PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Where do they hire these people from

theyre not phone geeks, theyre salesman...thats about it
Old 10-06-2009, 10:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

while were on the topic of crappy tech employees.. i was in a best buy the other day to get a zune hd and i saw they had like 20 zune HDs (previously sold out there) in their glass cabinet. They were the 16gb model and i was looking for the 32gb, so i decided to ask to make sure. So went up to the salesman and asked "do you have any zune HDs in stock" and the guy says, "no, we don't have any zune HDs... they aren't selling too well so we don't get any." I'm like "huh, the shhh is sold out everywhere and isn't that the zune hd right there?" then he tried to tell me those arent it. I simply said, "i suggest you read the box then turned around and left."

He obviously had no idea that a new zune was out and the hype surrounding it. He works in that specific music station, so there's no excuse for him to not know about it after a week and a half of it being out. It's not like i live in the mountains, i'm in a tourist capital where everybody would be looking for it.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

twostep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbal954 View Post
theyre not phone geeks, theyre salesman...thats about it
most aren't, yeah. right after I got my TP2 I went to the local alltel-turned-verizon store, doomed for closure in a week. the sales rep I got was an alltel sales guy/geek who had a strong distaste for the merger. as a result, he was the most helpful rep i'd had in a while. he knew we didn't want to change our plan and didn't force anything on us. even hooked us up with a free charger or two. I think he had a crush on my TP2.
Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6875
Carrier: Verizon

twostep is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
while were on the topic of crappy tech employees.. i was in a best buy the other day to get a zune hd and i saw they had like 20 zune HDs (previously sold out there) in their glass cabinet. They were the 16gb model and i was looking for the 32gb, so i decided to ask to make sure. So went up to the salesman and asked "do you have any zune HDs in stock" and the guy says, "no, we don't have any zune HDs... they aren't selling too well so we don't get any." I'm like "huh, the shhh is sold out everywhere and isn't that the zune hd right there?" then he tried to tell me those arent it. I simply said, "i suggest you read the box then turned around and left."

He obviously had no idea that a new zune was out and the hype surrounding it. He works in that specific music station, so there's no excuse for him to not know about it after a week and a half of it being out. It's not like i live in the mountains, i'm in a tourist capital where everybody would be looking for it.
that's exactly how it is here in FL. i swear i have applied at be$t buy a million times, knowing i'd be more knowledgeable than most of the high schoolers they seem to have working. granted, its probably not the best place to work, but at least i could be geeky and not feel out of place.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

rdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrdcrds is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallastx View Post
I go into Sprint store today..."yes I already know they know nothing"...I asked him about cases first and of course they dont have any. Then i asked about the 6.5 update. He tells me that Win 7 mobile update will be out by the end of this month and just bring my phone in for the update. I just politely ignored him and said thank you and vow never to go back to the store unless i have to!

Sprint Store

901 Macarthur Park - 130
Irving, TX 75063
(214) 496-0381

Yup and each time i walk into one of them i hear them telling people stuff that is just not true.

If they had a call center near me i would work there at least someone would know something.But there is not one in my area wish there was.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:42 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

how about I went to one store the day after I got my phone, I had a problem with it so they sent me to 3 stores before the realized the phone wasn't out in stores...lol needless to say they gave me 3 $25 credits for gas...lol..several of them had not even heard the other hadn't seen the HTC Pro2. Gotta love em!

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.

Last edited by WarChild; 10-07-2009 at 12:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-07-2009, 12:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work504 Refugee is keeping up the good work

Sprint stores wont carry any cases or anything until they have the phone in stock to sale in store.

WM 6.5 is really only a big deal here... Sprint has a 6.5 shipped phone coming real soon... But really, the focus is on the 1st Android device, the Hero.

Not all Sprint employees are useless. Show me one company where there isn't atleast 1 person who doesn't really give a damn... and I'll show you a crooked company.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro2/Touch Pro/Diamond

Atomic2Mod is keeping up the good workAtomic2Mod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
how about I went to one store the day after I got my phone, I had a problem with it so they sent me to 3 stores before the realized the phone wasn't out in stores...lol needless to say they gave me 3 $25 credits for gas...lol..several of them had not even heard the other hadn't seen the HTC Pro2. Gotta love em!
LOL - I guess they never heard of the "phone" - meaning - they could've called the other stores instead of sending you all over the city.
Old 10-07-2009, 07:36 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

disturbed730 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (HTC Touch Pro 2: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

what ever happened to eperience??? you can sell and be good at it but a general know how of the products your selling should be a rule...i give ya the funniest one yet...i went to a sprint store in manhattan and asked the sales rep for a spare body glove holdster for the tp2...he replied with...and i quote" oh im sorry sir, that phone hasnt been released yet...mean while i had it in my pocket...after telling him that it has...he went to the manager and came back agreeing with his prior statement after his manager told him this was true( i still havent taken my phone out of my pocket) i waited until they were both in front of me and produced my "not released" handset and asked them, what is this...they both looked down and then looked at each other puzzled...i forgive the rep...they dont know anything really...but that manager should be fired...lol
Old 10-07-2009, 07:48 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler View Post
lol dumbness is part of their hiring requirements.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
Don't blame it on the store employees. I know several store employees and Sprint doesn't tell them JACK. I actually had my TP2 in-hand before a store manager even had his materials on it.

One would think that Sprint would want their employees in-store to be up to date, but it seems they are on the bottom of the list for news and happenings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbed730 View Post
..i forgive the rep...they dont know anything really...but that manager should be fired...lol
well, it seams companies want sheep. the combo of not knowing better, and need-to-know, applies to all levels of store employees. it's always upper/mid management.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion