PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon Confirms 'New Every Two' Is Dead - Program to be terminated as of January 16

Rumors are going around that Verizon is significantly changing their phone upgrade policies and eliminating their "New Every Two" offer, which provided users with a credit of $30 to $100 toward a new phone every two years.

Verizon has now confirmed this is true! New Every Two is officially dead starting on January 16 for new customers, with existing customers losing the option when they renew their contracts.

What do you think about this? Does it even bother you? With me working here I can honestly say that the majority of my customers never even knew they had credits like this. Funny to me but I wonder what the future holds with this move from big red?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-13-2011, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVo
Carrier: Sprint

subprime is keeping up the good worksubprime is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Verizon Confirms 'New Every Two' Is Dead - Program to be terminated as of January

Will existing customers be able to purchase phones at the same prices as new customers if they renew their contracts? If they can then I would say it probably isn't that big of a deal.
Old 01-13-2011, 05:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Verizon Confirms 'New Every Two' Is Dead - Program to be terminated as of January

Are you saying that I will lose my $100 credit towards another phone that I have been waiting to use for about 2 years now ?

I was waiting for a Windows Phone 7 model to hit Verizon then use for a new contract.

Where did you find out this ? I'm actually going to call them right now.

Edit: just like customer service, clueless or can't say anything.

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

Last edited by DavidinCT; 01-13-2011 at 05:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:08 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
Will existing customers be able to purchase phones at the same prices as new customers if they renew their contracts? If they can then I would say it probably isn't that big of a deal.
Yes, this has always been the case. New customers get the same price you see advertised as a customer would when upgrading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidinCT View Post
Are you saying that I will lose my $100 credit towards another phone that I have been waiting to use for about 2 years now ?

I was waiting for a Windows Phone 7 model to hit Verizon then use for a new contract.

Where did you find out this ? I'm actually going to call them right now.

Edit: just like customer service, clueless or can't say anything.
The one you're waiting to use, you will not lose it. Once you use the credits you currently have, there will be no more moving forward. You will still get the same price on phones you see advertised, just no additional in store credits.

Announcements are all over the web and our rep just confirmed.

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 01-13-2011 at 06:10 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:16 PM
VIP Member

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by subprime View Post
I guess it depends on how you look at it. If you had a plan that was under $50 a month (voice plan) you got a $50 credit or $80, you got a $100 after your 2 year contract was up towards a new phone.

For me, it was something that would keep me there, an extra Perk for being a long term customer, after my next phone, no perks, no reason for me to stay because I could get the same price on my next phone from anyone. I liked and used it (it's been around forever), accept in the last few years (no good phones at least for me).

Promo price + $50 to $100 of a new phone= a good deal on a new phone.

Found the web posting about it.

Verizon Ends New Every Two and Early Upgrades - WSJ.com

Personally, unless their coverage is a lot better than all my other options when my next phone comes up, I would have no reason to stay. It's just an other way for cell phone comanies to rip people off. So much for my 10+ years with one company.

Just my thoughts.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:49 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

yeah it had it's perks for sure. I believe the ones who are used to that $100 credit may be more upset than others. Hell, as I said most of my customers who get the $30-$50 credit are like "what? I get a credit." lol
Old 01-13-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courtney1985 View Post
yeah it had it's perks for sure. I believe the ones who are used to that $100 credit may be more upset than others. Hell, as I said most of my customers who get the $30-$50 credit are like "what? I get a credit." lol
Most people who started in the last 3-4 years with VZW yea, they didn't really know about it.

About 5-7 years ago, it was a big promo thing, everyone knew about it, at least when they got their phone (unless they forgot).

The credit was based on bill, for a long time I had the 1300min + data on my phone, I lost that job and dropped down to 450, so even now, I would only get a $30-50 credit but, now even that will be gone.

Like I said, No perk, no reason to stay unless their coverage is that much better and in 2 years, I am sure GSM coverage in the US will be a lot better than it is now.

If I didn't have that credit, I would of gone to AT&T to get a WP7 phone, that is all I want and Verizon can't provide it yet or let me know when I will be able to get one. I am really getting sick of waiting tho...
Old 01-16-2011, 04:37 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Threadstarter

Rumor is WP7 won't be available until around April That's when we can order them is what were told.

Do what you feel will make you happy. I don't blame anyone for making decisions, as long as you leave with a smile on your face like I do everyday, in everything I do.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

If you're the Courtney near St. Louis who tried to rip me off over an i930 few years ago, I'll place kick your face to wipe that smile clean off. If that's not you, do carry on and ignore this post.
Old 01-17-2011, 08:33 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

"All of this adds up to more out-of-pocket costs for Verizon customers."

Sounds like even more reason, in addition to them being the highest priced provider, NOT to have Verizon! But I still predict Many sheep will Flock to them when the iphony gets released.

PPCGeeks > Off Topic Chatter > Carrier Discussion