PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2012, 02:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

I called Sprint a while ago on something totally unrelated to this and the guy I was talking to told me he had to forward me to management because my account is now "being handled by management". I was forwarded to a manager (I am assuming it was a manager) and took care of what I was calling about. Nothing was mentioned by the person about my roaming or even why my account is being handled by management. I had a long day at work and didn't feel like going back and forth about the roaming issue so I let it go for now. I just thought it was strange my account is now being handled by management like I was told. All for using a little data on roaming about 4 months ago. At this point if I can find an acceptable alternative (not likely where I live) I will probably leave Sprint. I am sick of being treated like someone that did something wrong because I used a service I pay for. Anyone know of any providers that are reasonable on data (or are at least don't call 300MB of data "unlimited") that I can take my Evo 3D to?
Old 02-10-2012, 04:34 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

You said in an earlier post "like I said maybe a couple times a year I use data on roaming when I go to Upper Michigan where there is no Sprint service" so they have noted that usage and now after your recent roaming usage they are letting you know that since you have done this a few times now you are pushing your limit on roaming data. That's all. I know they say unlimited roaming data but that means you are allowed to use roaming data any time you want and you won't be restricted to a certain amount at any certain time but if you use over 300MB of roaming data regularly then they will contact you like this. Every carrier does this and most restrict you to regular home data limits depending on how much you pay for your data plan. The simple solution is watch your roaming data usage and you will be fine.
Old 02-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

whose towers were you roaming on, guessing verizon for the cdma?
that might be your best shot at a different company

the best plan if i had to switch from sprint's sero is tmobiles 4g prepaid for $30/month for unlimited text/data (unlimited=5gb before throttle) and 100 minutes. 100 minutes would be enough for me, but if it isn't there are voip that uses the "unlimited" data plan

not sure what other carriers you can use evo 3d with :S maybe cricket or one of those small cdma companies but nothing like the coverage of the larger ones (well sprint if you want to keep phone -.-)
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
whose towers were you roaming on, guessing verizon for the cdma?
that might be your best shot at a different company

the best plan if i had to switch from sprint's sero is tmobiles 4g prepaid for $30/month for unlimited text/data (unlimited=5gb before throttle) and 100 minutes. 100 minutes would be enough for me, but if it isn't there are voip that uses the "unlimited" data plan

not sure what other carriers you can use evo 3d with :S maybe cricket or one of those small cdma companies but nothing like the coverage of the larger ones (well sprint if you want to keep phone -.-)

I don't think I will be switching from Sprint as there are no better options for me right now. I still plan on calling Sprint and letting them know how disappointed I am by this. When I see the word "unlimited" that does not mean 300MB to me. Here is what the word unlimited means to me:

Quote:
un·lim·it·ed /ˌənˈlimitid/
adj.
1. Having no restrictions or controls: an unlimited travel ticket.
2. Having or seeming to have no boundaries; infinite: an unlimited horizon.
3. Without qualification or exception; absolute: unlimited self-confidence.

If Sprint only wants us using 300MB their website should state 300MB instead of unlimited. I find it funny Sprint has an ad on their website right now stating basically unlimited really means unlimited on Sprint. I can see new customers going through the same thing I did after seeing on their account details they have unlimited 3G roaming. At best this is Sprint being very deceptive. At worst it is flat out false advertising and they are possibly leaving themselves open to a lawsuit.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxjdoggxxx View Post
I called Sprint a while ago on something totally unrelated to this and the guy I was talking to told me he had to forward me to management because my account is now "being handled by management". I was forwarded to a manager (I am assuming it was a manager) and took care of what I was calling about. Nothing was mentioned by the person about my roaming or even why my account is being handled by management. I had a long day at work and didn't feel like going back and forth about the roaming issue so I let it go for now. I just thought it was strange my account is now being handled by management like I was told. All for using a little data on roaming about 4 months ago. At this point if I can find an acceptable alternative (not likely where I live) I will probably leave Sprint. I am sick of being treated like someone that did something wrong because I used a service I pay for. Anyone know of any providers that are reasonable on data (or are at least don't call 300MB of data "unlimited") that I can take my Evo 3D to?
@xxxjdoggxxx
I don't know of any other providers since the 3VO is a CDMA phone. Could possibly try boost but they're owned by sprint and as a result of switching u could lose roaming altogether as well as 4G. There isn't a GSM version of this phone exactly otherwise I would suggest u try T-mob, they're actually clear on their roaming policy.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:44 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

well eric he could try verizon too!

Old 02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
Banned User

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP

He's looking to pay the same or less, not more.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:09 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
U.S. cellular has great coverage and pretty good prices as well.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 02-11-2012, 12:22 AM
Banned User

And slower speeds and not enough data.
Old 02-11-2012, 12:26 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
They're launching lte next month, and most of their plans are 5GB same as t-mobile.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion