PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2012, 02:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

Today I received a letter from Sprint about my roaming data usage. The letter is attached (sorry I don't have a scanner so I took a picture of the letter with my phone, it's readable but blurry) Basically it says I am in violation of the roaming terms and conditions. I have unlimited data and roaming is included in my plan. The only time I ever use data on roaming is when I go up to Michigan to visit family which is maybe a couple times a year (there is no Sprint coverage in Upper Michigan). In previous years I took my laptop and tethered with my phone. The last time I went up there however I forgot my laptop and didn't do any tethering. Just some browsing and netflix on my phone. Has anyone else received a similar letter? Should I call Sprint and ask them what the issue is? The letter says my account is being monitored now. Does that mean basically no more tethering for me?

Old 02-07-2012, 02:38 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

It just means that if you continue go over the roaming data limit(whatever that is) they may charge you extra fees or they may threaten you with contract termination. When they say roaming is included they mean calls not data.
You can still tether but if you are tethering while roaming then you'll have to watch your KBs. Call them and ask what the limit is.
Old 02-07-2012, 10:51 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

notinkeys is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Is Sprint cracking down on data usage?

I believe they give you a small amount of roaming data since some features in the phone use data in the background, so they allow for those functions. When roaming, using data is a very, very bad idea.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Some people say it is 300mb limit and some people use over 2gb and never get busted. I would play it safe and NOT use roaming. Now if you watched some netflix, surfed the web that is DATA use thus Sprint thinks you purposely were roaming when you actually went to a place there was NO coverage. Pull it up on a map and show sprint where exactly you were. The only time I personally roam is when 3g just won't cut it and wimax isn't around, right now 32kbps is not cutting it so I do roam but try to stay connected to WIFI or WiMax
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:37 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Terms & Conditions

Off-network Roaming: The primary use of your Device must be for domestic purposes within the Sprint-owned network. Domestic means use in the 50 United States and U.S. Territories (except Guam). Sprint reserves the right, without notice, to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if off-network usage in a month exceeds: (1) voice: 800 min. or a majority of minutes; or (2) data: 300 megabytes or a majority of kilobytes.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:02 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Any data roaming in excess will result in a letter from sprint. I still say sprint will do away with unlimted data in time.

Old 02-07-2012, 06:36 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i930
Carrier: Boost

kingnba6 is becoming a great contributor

my girl friend has a epic 4g with sprint and unlimited everything. i use her phone on tether a lot. watch netflix on the ipad or other things a lot from her tether
Old 02-08-2012, 02:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

xxxjdoggxxx is a n00b
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2012 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Any data roaming in excess will result in a letter from sprint. I still say sprint will do away with unlimted data in time.

Sadly you are probably right. Every other company has got rid of unlimited data. It is pretty sad with the capabilities of our devices the one thing holding us back is how much data you can use. If I understand correctly the fine print says unlimited means 5GB. I could use that much data in a couple days just from streaming internet radio and web browsing (listen to internet radio 8-12 hours a day at work). I am paying almost $100 a month for my plan when I make almost no phone calls on my cell and mostly use it for it's data capabilities. If Sprint decides to crack down on data usage I will likely cancel my plan and go to a plan with voice only because there will be no point to paying that type of money if I use my monthly data limit up within a couple days.
Old 02-08-2012, 02:23 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
There is no limit on Sprint data, only when roaming. The 5 GB limit is only for mobile broadband cards, not cellphones. No worries!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: i930
Carrier: Boost

kingnba6 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
There is no limit on Sprint data, only when roaming. The 5 GB limit is only for mobile broadband cards, not cellphones. No worries!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion