PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

I think I read somewhere that someone was able to use an Evo 3D on Metropcs. That might have been about the Touch Pro 2 though. I can't remember.

Edit: After looking at Metropcs' coverage map it appears they have voice and text where I live but no data.

Last edited by xxxjdoggxxx; 02-11-2012 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:43 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Where do you live?

Old 02-11-2012, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Central Wisconsin.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: none

skip63 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I think I would call and ask them if they have no service there what you should do to make them happy If you have been a customer for a good length of time they should be willing to work with you
Old 02-11-2012, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skip63 View Post
I think I would call and ask them if they have no service there what you should do to make them happy If you have been a customer for a good length of time they should be willing to work with you

If you are referring to Sprint the roaming issue was when I went to visit family out of state. The town I live in is basically a dead zone for any cell provider. Sprint gave me an Airave a few years ago when I moved here so that isn't an issue (and the only data I use at home is over my wifi). The town I work in (where i use most of my data) has full 3G signal strength on Sprint towers (although the last year or so data speeds have been horrible not only for me but other people I work with that have Sprint).
Old 02-11-2012, 07:20 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Maybe try cricket wireless too? Best bet is to compare coverage maps.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

@xxxjdoggxxx Well I know that metroPCS suffers the same slow speed complaints that sprint does and they probably aren't here in the Midwest yet, they are mostly in the west and south. As for cricket, they use sprint 3G around here so as a result ur speeds may not improve much. Ur best bets are probably either T-mob or USCC ,these 2 effectively get u away from the horrid speeds of sprint and the horrid prices of the others.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Cricket and T-Mobile do not have coverage where I live. I use to have US Cellular before I switched to Sprint. I switched because that the time they did not have any 3G coverage. I might have to take a look at them again. I can even get a 25% discont on their servce through where I work. What are their policies on data usage?
Old 02-12-2012, 03:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

But the bottom line is, you are upset because you feel you should be getting unlimited roaming data but, correct me if I'm wrong, that isn't possible no matter what carrier you choose as far as I know. You say you are mad because Sprint says you get truly unlimited data but the thing is you do as long as you aren't roaming. Right??
Old 02-12-2012, 04:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
But the bottom line is, you are upset because you feel you should be getting unlimited roaming data but, correct me if I'm wrong, that isn't possible no matter what carrier you choose as far as I know. You say you are mad because Sprint says you get truly unlimited data but the thing is you do as long as you aren't roaming. Right??

You don't seem to understand the issue here. I am not upset because I think I should get unlimited data on roaming. I am upset because Sprint's website says I get unlimited roaming data and I use a little bit of data on roaming about 4 months ago and now I get a threatening letter from Sprint about it. Yes I do get unlimited data when I am not roaming but Sprint's website says i get unlimited data when I am roaming too. If the limit is 300MB the website should say 300MB. If it's not unlimited don't call it unlimited. That's the bottom line here.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion