Big Calhoun
N00b

Big Calhoun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: I told verizon I want to cancel and go with AT&T

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
bstan -> no offense, but the cell companies are not ignorant and don't always go for the 'I am switching' routine. I had better luck with Sprint when I asked them nicely for a $100 credit since Verizon was selling the phone for less money. I explained that I was an early adopter of the TP2 and I was fine paying full price when it was released.

The operator put me on hold, returned 90 seconds later, and credited my account $100.

I don't think I would have had the same luck if I was threating them to change carriers because of an upgrade to the OS.

(Just my two cents.)
I concur in that mobile service is still considered a growth sector. Sure, they still want the revenue but more than likely, they'll gain X amount of new customers tomorrow to make up for the one that got away today. Land lines is a much different business. Line loss is and has been the hot topic at telcos for the last several years. Especially since deregulation -- land lines is the key to winning the 'whole customer' or 'whole house' so telcos will do more in hopes that they can also get you on their TV service, internet...bundle, etc.