PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2009, 05:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Did anyone else get this email from SPRINT??

it had a graphic of a piggy bank and was like "save money" or some crap, its for a Month of Free Service::

Respond by 09/19/09 and start saving.
Offer valid with a two-year agreement.

xxx-xxx-xxxx

This is a promotional email from Sprint. If you wish to unsubscribe from Sprint promotional emails please use the link below.
<i removed link, so no haters can mess with this>

To contact Sprint Nextel, write to: Office of Privacy - Legal Department, Sprint Nextel, 2001 Edmund Halley Drive, VARESP0201, Reston, Virginia 20191.
View the Sprint Privacy Policy.

Offer ends 09/19/09. Invoice credit only valid through website; not available through other Sprint channels (e.g. retail stores). Offer not available for CL customers. Offer eligibility determined by Sprint account status as of 08/13/09. Offer may not apply if, since that date, customer has made service plan changes, equipment upgrades, subscriber agreement renewals or cancellations. Service credit will take effect within two bills after acceptance of this offer. This offer is intended only for the Sprint phone number(s) referenced above. One Month Free Credit: Not available for customers on the Simply Everything Plan. The credit is a one-time credit that will be applied to the monthly recurring charge for the service plan. Non-recurring charges, overages, surcharges and taxes excluded. In order to receive this offer, you must sign a new two-year service agreement for each eligible line on your account; includes customers on shared plans that will be required to sign a new two-year service agreement. If you cancel your lines of service prior to the end of your new term, you will be responsible for early termination fees of up to $200 per line in addition to any outstanding charges on your account for each line. 30-Day Guarantee: Call us to deactivate, and return to place of purchase with complete, undamaged phone and receipt within 30 days of activation. You're responsible for actual usage charges (partial monthly service charges, taxes, surcharges, etc.). Other Terms: Sprint reserves the right to modify or terminate this offer at any time. Offer may not be available in all markets. Pricing, offer terms, fees and features may vary for existing customers not eligible for upgrade. Other restrictions apply. See store or sprint.com for details.
©2009 Sprint. Sprint and the logo are trademarks of Sprint. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.

did i get this, just to get this??? or is this an indication my contract is expiring?? is this a standard email Sprint sends when a contract is up??? ive been with Sprint 9yrs and never seen an email like this for contract extensions... whats a CL customer???

it says though web only too... i dont really want a TP2 but since i have 3 active TPs, i might as well try to barter this offer along with one of my available upgrades and get some more loot off a TP2, just to have one on my roster of phones... dunno if itll work, but if the TP2 drops when rumored, then ill still have about a week or so to swing this offer to my favor

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-20-2009 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:36 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Re: Did anyone else get this email from SPRINT??

not me...well no yet...

Old 08-20-2009, 05:39 PM
VIP Droid
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC EVO 3D

Genjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuffGenjinaro knows their stuff
Send a message via Skype™ to Genjinaro

Quote:
Offer valid with a two-year agreement
Gotta wonder if they mean an exsisting 2 year agreement or if accepting this, renews it.
Old 08-20-2009, 05:52 PM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
Gotta wonder if they mean an exsisting 2 year agreement or if accepting this, renews it.
Good point..
Old 08-21-2009, 09:19 AM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I haven't gotten it. What's the Website that was on the email?

Old 08-21-2009, 11:58 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Threadstarter

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genjinaro View Post
im sure it renews it

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanmanc View Post
I haven't gotten it. What's the Website that was on the email?
its a sprint link
Old 08-21-2009, 01:58 PM
In the state of confusion
Pocket PC: EVO ONE(M7), Galaxy S4

sanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on repsanmanc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to sanmanc Send a message via MSN to sanmanc Send a message via Yahoo to sanmanc

I had something similar last year but instead of an email it was a phone call. The person on the other end said they were with Sprint, the calling number did not come back as Sprint when I did a search, and said they could credit my account $70 if I renewed. She also started asking my for my number, name, and PIN. My response was you called me why do you need my number. Long story short I started questioning her and asked for a call back number. As soon as I hung up I called Sprint and they told me the number that called me was not in their directory. The rep also said that they do not offer a $70 credit to renew accounts but they do offer $50 off per line credit on the account if I renewed. That was $200 I wasn't going to pass up so I did so. The Sprint CS rep then sent me to the fraud line so I could report the person that called me.

Moral of the story: Call Sprint and ask them about this email. You may get a better deal unless you are planning on switching carriers.
Old 08-21-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo 3d
Carrier: sprint

duck9191 is becoming a great contributor

CL is corporate liable, like if your work is picking up the tab on your phone.

basically if you say yes to a 2 year service agreement you get a month of service free, just make sure it doesn't effect your device upgrade time frame.

tp2 should be out September 3-8, cant waite to get one in store and play with it.

Evo 3d
Evo
touch pro 2
Old 08-22-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Peteman100 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
CL is corporate liable, like if your work is picking up the tab on your phone.

basically if you say yes to a 2 year service agreement you get a month of service free, just make sure it doesn't effect your device upgrade time frame.

tp2 should be out September 3-8, cant waite to get one in store and play with it.
Your contract and handset upgrade timelines are not connected. So it wont be affected if you renew your contract.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion