PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2009, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: SPRINT EVO
Carrier: Sprint for about 6 years

chaos2137 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to chaos2137 Send a message via Skype™ to chaos2137
Exclamation Customer Service HORRORS! share your story

I must add my story to the mix of touch pro whoa's , i recieved my spankin new phone in feb. i proceeded to do what we all do, see what it had under the hood as far as stock goes, then .......who am i kidding, hell i flashed the crap out of it just because i remembered how fun it was to do on the mogul. then 29 (count them) 29 days later the freaking keyboard dies like a young boys spirit at micheal jackson's house or a catholic priest's alter (you pick, same result either way) so i call sprint and they send me a new phone the very next day!! well that was alot of smoke up my BUTT because they stuck me with the new phone bill and i sent it in weeks ago, now i have had this "new" pro for 17 freakin days and guess what happens this morning.....the ever loving keyboard dies!!! i have got this thing finaly perfect, all tweaked out every optimization you can shake a stick at. perfect and in pristine condition, if they made baby pampers for these phones i would have stock in it, but nope. so i call sprint again, and after talking to the united nation's in operators i finaly get someone who speaks english (kinda) this LOSER tells me i am covered for theft, water damage or lost equipment and cannot cover me if it's not damaged......WTF!!! so i tell him if that's the case i can throw it in the freaking toilet because it's a piece of crap and it will definately be damaged then. (I've got his attention now) he tranfers me to a supervisor and i proceed to tell him that i have had it for 17 days, i need a replacement and to take off the bill for the last replacement because i'm not paying 600 bucks for basicly a diamond with baggage. he processes my cliam and i power down from super saiyen level 10 and allow him to live. but then he tells me that i will be charged for this replacement if i do not return the broken one.......so that means i now have a $1200.00 bill and a jacked up phone!!!!! does anyone feel my pain and anger???? on a serious note, i think we really must look into a solution for this common problem, is flashing our phones causing this. or maybe sprint has some kind of security in place that eventually activates, conspirecy ? opinions?? please let me know

Last edited by chaos2137; 03-27-2009 at 04:48 PM. Reason: clean up the wording as the try and follow the rules in profanity
Old 03-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Customer Service HORRORS! share your story

That sucks you are getting stuck with the balance on the bill. Every time they have tried to do that to me I demanded a temporary credit be placed on the account to cover until the damaged phone is received.

As far as the problems go, I think it is HTC, my Mogul had issues, and that was before I even knew about flashing ROMs

~Palm Treo Pro~ ~ SPH M540 RANT~
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 , Curve 2

apacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularapacho01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to apacho01

Thats why I usually go into a store and have my exchanges done. but to be honest they shouldn't have charged you for the price of the phone before you got it. They have a program called E-ticket and it sends out advance exchange phones and only charges you 200 dollars if you dont return it within 15 days. or if it is damaged beyond repair. Of course thats if you have insurance Which you should always have.

You can call advance tech to get an eticket created for WARRANTY issues

If you call assurion they are for lost or DAMNaged phones. FYI- April 1st is the day when getting your phone replaced by insurance will cost $100.

late,
Coz
http://img162.imageshack.us/img162/6932/ubda1308kz0.gif
Old 03-27-2009, 05:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PALM 3XE/650 IP 19/2750 HTC 8125/MOGUL/TP/TP2 EVO

gnatsstang is becoming a great contributor

fast and breezy. 13 hours 16 calls 27 people.
to change an M520 for a mogul.

13 calls 37 people 18 hours = change mogul for TP.
had TP FOR 549. THEN 399. THEN 299 BB. THEN 199 BB.THEN KEYBOARD BROKE ON MOGUL. SENT IN GOT REPLACEMENT FREE. UPGRADE = TP.

2 stories. 9 months apart.
OUTTY.

YEAH! That guy! U know. HIM!

Old 03-27-2009, 05:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mbell75 is just getting started

Just another reason you dont flash your phone and install custom ROMs unless you REALLY know what you are doing and are willing to risk throwing that money away. Are people really this stupid? Go buy a Honda Accord and supercharge it, once you blow the engine and burn the clutch, try and take it back to Honda and expect them to just hand you a new one free of charge. Use some common sense dude.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post
Thats why I usually go into a store and have my exchanges done. but to be honest they shouldn't have charged you for the price of the phone before you got it. They have a program called E-ticket and it sends out advance exchange phones and only charges you 200 dollars if you dont return it within 15 days. or if it is damaged beyond repair. Of course thats if you have insurance Which you should always have.

If you call assurion they are for lost or DAMNaged phones. FYI- April 1st is the day when getting your phone replaced by insurance will cost $100.

thanks for the info, i went through asurion first and they couldnt help because there was no damage, then i tried sprint tech support, got transfered to orders and claims, it was a circus act basicly. it's pretty bad when me (the customer ) knows more than the tech support guy, i was coaching him through the process, and i didnt find out about the charges till i checked my account on line, he told me that my returned phone was received days ago but they have not credited my account back yet, how in the hell does that work???? someone is dropping the ball big time. i'm not hating on sprint, i mean i have been a customer for some time now but this has to be the worst experience so far.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
Just another reason you dont flash your phone and install custom ROMs unless you REALLY know what you are doing and are willing to risk throwing that money away. Are people really this stupid? Go buy a Honda Accord and supercharge it, once you blow the engine and burn the clutch, try and take it back to Honda and expect them to just hand you a new one free of charge. Use some common sense dude.

believe me my friend, i know what i'm doing when it comes to flashing ROMs, i am very experienced in this, it all started when i was in Iraq and began flashing my psp with custom firmware and i was one of the first in this when it was in its virgin stages, so naturaly when i found out that you could flash pocket pc's i got right into it, i do the research before i flash any new program or ROM to my phone. i have the common sense trust me, i mean i fix airplanes for a living and i don't mean just changing the tires, i work on the avionics section. i started this thread to share my story and see if others had similar problems. so please be civil and just share your story if you have one, then if you have any useful information share it, so you may help somone else, otherwise stay silent. this will not be a bashing thread. the situation is under control and the money is not a problem dude.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2009, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnatsstang View Post
fast and breezy. 13 hours 16 calls 27 people.
to change an M520 for a mogul.

13 calls 37 people 18 hours = change mogul for TP.
had TP FOR 549. THEN 399. THEN 299 BB. THEN 199 BB.THEN KEYBOARD BROKE ON MOGUL. SENT IN GOT REPLACEMENT FREE. UPGRADE = TP.

2 stories. 9 months apart.
OUTTY.

Nice outcome in the end, a freeby!!! can't get any better than that after all the crap you went through lol
Old 03-27-2009, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by apacho01 View Post

oh yeah and i am stationed in jackson "backwoods" mississippi, which translates to no sprint stores for miles and if there is one, they don't do exchanges, so it's basicly a big hassle to deal with customer service lol, half the state doesnt even know what a touch pro is they think it is a molesting champion haha
Old 03-27-2009, 06:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

mbell75 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos2137 View Post
believe me my friend, i know what i'm doing when it comes to flashing ROMs, i am very experienced in this, it all started when i was in Iraq and began flashing my psp with custom firmware and i was one of the first in this when it was in its virgin stages, so naturaly when i found out that you could flash pocket pc's i got right into it, i do the research before i flash any new program or ROM to my phone. i have the common sense trust me, i mean i fix airplanes for a living and i don't mean just changing the tires, i work on the avionics section. i started this thread to share my story and see if others had similar problems. so please be civil and just share your story if you have one, then if you have any useful information share it, so you may help somone else, otherwise stay silent. this will not be a bashing thread. the situation is under control and the money is not a problem dude.
Fair enough. Just dont go blaming customer service for a problem YOU caused, not the phone.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion