PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Free Sprint AIRAVE + Monthly fee waived

I just called Sprint because my service is terrible at my new address. They did some trouble shooting, that did nothing. They mentioned that I could get an AIRAVE. I had already purchased one of these devices before. I was not real happy with it. It worked great for phone reception but, it did nothing for the internet service. I don't use the net service much at home because I do have Comcast and a Wireless N Router. But, I figured if I was going to pay $100 for a device and then pay a $5 fee every month, to use said device, It should be flawless. So, I returned it. When I called them today, I mentioned that i get great service everywhere except in and around my house. I mentioned that I can go a block in any direction and get great service. They do not guarantee service inside buildings at all. I also mentioned that I thought it was rude to require someone to pay $100 for something and pay a fee every mnth just to get good service at home. I am already paying $99 for unlimited everything every month and bought their most expensive phone for Pete's sake. I was very cordial and spoke calmly. I also mentioned that I would accept a free AIRAVE and would appreciate if they would waive the monthly cost for the hardware. I also mentioned that I had been a Sprint customer ever since I owned a cell phone (over 8 years). The woman in the accounts department said immediatley that she would have no problem sending me a free AIRAVE and waive the monthly cost. I hope this helps anyone having the same issue that I have been having for the last 4 months, after I moved.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP
Re: Free Sprint AIRAVE + Monthly fee waived

Dude, i'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Rom Development?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
I just called Sprint because my service is terrible at my new address. They did some trouble shooting, that did nothing. They mentioned that I could get an AIRAVE. I had already purchased one of these devices before. I was not real happy with it. It worked great for phone reception but, it did nothing for the internet service. I don't use the net service much at home because I do have Comcast and a Wireless N Router. But, I figured if I was going to pay $100 for a device and then pay a $5 fee every month, to use said device, It should be flawless. So, I returned it. When I called them today, I mentioned that i get great service everywhere except in and around my house. I mentioned that I can go a block in any direction and get great service. They do not guarantee service inside buildings at all. I also mentioned that I thought it was rude to require someone to pay $100 for something and pay a fee every mnth just to get good service at home. I am already paying $99 for unlimited everything every month and bought their most expensive phone for Pete's sake. I was very cordial and spoke calmly. I also mentioned that I would accept a free AIRAVE and would appreciate if they would waive the monthly cost for the hardware. I also mentioned that I had been a Sprint customer ever since I owned a cell phone (over 8 years). The woman in the accounts department said immediatley that she would have no problem sending me a free AIRAVE and waive the monthly cost. I hope this helps anyone having the same issue that I have been having for the last 4 months, after I moved.

Radio: 2.35.00WF
Old 07-27-2009, 08:06 PM
lwrdrchvy2

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

congrats on the deal. When I worked there countless people had the same issue but sprint didnt offer the airave yet and ones from radioshack were ridiculously priced....probably should have posted this in the off topic forum since it does not relate to the touch pro or the release of a rom or kitchen though.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

its alright for a normal sized house... just make sure you place it in the middle of the house... it sucks when ur like outside bar b qing, the signal takes a big ****.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

I just dont understand how these threads get started in a rom upgrade section. Its just sooo old already. Im sorry, but its getting so annoying.
http://deeddee.ytmnd.com/

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 07-27-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got one last year.. called retentions.. the guy checked my address and said he would ship one for free, no monthly cost, and free next day shipping. Works great. I get full EVDO service in the house but 1X is almost nothing. So the best of both worlds... have full EVDO from the towers and full 1X from the Airave. I was shocked when I heard the Airave tone the first time I answered a call at my neighbors house.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaas2 View Post
Dude, i'm sorry, but what does this have to do with Rom Development?
its not even touch pro relevant either.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Carrier: SPRINT

Nygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuffNygel knows their stuff

I have tried dealing with Sprint on that issue, my home area is a dead zone but it is in the middle of there coverage area and I have real bad coverage issue but they want me to pay for an Airave, I would if it was my home but it is not, it's my area. That sucks!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:04 AM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Probably the OP wasn't paying attention to where he was posting...

just makes the Mods job harder.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nygel View Post
I have tried dealing with Sprint on that issue, my home area is a dead zone but it is in the middle of there coverage area and I have real bad coverage issue but they want me to pay for an Airave, I would if it was my home but it is not, it's my area. That sucks!
Find the retentions number to Sprint...search around here...howardforums or sprintusers. You'll find it. Retentions will give it to you. Already did this with 2 or 3 friends that have poor signal in their home.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion