PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouieH View Post
Like I said, it wasn't always bad. But, when it did get bad it got worse quick. My main concern was losing my plan, all I remember was it was a good one. So, I tried to grin and bare it (like you guys). The service was overall good. It was the customer service that lost me when trying to resolve numerous overage charges on several different occasions (all errors on Sprint). While I was there, why not mention the dropped calls right?. And after talking to my Bengali brothers, I'm now paying a little more for a little less-but-better overall service with the good guys at Verizon. And you can stay with your $35 boost plan. Tried that too, because why not, it's cheap. You're a liar, that shit sucks and you hate it. They don't even know your name, your calls are always dropping, you got no web service. But, youre smarter than everybody becuase you pay less... idiot!
Firstly you took fooooorever to reply to a post in a thread YOU created, secondly I'm not lying about anything I've stated about Boost, I communicate easily with all people that speak English because I realize to most people worldwide( including the US) English is a second language. Maybe you're just a dumb American, and that's coming from someone born and raised in South Carolina, which by most accounts is devoid of culture outside our own. Quit bashing a company you admittedly recommended to others only to now say " I'm not trying refer people" to VZN.
Edit- And btw Boost doesn't need to know my name because I never need to call them, never a dropped call, always have signal when in Sprint native coverage, and my web works just fine.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.

Last edited by Sc/ant864; 11-03-2011 at 11:29 PM.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:38 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: My Advice for Sprint users

Before things get out of hand, lets lay low on the personal insults. We can disagree with each other without using them.

Anyways, Boost uses the exact same service sprint does, so as far as reception goes its the same (minus 4g of course). Though Boost support from my experience is worse then sprint. I once called them to try to get a TP2 activated on Boost and they kept refusing even to try, so I kept insisting and they hanged up on me lol (And it wasn't a disconnect). At least in sprint they'd stay on the line hours if necessary, they never once hanged up on me.

As for Verizon, I only started dealing with them recently trying to do some stuff and unfortunately I am getting mixed stories from different agents...*sigh* which is normal for sprint too but so far I can't say yet how it compares.

Personally though when dealing with sprint, I suggest chat support/email. They seem to be better then phone support.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-04-2011, 12:52 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I think verizon customer care is top notch. At least for me soo far.

Old 11-04-2011, 01:40 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Never had a problem with Sprint customer care. They gave me 1000 free texts on my old plan. Got a new airrave with no monthly charge. And free sprint to home on my sero 500 plan, giving me unlimited anytime minutes using google voice! Retentions will do about anything to keep you from leaving.

Sent from an Epic 3G using ppcgeeks.
Old 11-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Before things get out of hand, lets lay low on the personal insults. We can disagree with each other without using them.

Anyways, Boost uses the exact same service sprint does, so as far as reception goes its the same (minus 4g of course). Though Boost support from my experience is worse then sprint. I once called them to try to get a TP2 activated on Boost and they kept refusing even to try, so I kept insisting and they hanged up on me lol (And it wasn't a disconnect). At least in sprint they'd stay on the line hours if necessary, they never once hanged up on me.
Duly noted.

The Boost FAQ at Howard forums is a good resource for knowing what you need and the steps you must take. With Boost and adding a Sprint branded phone it's sometimes hit or miss with multiple csr's, one thing I noticed is using a female to make the call and being as nice as possible pays off. Also some TP2's cannot be put on Boost period...the system just fully rejects them. I personally added my TP2 and my wife's, first call, process took 10 minutes for both phones and I have all the programming info for both phones.

Old 11-04-2011, 08:11 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Duly noted.

The Boost FAQ at Howard forums is a good resource for knowing what you need and the steps you must take. With Boost and adding a Sprint branded phone it's sometimes hit or miss with multiple csr's, one thing I noticed is using a female to make the call and being as nice as possible pays off. Also some TP2's cannot be put on Boost period...the system just fully rejects them. I personally added my TP2 and my wife's, first call, process took 10 minutes for both phones and I have all the programming info for both phones.

I understood that when I called, but again hanging up on a customer is not acceptable. I mean it worst case sprint would tell me they will get a manager to call me back at a later time or etc but they wouldn't hang up on me mid call.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
I understood that when I called, but again hanging up on a customer is not acceptable. I mean it worst case sprint would tell me they will get a manager to call me back at a later time or etc but they wouldn't hang up on me mid call.
Yes that is quite rude to do to a customer and I'm not surprised that was a deal breaker for you. The CS person most likely figured since Boost is prepay there are no repercussions against them.

Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: iphone 4S
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

LouieH is just getting started

SCant,

i like this site but i dont always have time to visit and so my response seems late to you. this thread has a simple title - it was my advice... - you could take it or leave it. It is my opinion based on my experiences. Sprint sucks!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 06:24 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; liquid.vivow.20111101.14572 AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Everybody needs to chill.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Continued insults after mod warning result in a thread closure.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion

Tags
carriers, sprint, verizon