PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2011, 06:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

apurvjawle is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee?

One of the comment here says it on "analyse my plan" page. Can you check if thats the case?

Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee? | PhoneNews.com
Quote:
sheiksheik on February 13th, 2011, 10:51 am
The $10 premium data fee has not been removed. It doesn’t show on the main account page, but if you click on “Analyze My Plan” right under the phone details, it will show that you still have the $10 fee. I am not sure of Sprint’s reasons for it not being in the “Add-on’s” section of the plan details, which is where all this confusion is coming from. People are not seeing it there, and are assuming that Sprint removed it, when in all actuality, it is listed in a totally different area, where most people don’t look. So check out your “Analyze My Plan” section and see if it’s there. I bet it is. If not, then please let me know so I can see why mine isn’t removed…lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlon View Post
I certainly hope it's the $40 because I like how this currently looks when I log on to my account.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Threadstarter

avlon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by apurvjawle View Post
One of the comment here says it on "analyse my plan" page. Can you check if thats the case?

Sprint Nixing $10 Premium Data Fee? | PhoneNews.com
I do still see it on "analyze" which makes me wonder what they are up to since they haven't announced anything.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Htc Mogul

apurvjawle is a n00b

so it could be just upgrade to the website with rearrangement of fees/addons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by avlon View Post
I do still see it on "analyze" which makes me wonder what they are up to since they haven't announced anything.
Old 02-13-2011, 08:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S III
Carrier: Verizon

jeriel05 is keeping up the good workjeriel05 is keeping up the good work
I went on sprint chat after seeing this thread and the rep said this was a technical glitch

Sent from my "Bullet Stopping Supersonic “ using tapatalk
Old 02-14-2011, 04:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

tallblazer124 is becoming a great contributor

Confirmed. If you are on the old sero plan and you want a 4g device. All you have to pay is $10 dollars more per month not $20 dollars. The new sero premium includes 4g data. On that note i am about to get my shift. Good bye tp2. Below are the details of some of my chat.

2:56:18 PM :
Beryl K.: You can have a 4G phone, like HTC EVO, Samsung Epic, LG Optimum, but for this you need to change your plan to Sero premium 500 plan for $40.00.

2:56:55 PM :
MUNROE: and waht about the 4g fee?

2:57:53 PM :
Beryl K.: Please note that there is no fee for accessing 4G for you, the new plan Sero Premium 500 is compatible with all the 4G phones.

2:58:14 PM :
MUNROE: Okay so thats what i am saying

2:58:59 PM :
MUNROE: so i can get the evo and only pay 40 dollars a month?

2:59:44 PM :
Beryl K.: Yes. for the new plan.
Old 02-14-2011, 10:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

dastrader is a n00b

Just got off the phone with the employee care department and they said that there is a "premium data" fee of $10 for the 3 phones that have 4g (evo, shift, and Epic). I explained the chat conversation shown above, she apologized and said that some departments don't fully understand the SERO plans but that there would be a $10 premium on top of the $40 SERO plan. I am going to try again tomorrow with somebody else. Anyone else have any luck or info?
Old 02-15-2011, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

abednego is keeping up the good workabednego is keeping up the good work

Chats & eCare are clueless.

I sometimes wonder if they're even Sprint employees... or from a third party vendor. You need to confirm with account services, who specialize in SERO plans.

I have e-mails as well from eCare, saying that there is no fee in addition to the $40 SeroP. Debating whether or not I should push it though... I'm sure 24/$10 discounts are still available.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abednego View Post
Chats & eCare are clueless.

I sometimes wonder if they're even Sprint employees... or from a third party vendor. You need to confirm with account services, who specialize in SERO plans.

I have e-mails as well from eCare, saying that there is no fee in addition to the $40 SeroP. Debating whether or not I should push it though... I'm sure 24/$10 discounts are still available.
How do those 24/10 things work? Is it $10 back for 24 months, essentially making the Premium data add-on free for the length of your contract?

Because I would definitely go for that...
Old 02-15-2011, 05:50 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dishe View Post
How do those 24/10 things work? Is it $10 back for 24 months, essentially making the Premium data add-on free for the length of your contract?

Because I would definitely go for that...
yup...that would be how it works. Sprint originally started doing that when the Evo came out and people complained that they don't have 4G in their area yet to pay for the $10 4G fee (what they called it in the beginning).

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Old 02-15-2011, 07:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallblazer124 View Post
2:56:18 PM :
Beryl K.: You can have a 4G phone, like HTC EVO, Samsung Epic, LG Optimum, but for this you need to change your plan to Sero premium 500 plan for $40.00.
LG Optimum thats 4g O.o..am I missing something?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion