PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Sprint Customer Service.... Terrible!!!

Not sure where to put this. If this is wrong spot i am sure it will get moved.

So 3 days ago i received my sprint bill online. And low and behold it was more then my usual amount. So after looking through the bill. I noticed some new charges in the Sprint Surcharge section. So i logged on to sprints online customer service chat and started asking about these charges. Well about an hour later and my third supervisor (by the way up to this point no one would tell me why there where new charges) this is the response i got from him......
07/22/2009 07:22:59PM Agent (Lloyd B): "Its not that we can add fees at our leisure, however with the current economy I'm sure that you can understand that fees and charges may vary from time to time to reflect these changes on the national level as well."At this point i was furious he was telling me about the economy I live in michigan the auto industry colapse killed our (michigans) economy! So I called customer service to cancel my account. After being sent to customer retention I explained why i wanted to cancel and told Ted I only called to find out what the charges where originally but, after lloyds remark I had it. He informed me i had to pay the ETF for both lines and they would be shut off at the end of the billing cycle. I refused to pay them and explained what i was told about the "economy" and he asked me to email the conversation to him which i did. As we where waiting for him to receave it I asked him if it was normal bussiness practice to basically make up surcharges for there customers to increase there bottom line. He said no but still would not tell me what these charges where for. I also made a remark about so basically sprint can make up surcharges and we have to pay them. He said "yes". SO i said you could theoredically make $200 "Sprint Screws You Surcharge" and your customers have to pay it? He said we would never do that but in theory yes. I did some math for him You say you have 4 million customers so even adding a $3 a month "sprint whatever surcharge" thats 12 million a month and 144 million a year your company makes to better there bottom line. HE HAD NO COMMENT! As he read the email out loud he read lloyds comment there was a pause and his next words where "So will you be porting your numbers?"

He told me to email him when the numbers where ported and he waived my ETF for both lines.

Basically I just wanted people to know that these big companies are trying to cover there back sides (no swear words) to keep there profits up. I also wanted to thank the people here at ppcgeeks. I dont remember who wrote the post or where i saw it on here that said always use online customer service so you have a written version of what sprint says to you. With out doing so I would be paying Big Brother (SPRINT) everymonth some made up charge (which I still had not been told what it was for) so they can give there execs huge bonuses.

Well to sum up always check your bill!!!! Unfortunatly now I am with at&t after being a Sprint/Nextel customer for 12 Years!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:08 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Sprint Customer Service.... Terrible!!!

they've been that way for at least for 12 years
Old 07-24-2009, 08:13 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO / BB 8330
Carrier: sprint/verizon
Threadstarter

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor

But never have they not been able to me to explain a charge. but yeah I know. Guess I got fed up!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:17 AM
Virtually, I am a Ppc
Pocket PC: SAMSUNG EPIC 4G

Hypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the communityHypnotic2010 is a trusted member of the community

Threads posted in the wrong forum......TERRIBLE!!

**Got Lasers?? Check out our site for shows and equipment:
http://www.ctlasers.com/

-A quick thanks always helps!
Old 07-24-2009, 08:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

indoe is keeping up the good workindoe is keeping up the good work

You almost stuck the lading of this post try this next time

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile Pro Devices > HTC Touch Pro

30$ Sprint SERO 500min F&F Unlimited Everything love sprint

Last edited by indoe; 07-24-2009 at 08:31 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 08:31 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

no need to give this guy crap... thanks for the heads up OP

Old 07-24-2009, 08:43 AM
The Admin-Ninja
Pocket PC: Note 2; Note 10.1

NinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation levelNinjaMom can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)

Thread moved
Earned my Brown Belt..."Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them: A desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill."
Muhammad Ali
Old 07-24-2009, 09:09 AM
Just a NooB
Pocket PC: ZoOm ZoOm EVO Time

Sporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on repSporkman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
they've been that way for at least for 12 years

false ! been with sprint 8 years this is the first bill i got with the "surcharges"

Sprint Surcharges $5.45

Sprint Surcharges are rates we choose to collect from you to help defray costs imposed on us. Surcharges are not taxes or amounts we are required to collect from you by law. Surcharges may include: Federal USF, regulatory charges, administrative charges, gross receipts charges, and other charges incurred to recover costs associated with governmental programs. The amounts, and the components used to calculate Surcharge amounts, are subject to change.

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $1.88
Administrative Charge $2.97
Regulatory Charge $0.60
--------------
$5.45

Last edited by Sporkman; 07-24-2009 at 09:12 AM.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

discipler is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmgombosi View Post
But never have they not been able to me to explain a charge. but yeah I know. Guess I got fed up!
We have had issues like this in the billing. But with time on the phone, sometimes calling back to get a different rep, the issues are always resolved. For all of the problems, I couldn't imagine switching.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:47 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note
Carrier: ATT

NIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regularNIKKG is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I switched to Sprint from Att in March and so far the reps have been very good to me and have hooked me up with a free airrave plus they gave me the Pick 5 for free all on my Sero 30 dollar plan. When it comes to customer service, you have to know what you want and show respect while being cool with the reps and you can pretty much get everything you want. That goes for all companies. I even got out of my iPhone 3G contract after only 6 months from ATT without paying ETF just by complaining to the right people. Its all about knowing how to deal with people that gets you ahead in life.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion