PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 05:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Alltel Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

AceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuffAceXMachine knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Thank you Sprint!

I have to side with stifiling a little bit on this thread. With something like a third/half of the OPs posts in this thread but having been a user for over a year I question the usefulness and reason for it. That this post should be in OffTopic (if even posted at all) is an understatement. That you can get a higher model device through insurance is something that virtually everyone knows, but that no one NEEDS to know. Threads like this take up unnecessary space and serve as nothing but an outlet for a n00b's meaningless exhiliration at having gotten a lucky break on a replacement device. I would like to see less of these types of threads, no offense to the OP.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-04-2009, 08:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700,6800,6900,Touch Pro ,
Carrier: sprint

tc32brat is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to tc32brat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoTreo700wx View Post
Sprint is not out of Moguls. My Mogul just quit a little over a week ago and guess what Sprint sent as a replacement? A brand new HTC-Mogul out of the box! I checked if it was a refurb by way of ##778# and it had no status of being refurbished. I couldn't believe it at first but Sprint does have a few laying around!
bet that ticked you off....i am sure you thought you were going to get the TP new...and you get a mogul....i would wait a week and make the mogul break ....keep trying ...they will run out of moguls...then you will have your TP...that you really want
Old 05-05-2009, 10:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroc147 View Post
Wow if I hijacked threads and posted in them almost ten times basically being redundant then entire time, then I would be well on my way to being out of "noob" status atleast for post count. So heres +1 for me and I'm sure you will reply a couple more times for good measure.

As for the OP comment, good for you.

As for all the opposition that was recieved, I don't think theres an intelligent person out there that doesn't realize this is possible. And I think its merely insulting peoples intelligence to think they havent already done this, know how to, or have tried. And with a forum with the word "geek" in the name I doubt thinking people were dumb was the best assumption.

I'm going to go get my Touch Pro replaced tomorrow due to keyboard failure, seriously. But in no way am I going to go "scam" the company now because of this post. I was sold faulty equipment and I want a replacement, simple as that.

But kudos to the most entertaining, shake my head, WTF thread in a while. (Well it couldnt have been that long seeing as how I am a lowly NOOB which automatically makes me ignorant)
getting a new TP tomorrow huh? u gonna start a new thread and tell us all about it? u'll get another +1. as we can clearly see, it's the type of thing that some new people do...in time i'm sure u'll grow out of it. and hopefully u're the only one that misunderstood but if not, for everyone, i'm not saying noobs are dumb...some jus have noobish behavior.

one more thing, fraud is not something 'most' people jus happen to know. i know they never taught it at my school. someone figures out the loop holes in the system...and then they begin to spread the word. as popular as it is now, most people weren't born knowing that u can do an insurance job on your home...by burning it down to the grown. for the most part someone has to tell u that. further validating my point, and at the same time has got me wondering what's wrong with you. you think most people jus happen to know the ins and outs of how to successfully commit fraud? either your thinking is kinda off or you jus want to be on the opposing side, just because. if the latter's the case then it's understandable, cause people jus do that sometimes. it's human nature.

still waiting for the answer to that question, "if it was your company, would you make changes?" doesn't appear as though i'm gonna get an answer. and i don't need one, i already know the answer, and it's common sense.
Old 05-05-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

getting tp number 5 now tp number 4 camera didnt work when I got it lol uggg tp2 come out now!
Old 05-05-2009, 12:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There are times when a company screws you, whether it be Sprint or another company and you look for a way to get what you are entitled to. This may not be the case in this instance though.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

RicoTreo700wx is a n00b
Cool Re: Thank you Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc32brat View Post
bet that ticked you off....i am sure you thought you were going to get the TP new...and you get a mogul....i would wait a week and make the mogul break ....keep trying ...they will run out of moguls...then you will have your TP...that you really want
Yes, it did. I actually have the Touch Pro so I gave my Mogul to my girlfriend. When it died on her, I contacted Sprint via *2 to have them send a replacement. To my amazement the CSR actually told me that she would be shipped a brand new Mogul. I thought that they were mistakend and sure enough the UPS guy handed me a box with a spanking brand new Mogul in it. I was shocked! She does have an issue with sending picture mail because whenever she tries to send a picture she gets the memory is to low message. I think that alone warrants a replacement. I'll keep my fingers crossed though!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ryanfreeman91 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB33 View Post
Nice, you lucked up big time, imagine people getting a free TP upgrade from the 6700.
In fact, I did get a TP free from a 6700. And the best part was that I didn't even buy the 6700 from Sprint! I called customer care after not being able to receive calls or text messages right after activating it and they shipped out a refurbed TP for free

RF91
Old 05-05-2009, 04:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That just is not right
Old 05-05-2009, 04:24 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

let me get warm by the crackling fire lol! to the op, consider this a lesson learned. i made the mistake of telling folks what sprint charged me for my tp and got 100 pms about it.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion