PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2009, 03:11 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!
Threadstarter

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1
Re: Curious, is Everyone aware of Sprint's Online Advance Exchange Program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russellhi View Post
your saying water damage Is covered by assurion?
Yes. If you pay for insurance on your account. $50 deductible.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
THE HENCHMAN
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Diamond & Verizon Blackberry Storm!
Carrier: Sprint w/ SERO!
Threadstarter

stevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIPstevedog1 is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to stevedog1

Quote:
Originally Posted by master_shake View Post
the screen went out on my apache and I got it replaced witht the insurance thru a sprint store.

the replacement's camera does not work, all pics are fuzzy and macro slider does not do anything.

would the faulty camera be an eligible reason to exchange it with this service?

How about a dead external speaker on an apache that is a few years old?
my girlfriend's phone does not even ring cause of it

also how long does it take?
The phone HAS to be in Warranty to be eligible for an exchange. Any phone over a year old from purchase date, will not be eligible, as the warranty period is only 1 year. So, your girlfriends phone is definitely not eligible.

There is an exception though, if you get an exchange right at the end of the year, then you get an additional 90 days because every exchange also has a 90 day warranty.

SO basically, make sure you get it exchanged before the 1 year warranty is over, and then keep exchanging it every 90 days...and keep getting another 90 day warranty.

Shipment takes literally a day or two. Depending on what time of the day you file the claim.
Old 05-24-2009, 11:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: sprint

master_shake is a n00b

sorry to dig up an old thread

does anyone know if this program can be used with sprints Equipment Service and Repair Program?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:11 AM
jchboy

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

could u try to exchange a touch pro or palm pre for a touch pro 2 on this?? there is nothing wrong with either of my phones but i just would really like to have a touch pro 2. if this wouldnt work does anyone have any ideas?
Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchboy View Post
could u try to exchange a touch pro or palm pre for a touch pro 2 on this?? there is nothing wrong with either of my phones but i just would really like to have a touch pro 2. if this wouldnt work does anyone have any ideas?
Why not do the right thing and just go buy a Touch Pro 2? Sprint has been replacing truly defective Touch Pro's with Touch Pro 2's on certain occasions. But, since you stated nothing is wrong with your phone, why try to scam Sprint and get a free upgrade?

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-02-2009, 09:11 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce
Carrier: Sprint

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Got a replacement on Monday for my touch pro and they are still giving touch pros as expected. This one seems to be working well.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:06 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
Why not do the right thing and just go buy a Touch Pro 2? Sprint has been replacing truly defective Touch Pro's with Touch Pro 2's on certain occasions. But, since you stated nothing is wrong with your phone, why try to scam Sprint and get a free upgrade?
This. I am convinced we need a rule about making threads on bricking or trying to work the system to get a new phone for free.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:15 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrObvious View Post
This. I am convinced we need a rule about making threads on bricking or trying to work the system to get a new phone for free.
Totally agree with ya Mr. Obivous.

I havent been with sprint very long. My first TP had a problem with the charge jack (data wouldnt work). So i took it to the store and they were nice enough to swap it for a refurb'd TP. Well after a while, I had problems with the KB on it, so they fixed that. But the I had problems with that KB after about a week, so they were cool enough to go ahead and give me a TP2 no questions asked, I didnt even have to ask for it (I would have been happy with a working TP). The difference here was that I had actual issues, and the techs were able to fully replicate the problem in the store everytime, and truly tried everything they knew to fix it.

The more people try to work the system and get free upgrades when nothing is wrong with their phone, the harder Sprint has to make the policies to keep fraud down. The drawback to that, is those harder policies make it more difficult for people with real issues to get something done.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:58 PM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Yes exactly and we need to work to discourage it. If you don't like your phone, then take it back.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Captivate
Carrier: at&t

potatoofdoom is a n00b

Just a little tidbit to add. About 4 sprint emlpoyees have instructed me not to use this. (1 rep over the phone and 3 in stores) Now we all know how much we should trust the average sprint rep, but I'm curious as to why they all told me that I should only go to he store with my frequent and recurrent issues with my Mogul(s).

Any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion