5 on the official/carrier ROM - when the unlocker comes out - we will have choices in front of us from some of the best rom cookers out there!!
Old 10-08-2009, 09:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC/Vz Touch Pro
Carrier: VzW

Big Calhoun is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
bstan -> no offense, but the cell companies are not ignorant and don't always go for the 'I am switching' routine. I had better luck with Sprint when I asked them nicely for a $100 credit since Verizon was selling the phone for less money. I explained that I was an early adopter of the TP2 and I was fine paying full price when it was released.

The operator put me on hold, returned 90 seconds later, and credited my account $100.

I don't think I would have had the same luck if I was threating them to change carriers because of an upgrade to the OS.

(Just my two cents.)
I concur in that mobile service is still considered a growth sector. Sure, they still want the revenue but more than likely, they'll gain X amount of new customers tomorrow to make up for the one that got away today. Land lines is a much different business. Line loss is and has been the hot topic at telcos for the last several years. Especially since deregulation -- land lines is the key to winning the 'whole customer' or 'whole house' so telcos will do more in hopes that they can also get you on their TV service, internet...bundle, etc.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Dude, Windows Mobile 6.5 literally JUST came out two days ago. Do you remember how long we waited for the official 6.1 releases for the Titan and Vogue? I think you're being a little ridiculous by calling and threatening to cancel over a firmware update. It's not like this is the BlackBerry Storm which launched in a barely usable form. Take some downers and chill out, man.

The Touch Pro2 is getting Windows Mobile 6.5, just sit tight and calm down.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Good luck with no number row on the ATT version HHAHAHAHAHAH. Kidding, but seriously just wait. I bet it comes out the day after you switch. :P
Old 10-09-2009, 12:57 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

are you serious!!!!!!!!!

you should have gone for the imagio man,and stop crying for a rom update!

now you are gsm and wont find much rom support for it in here.....

ok i got it
if you decide to switch back call at%t and tell them that you went to ppcgeeks and didnt found much support for the gsm model, and custom rom are a big thing for you, and you are dissapointed and wanna switch to verizon and see what they said..

hahaha dont flame me ! pliz
Old 10-09-2009, 01:04 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
are you serious!!!!!!!!!

ok i got it
if you decide to switch back call at%t and tell them that you went to ppcgeeks and didnt found much support for the gsm model, and custom rom are a big thing for you, and you are dissapointed and wanna switch to verizon and see what they said..

I stay on ppcgeeks cause theres just more going on and im a old sprint boy so im used to here....... I go there for rom stuff....... But ppcgeeks is still my main support unless its rom specific or gsm vs cdma specific but most stuff aint........

gotta love 6.5 on my tmobile tp2......
Old 10-09-2009, 01:05 AM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i find it odd you expected a credit for that? so youre suggesting they credit every single tp2 owner? or just because you decided to cry and everyone else sucked it up, that you deserve a credit?
Google is the next skynet
Old 10-09-2009, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Intrepid
Carrier: The Now Network

rafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good workrafyrod is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to rafyrod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
I stay on ppcgeeks cause theres just more going on and im a old sprint boy so im used to here....... I go there for rom stuff....... But ppcgeeks is still my main support unless its rom specific or gsm vs cdma specific but most stuff aint........

gotta love 6.5 on my tmobile tp2......
yup me too!

but getting mad over a rom upgrade that is going to be out soon....

is like WTF!

but hey if he happy like that letting be "everyone to their own opinion"
Old 10-09-2009, 07:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

bstan is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzwdts View Post
Dude, Windows Mobile 6.5 literally JUST came out two days ago. Do you remember how long we waited for the official 6.1 releases for the Titan and Vogue? I think you're being a little ridiculous by calling and threatening to cancel over a firmware update. It's not like this is the BlackBerry Storm which launched in a barely usable form. Take some downers and chill out, man.

The Touch Pro2 is getting Windows Mobile 6.5, just sit tight and calm down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
are you serious!!!!!!!!!

ok i got it

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i find it odd you expected a credit for that? so youre suggesting they credit every single tp2 owner? or just because you decided to cry and everyone else sucked it up, that you deserve a credit?

Wow I think some of you guys are taking this a little to seriously. This was an exercise in curiosity to try and determine when VZW is planning on releasing an update.

When the iPhone was released VZW called me at least three times asking me to renew my contract with a free month to not switch to the iPhone. So yes, I expected them to make some sort of other offer because they have no answer about WM6.5.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

adrock1154 is a n00b

I'm sorry, but that's a pretty big bluff over something so small...

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion