PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2010, 05:14 PM
Droidgeek
Pocket PC: Rooted MotoDroid w/mish mash of ROMs
Carrier: Verizon

banden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuffbanden knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Data plan that works with my work outlook email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagio_Now View Post
Verizon reps keep telling me a need to keep the $45 per month data plan on my Imagio to get coorporate email via outlook. My question is will the $30 smartphone data plan accomplish this or is the $45 pan a must?

I'm thinkg the Verizon reps are just telling me I need the $45 plan to make more money off of me. Is anybody getting coorporate email with the $30 dollor a month data package? The $30 option was around when I got my first smartphone with verizon.

thanks
Definately drop to the $30 plan. Activesync works perfect on the $30.

Don't get a business plan... technically they are only supposed to be for Data on business accounts - "corporate liable," multiple lines, purchased through business sales, usually mediated by an IT department.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-22-2010, 11:12 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Verizon Questions

You all are exactly right...for those who don't believe you can't remove the data....I work at Verizon and had a customer demand that he didn't want the data on the droid, so my Smart Self showed him my computer screen and guess what, the system would not remove it at all, even if I unselected it, the data still showed up in his features He then understood!

Imagio_now sounds to me like someone just didn't know how to use active sync instead of going with the business plan

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-23-2010, 03:19 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagio_Now View Post
Verizon reps keep telling me a need to keep the $45 per month data plan on my Imagio to get coorporate email via outlook. My question is will the $30 smartphone data plan accomplish this or is the $45 pan a must?

I'm thinkg the Verizon reps are just telling me I need the $45 plan to make more money off of me. Is anybody getting coorporate email with the $30 dollor a month data package? The $30 option was around when I got my first smartphone with verizon.

thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewcam888 View Post
$30 will work fine
yeah tell them to screw off. one time before switching to vzw, i had alltel, i brought up "push internet" and there like, "well we gotta slap on some more chargers if your going to use push email
i hate vzw cuz there so technical on there bills, unlike alltel who didnt care
Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
You all are exactly right...for those who don't believe you can't remove the data....I work at Verizon and had a customer demand that he didn't want the data on the droid, so my Smart Self showed him my computer screen and guess what, the system would not remove it at all, even if I unselected it, the data still showed up in his features He then understood!

Imagio_now sounds to me like someone just didn't know how to use active sync instead of going with the business plan
i always thought you couldnt look at rep's computer screens? thats why when it was alltel, might be in the new vzw store too they had anti glare type things on there screens where you couldnt see what was on the screen unless you actually looked at it. just before this they wouldnt let you pick your own number anymore or can you courtney? i knew you worked for a cellphone carrier but never knew which one. now i know haha.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:41 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes our screens are protected, but when I have a mean man, lol in front of me demanding that I remove it.........I had to show him it could not be done to make him calm down and understand. I used to Manage Sprint stores, but work at Verizon now, wide and I!
Old 01-24-2010, 03:56 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

That's about the only thing I hate about Verizon: they force you to use their service and charge you for it.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:57 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!

It does seem bad the way they do it, but if you think about it...other carriers just have it already included
Old 01-31-2010, 02:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC xv6900
Carrier: Verizon

ss0mohit is becoming a great contributor

god. i hate verizon.
i bought my mom an env touch a couple of months ago around the same time i got my vogue (september/october). they didn't require data plan and now they do. i was looking at the samsung rogue... what a ripoff, 25 dollar data plan or 10 dollar.
as soon as i can switch carriers, i'm switching to att, sim cards and unlocked phones ftw. screw the iphone though.
-boy scout motto.
so please make my day.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion