View Single Post
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 AM
thmgombosi
N00b

thmgombosi is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Angry Sprint Customer Service.... Terrible!!!

Not sure where to put this. If this is wrong spot i am sure it will get moved.

So 3 days ago i received my sprint bill online. And low and behold it was more then my usual amount. So after looking through the bill. I noticed some new charges in the Sprint Surcharge section. So i logged on to sprints online customer service chat and started asking about these charges. Well about an hour later and my third supervisor (by the way up to this point no one would tell me why there where new charges) this is the response i got from him......
07/22/2009 07:22:59PM Agent (Lloyd B): "Its not that we can add fees at our leisure, however with the current economy I'm sure that you can understand that fees and charges may vary from time to time to reflect these changes on the national level as well."At this point i was furious he was telling me about the economy I live in michigan the auto industry colapse killed our (michigans) economy! So I called customer service to cancel my account. After being sent to customer retention I explained why i wanted to cancel and told Ted I only called to find out what the charges where originally but, after lloyds remark I had it. He informed me i had to pay the ETF for both lines and they would be shut off at the end of the billing cycle. I refused to pay them and explained what i was told about the "economy" and he asked me to email the conversation to him which i did. As we where waiting for him to receave it I asked him if it was normal bussiness practice to basically make up surcharges for there customers to increase there bottom line. He said no but still would not tell me what these charges where for. I also made a remark about so basically sprint can make up surcharges and we have to pay them. He said "yes". SO i said you could theoredically make $200 "Sprint Screws You Surcharge" and your customers have to pay it? He said we would never do that but in theory yes. I did some math for him You say you have 4 million customers so even adding a $3 a month "sprint whatever surcharge" thats 12 million a month and 144 million a year your company makes to better there bottom line. HE HAD NO COMMENT! As he read the email out loud he read lloyds comment there was a pause and his next words where "So will you be porting your numbers?"

He told me to email him when the numbers where ported and he waived my ETF for both lines.

Basically I just wanted people to know that these big companies are trying to cover there back sides (no swear words) to keep there profits up. I also wanted to thank the people here at ppcgeeks. I dont remember who wrote the post or where i saw it on here that said always use online customer service so you have a written version of what sprint says to you. With out doing so I would be paying Big Brother (SPRINT) everymonth some made up charge (which I still had not been told what it was for) so they can give there execs huge bonuses.

Well to sum up always check your bill!!!! Unfortunatly now I am with at&t after being a Sprint/Nextel customer for 12 Years!
This post has been thanked 1 times.