PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Carrier: Verizon

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Need alltel to Verizion to get a touch pro 2 help

Is there anyone out there that is, or knows, a Verizon manager or employee that can help me out .

I want to get the new touch pro 2. problem is we had alltel that now is merged with V and my contract is not up untill this time next year, i have talk to a few reps up at Verizon and went to the store and no one will help me or bend the rules,,

Verizon's telling us that because we still have an alltel plan that my bro and i share, if i want a new phone i would have to get a new Verizon plan , that the phone will not work on the plan i have now (with my alltel touch pro with unlimited data and eveything) and my bro (he has a alltel Blackberry ) would need a new Verizon phone if we want to share a plan or have 2 separate plans.

any ideas on a way around this would be helpful

Last edited by chrisloveskaos; 09-30-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Chewy tha Monkey Hunta
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D & (Girl's) HTC Inspire "4G"
Carrier: Sprint

jbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on repjbearamus is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Need Verizion Rep that can bend the rules

this may not necessarily be helpful but i just wanted to point out the possibility that due to the ESN nature of verizon/alltel/sprint verizon could have easily set the system to not allow the esn to activate on an account unless certain plan codes are present. I know that's what sprint did with the Pre, the ESN just won't activate without an everything data plan code present.
so not saying it can't happen but good luck, and you may want to try renaming this thread, i don't know about verizon employees but i know from a corporate standpoint i run from the phrase "bend the rules" try something like "verizon rep needed to help activate TP2"
like i said good luck
Old 09-30-2009, 01:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible and touch pro2
Threadstarter

chrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchrisloveskaos is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need alltel to Verizion to get a touch pro 2 help

thxs for the advice
Old 09-30-2009, 04:59 AM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Have you tried calling Verizon customer service to see what they tell you? I've had almost the complete opposite experience. I also was with Alltel and was told by store reps and Verizon customer service that I could renew and upgrade with no problem at all. I also have a 2 year contract that would be over Sept. 25 2010, but I can pay a 20.00 fee to upgrade to a new 2 year contract after one year. I was told that by store reps and customer service (I called customer service to verify the info because I wasn't sure the store rep was correct since he was an alltel rep before). Customer service confirmed evrything though, and said I could even keep my current plan with the "My Circle" option. I also share a plan with my wife, and they said there would be no changes there, but only the primary line on the account was able to use the early upgrade option.

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch> Touch Pro> Droid

pknyo is becoming a great contributor

I hope that this works for me. I want to do the same thing. My brother and I have a my circle plan, to get what I have with Verizon though my bill would go up about $30. I saw that they do the early upgrades on Verizon`s website, plus I am elligible for an Alltel upgrade in Oct. I thought that maybe they would just let me upgrade to Verizon. If not I`m switching to sprint to get the Hero.

If I made your day in any way, dont forget to say....
Old 10-11-2009, 08:06 AM
TyD
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio

TyD is a n00b

we just upgraded two lines on a four line plan that was alltel with two new verizon smartphones. didnt have to pick out a new plan or anything.. i was surprised.. i think it may depend on your area and what level of conversion they are in..

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion